Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

voltcatfish posted:

Yeah I summoned a sunbro both times to be nice and help them get some medals, this apparently just horribly breaks the Crystal Sage.

I just did it alone. Apparently bleed procs on him so he went down even quicker than having a bro :shrug:

Yeah, I googled up if black crystaling out too much as repercussions (apparently it does, maybe?) because while my own two tries against him went properly, my Sunbroing attempts after the fact were buggy as gently caress.

One of the functional times felt good though, because I used my tiny 14 Faith heal to top up and keep alive a host who was apparently completely out of Estus :unsmith:

Players seem much more aware of when their Summon suddenly takes a prayer pose when they have no way of healing themselves, and at least Sage has good gaps to hold the pose for them to get close. Trying to heal allies in most fights would likely just get you both killed, even if they knew it was coming.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Apr 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Subhazard posted:

I forget, this is SA, more context is needed rather than all-caps.

I made a video where I feed phantoms to lizards. took me 6 hours to edit, hope you all like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LENt4XR-e8o

You'd figure they would have been more appreciative of your efforts. Raising pets is rough :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Rolo posted:

Totally loved this after I spent forever trying to remember where that music is from. For a second I thought it was Cyborg Justice and you woulda gotten some serious cred.

Oh my loving god someone else remembers that game.

It would have been the best thing ever if, you know, it had more variety than 2 enemies, repeat until boss, repeat until sudden 2D plane fight :negative:

DS3 DCL let me tear the legs off an enemy and put them on TIA.

RatHat posted:

Also literally the first chest is a mimic, which kinda defeats the point.

It wasn't for me, but that may be my wildly indecisive and unintutive choices of direction at play :downs:

Nice of them to put it in a place where you can see it from complete safety though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

The Gorp posted:

I wish mimics weren't strictly chest enemies.
Like, have a barrel with a shiny where the barrel eats you if you try to take it. You have to roll or attack the barrel.

I feel like because mimics are forced to pretend to be chests there's no suspense. You know when the risk is.
Maybe what I said is retarded and bad game design but I would like at least one booby trapped item that isn't given away by "This is a treasure chest".

You mean like the various ambushes by a glowy that turned out to be some Alluring Skulls?

Granted, they haven't been GOOD ambushes so far. But I laughed at the joke.

Alan Smithee posted:

really any sort of HOLY OBJECT ISNT WHAT IT APPEARS TO BE moment would be nice

Funny, I thought Lost Izalith was the LEAST favorite area in DS1 :v: Oh wait those guys were also in the Demon ruins carry on.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Apr 21, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
For ladder mimics to work right, you need to have one of the later ones, EXACTLY one, that is a fake ladder you approach from above.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So today I learned that sometimes, enemies don't give a poo poo you have a freshly cast Spook spell and will 180 on me from 20 feet away, even when they would ignore me slow walking towards in armor until I am caressing their asscheecks without the buff.

After some experimenting, it seems this happens if I am two handing my weapon while the spook spell is running. What the gently caress?

I primarily did this little experiment on the lone Darkwraith at the Wall. But even say, the Lothric Knight on the way will develop psychic powers if I'm two handing my weapon, but one handing it I can go full speed and backstab him while the hollows in front of him freak out over seeing me. Careful walking WITHOUT the spook spell, I can still sneak up on them while two handing (Or at the very least, they don't turn to face me from 20 feet away).

Anybody have any ideas why two handing my weapon with the spook buff up makes enemies notice me faster than when I'm not using the spell at all? Or is it basically just Odd Video Games Quirks in action.

PS: God damnit Lothric Knight, give me your gloves. I have duplicates of your everything but still no gloves :argh:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Solumin posted:

I've never a played a Dark Souls/Demon Souls game before. This one seems really cool and I want to try it out, but I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it. What's the best way to try out the series?

The three obvious options are:
1) Buy DS III and get a refund if I don't like it. This is kind of expensive, and the refund time (2 hours of playtime) might not be enough for me to decide if I enjoy it or not.
2) Wait for the summer sale and pick up one of the games. DS II or DS I should be on a pretty steep sale this year, and obviously DS III won't be on sale at all.
3) Borrow Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition from my friend's library.

I'm on PC (Steam) if that makes a difference. I have an XBox controller, which from what I understand is more or less necessary to jump into playing the earlier games. Any advice?

I am a filthy casual at these games, and I say try out DS3. Knight is a solid starting class which you can branch out into a lot of different things later, while having the luxury of starting with solid armor and one of the nicer normal shields. You can get access to entry level spell casting faster than you can get access to the Knight equipment. Even being able to cast the worst healing spell is useful for PvE and only needs 10 faith, and you can buy it as soon as you beat the first boss.

Pyromancer is also a nice start because you don't have to wait a short ways in for tossing fireballs, plus Pyromancy starts off stronger and needs less overall investment (and will let you cast utility spells from sorcery and miracles on the side) while Sorcery and offensive Miracles need a shitload more investment.

I'm sure people better at this game have better advice, but the early game at least is relatively smooth for this sort of game if you don't go all "I'm playing Deprived as my very first character ever!".

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

cathedral of the deep is an amazing anor londo remix and farron keep is my favorite blighttown yet. does this game get even better?

I'm currently screwing around Farron Keep's opening and I have to say the low damage poison is really making this less of a ballbuster. Though already knowing what certain enemies are when I saw them has certainly helped matters. gently caress yeah +1 shortbow!

Though I'm probably going to have to put off going for the Pharis hat and bow until later, ouch. Good thing that's tucked away in an optional go out of my way for it corner.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Vermain posted:

Get one of the chimes the Hollows in the tutorial area drop. You'll immediately have the stats to use it and Gentle Prayer is an effective (if boring) method of keeping your HP up between fights without having to blow Estus.

I have no idea if the gentle chime heal keeps working once you put away the chime, because when you put it away the buff icon is removed. It's a reasonably strong heal for what it is, but it also takes about a while for all the health to trickle in so if switching away from the chime cancels it, blah. But it's still more health per FP spent than Heal Aid.

I'll take a moment to test this.

EDIT: Yup, switching away from the chime cancels the slow heal over time early. Still useful, but something to keep in mind.

Ah, beaten.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 22, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Thumbtacks posted:

It doesn't, you have to keep it out.

Which is extra dumb because if you have a Blessed shield, the HP regen still works with it on your back, but I guess when you 2h something you put the chime AWAY and it's not active.

So basically if you regen HP that way you have to keep the chime out until you've regened it all, which can be annoying

it's still worth it though IMO

I am so loving glad that at least the Spook spell stays active when you put your staff away. Even if there is that oddball glitch where if you are two handing a weapon, people will notice me earlier with spook buff up, than they would if I were clanking towards them slowly in armor.

Literally run right up behind people with spook running one handed for a free backstab, but if I'm two handing a weapon they will almost always 180 to face me from 20 feet away even if I'm slow walking :wtc:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Thumbtacks posted:

It's been a lifesaver on my fisty build, I've punched my way through the game with cestus/demon fist and a blessed chime. It's been hard but it's surprisingly fun. I love the fists. They're great in PvP too which is weird.

Yeah, if you have no spell slots or just one spell slot otherwise occupied then it way, way more valuable than just being willing to spend the FP on Heal Aid.

I'm still using a Chime right now anyways, because while I could buy that 112 default adjust talisman from the firekeeper right now I got this 112 mod chime already, and I'd rather have a cheaper heal just in case than the talisman buff of questionable use unless you want the extra help with lightning spells I don't have.

EDIT: It may take a full minute, but with just 14 Faith, a 112 adjust B chime will heal 360 HP.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Apr 22, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

voltcatfish posted:

Then again after my dex run I will probably do some form of magic for variety purposes, just need a refresher:

Pyromancy - Very good?
Sorcery - poo poo?
Miracles - Slow to start, and then becomes good?
Dark Miracles - ???

Offensive Miracles now have a gimmick where you need to be close for them to deal full damage. But you can easily slum it just to have access to utility miracles while doing other things. The cure for poison, frost, and build up of bleed only needs 12 faith and is low FP (It doesn't do poo poo for lowering your Curse build up, though :v:). According to the wiki it also removes maggots but, you know, Torch.

It's definitely saved me needing to bother buying purple moss when I'm spending more time on dry land than "Eh I'll just get poisoned again anyways" hip deep in swamp.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
"Man, I bet this guy is going to kick my rear end so hard."

LATER

"Turns out he didn't have a... Leg to stand on" :downsrim:

After getting my rear end handed to me by the giant mother fuckers in Farron's, that was a pleasant surprise.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
My continuing trend of having my skill level be selected by a random number generator continues.

Still, feelin good about taking out the Abyss Watchers on the first go :buddy: +1 Flamberge, you and me are going places.

EDIT: Now... What to level up next with my indecisive not optimal in the slightest build...

cheetah7071 posted:

The suggestion I saw that I liked the most was that they could be summoned without your ember. So, less reliable than white or gold phantoms, but don't require a resource investment.

I keep seeing purple signs every so often while not embered. Though I've yet to have the nerve to touch them :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

Heh, this Untended Graves Boss doesn't seem like much :smug:
Boss takes a shitload of meth
:stare:

I am expecting my good feelings about bosses to end swiftly now that I've beaten the Abyss Watchers, and I'm deciding between continuing through the catacombs or backtracking to finally enter the Cathedral.

And now I'm considering 18 Attune up from 14 just so I can have even more cool toys at once, with or without the Saint's ring. Carthus flame arc is sweet. But so is having a heal and a fire orb. My current level 40ish stats lineup would probably make any sane person cringe in horror.

Spoilers if terrible moron builds hurt you to see. Knight SL 46. VIG 19. ATT 14. END 13. VIT 18. STR 20. DEX 20. INT 10. FTH 14. LCK 7. HP: 723. FP 114. Stamina 98.

My equip load isn't helped by my habit of keeping as many weapon slots filled with things as possible :downs:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
God damnit, logical end results. I wanted to fire buff my ice sword even if it makes no sense :argh:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Obligatum VII posted:

You know what weird mashup/callout From hasn't done in a souls game yet? Armored Core. I dunno about you, but I'd be down for somehow fighting a mech in a DLC.

Covenant of the Nine. Seeketh your target, and commence hostilities.

Robo Reagan posted:

I'm actually glad armor upgrading is gone. Weapon upgrading is one thing, but having to upgrade my armor along with it was annoying because it was one more thing that was "necessary" for being optimal.

Me too, it leaves that much more titanite to spend on playing with piles of weaponry just for the hell of it. Upgrading just "one" outfit was still throwing down time and materials for four separate objects.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

PantsBandit posted:

So I'm trying to run a sword and board dude right now. I have a pretty heavy shield that negates all damage but keeps me from rolling effectively. So what am I supposed to do when I fight guys who the shield doesn't work against? Like the big fat dude with the axe who does the big spinning attack (early game, haven't even gotten to the second boss yet).

Should I switch to a different shield? One hand my weapon?

Would embracing your inner spartan and wearing as light/little clothing as possible allow you to dodge while still using it? I like shields myself, and went full Tower Shield retard in DS1. But being able to roll and have a smaller shield > having a bigger shield but not able to roll, when fighting stuff a shield ignores. I've been primarily using the Lothric Shield (Normal, not Greatshield) as a safety buffer for dodging against stuff that doesn't just bounce right off it in DS3 so far, considering my very little investment in Endurance, and enemies who don't bounce off you will just keep on trucking with their entire combos.

Plus there are lots of enemies with special attacks that will guard crush you straight out. When you see a Lothric knight two handing their weapon, your shield isn't going to handle it very well :v:

Also like Melanion said, the helicopter spin isn't a good time to be trying to shield tank. But being able to block the initial hit if you were too close and then rolling away to complete safety? Much more pleasant. Though that's a hell of a lot harder with an over 70% equip load fat roll.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 22, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I'm eyeballing my various desires of the horribly inefficient multi tasking variety. I'm currently level 51, and about to finally deal with the Catacomb's properly (I went in, grabbed pyro book, then remembered I never did cathedral :downs:).

What's the average casual Co-Op for giggles level ranges post cathedral? I keep hearing mixed things in my basic searches ranging from people staying at level 30s for Covenant stuff, to SL 120 endgame antics.

My interests are more in if I'm able to put down white signs for the hell of it in areas I've already cleared (or desperately hoping for help on bosses if I need it I guess). My current "it would be nice if I had-" goals would probably end around level 70-80 before it hits pure "And now Let's throw on even more for shits and giggles" territory.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

BillmasterCozb posted:

I have killed all the mimics, and I have no symbol of avarice. This is the second time it's happened.

Ugh, that sucks. I felt kind of guilty when I got it after killing the one in the cathedral (I threw a Loyd's at it, looted, then decided gently caress it kill it anyways).

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Just beat my first boss in my first Dark Souls game ever and I get it, hot drat. GOAT status game.

Welcome aboard :buddy:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

irlZaphod posted:

So I got this the other day and have never played any of the earlier games. I keep dying on the first boss but on top of that my Weapon is now "at risk". Is there anywhere I can get it fixed before the first boss or do I just need to start again?

Also if you haven't found them yet, there are some firebombs that can help in the area before the first boss. They don't respawn though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I don't even have the faith for the rewards, I haven't even reached the altar to turn them in, but apparently 8 AM EST while I'm having sleep issues is the freight train of assisting people kill the Cathedral boss, at level 54.

Maybe it's the pope hat, they know I mean business.

I AM BRAWW posted:

Game shouldn't be balanced with invasions or pVP in mind you fucktards

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Kanos posted:

As someone who has played through the game four times now with different builds, the PvE game works really well when there's an actual tradeoff to using light weapons versus heavy weapons and actually having to time your attacks instead of mashing buttons.

I have no idea what you're talking about about slow weapons being bad in PvE, you just have to learn to actually time your swings instead of flailing R1 at mobs like you would with a straight sword. My current playthrough was Black Knight Greatsword and Black Knight Greataxe all the way and it was easily my most entertaining PvE playthrough because of the insane damage two handers do in PvE. I killed Dancer in like 30 seconds because I was hitting her for 650 damage per swing. I guess maybe slow weapons that do low damage like spears or whips are bad in PvE but a poise change wouldn't help that in the slightest.
As long as they don't touch PvE enemies I wouldn't mind player poise getting an upswing or wearing beefy armor having a more notable effect. As opposed to "gently caress everyone nerf every weapon that doesn't required 32+ strength :byodood:"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Captain Oblivious posted:

Right but there's no incentive to do so when fast weapons such as straight swords do comparable damage, far faster and far safer.

Even my lovely +2 flamberge let's me scatter the average skeleton's torso right off per swing. One to splat em, one more to finish. They don't even bleed and it makes then a much safer non issue than my dust collecting Astora Straight Sword. I'm sure a straightsword would be more DPS per stamina (all 15 endurance worth I got), but even when going sub optimal slower stuff can clean house in most of PvE.

EDIT: +1 Flamberge says Hi, Abyss Watchers.

Luceid posted:

*puts on 0.75 tonnes of black iron plate* ah gently caress this skeleton hit me with a knife. poo poo what wa si doing. gently caress im reeling, such force behind these blows

Yeah, this I can agree is annoying if you put in the effort for fatty armors without fat rolling. Though I've yet to be literally stunlocked even when I'm wearing just Heralds and a pope hat. which has been a pleasant surprise.

I would be so loving sad if they made fatrolls kick in at 50% again. A good chunk of my weight is filling all size weapons slots with something or other. And with +1 weight per Vit, even multiple low weight items add up.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 25, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Lothric Spear has a passive buff that grants you poise.

It would probably do a lot for that thing's functional viability compared to the alternatives if it did anything for you.

I do at least think it looks nice :downs:

Vargs posted:

Really disagree with this sentiment. I'm playing DS2 right now and a shield seems 100% pointless because every enemy attack is slow and telegraphed so you can easily dodge it. In DS3, enemies can attack so quickly, suddenly, and relentlessly that having a shield is invaluable for those times that you slip up and can't dodge in time. You still need to primarily rely on dodges, but it is a fantastic second line of defense.

It also greatly trivializes a whole lot of enemies in the game due to the stagger. I found dogs and thralls, for example, to be pretty irritating on my initial shieldless run because they move around so much and dodge out of the way of your attacks. With a shield you can just approach while holding L1, let them stagger themselves on your shield in futility, and get a guaranteed easy kill as they're reeling every single time.

I was a huge shield baby in DS1, but while I can't Pro Tank something that hits as hards as a Capra Demon with a normal shield, DS3 normal shields have still given me a great saftey buffer for being sloppy with my dodge timing on enemies who don't just bounce of it.

I have not used Greatshields in DS3 I admit, so if those don't transition you to being able to take two or three cathedral knight normal attacks without being guard crushed, then yeah I could see the disappointment.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Ruggington posted:

I think I'm in love with axes and war cry

Crescent Axe is a "Halberd" with Warcry. And when you use warcry it turn's it's halberd spin hard attacks into an overhead smash. Only on the end of a long handle that doesn't need 32+ strength to wield.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Is there something special about axes? Every time I see somebody with one, I assume they're a free kill.

Oops. Edit: They have fun moveset and look cool, and the majority of them have rather forgiving stat requirements if you are not going for Great Axes.

I liked the Craftsman hammer in DS2 in large part because it had the axe moveset.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 26, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

I find it hard to believe they toned down the difficulty of the early areas when Lothric Knights are basically identical when you run into them again later and are still a pain in the rear end.

It's still harder than DS1's earlier areas by a longshot. Whereeverything of note that isn't a generic hollow doesn't respawn, with the exception of the Balder knights who look somewhat lackluster compared to Lothric Knights now.

That isn't to say the early game isn't smooth even for a newcomer once they get a handle on things. But even someone as mediocre as me is basically an olympic god with a fresh warrior start in Undead burg through Gargoyles now, while I have to give lothric knights or a room full of tall dudes with greataxes and halberds some consideration.

But if there are no brick wall of a curve tricks to chase off people, then it's considered "Too Easy" for people who can beat the whole game with their eyes closed anyway. You can't wander off into a graveyard full of skeletons now and get your rear end handed to you by enemies much tougher than the ones in your intended direction. There is no 90 degree angle instant death grab hippo you can run into even before you see your character creation screen. Therefore, casual garbage.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 26, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

voltcatfish posted:

Wow Katanas really gently caress the Abyss Walkers up

I didn't expect to stagger him with every attack

You can even backstab them, which is really satisfying on a boss. Equal ground, mother fucker.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Booya posted:

Are any of the spears particularly stand out sick in this game? I been using the Lothric Knight spear for a while, cause it looks cool, but the weapon art being a piece of poo poo kind of sucks.

Partizan can be gained relatively early, and has a swing for it's hard attack, and big spin for it's weapon art.

Remember to hit that hard attack button after your spin specials, kids!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I like the "Stance" skill but hardly any Greatswords have it. I feel so loving lucky I managed to get a Flamberge drop around when I was leaving behind undead settlement for good.

While it's drop rate is a bitch, it is also literally the only Stance Greatsword that isn't a unique one of a kind per NG snowflake. Even if it does not have a Thrust like the claymore, and even though I'm not running a 'max bleed' build, I've been enjoying it.

That said, whenever I get around to killing ol tree boss I'm probably making the hollowslayer sword on principle then. Even if I can't set it on fire.

Unrelated, note to self. Window shop for 20/20 STR/DEX capable weapons that feel like a nice thematic fit for a Stone Parma.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 26, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Broseph Brostar posted:

Why not use the Claymore then?

I've been using it for variety as much as anything :v: Claymore is nice but I decided "Hey, let's try something slightly different than for once!" Plus I have a back up Flamberge in storage in case I want to do some wacky poo poo to it without worry, unlike a One Per NG weapon which would take more effort playing with gems to try different things with, and then go back.

Claymore is loving sweet as ever, though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Ugh. almost beat the Catacombs boss on the first shot. But then I got stuck inside his forearm somehow going for the finish and welp guess I can't avoid his highly telegraphed big attack :downs:

Still, such circumstances gives me confidence in soloing this guy.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So that was a close call victory on my second shot at the Catacombs boss.

Are the Bonewheel skeletons near the end supposed to be completely loving invincible? Because nothing I did from sword to fire orb would touch them after getting used to two shotting them when they appear normally earlier.

So the last leg of the boss was me desperately flailing at the boss while chugging estus between getting slammed by invincible adds (often standing around close enough that my swings at the boss would harmlessly pass through them too :v:)

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I missed screen shotting it, but I just saw a phantom of MYSELF standing by the bonfire before it slid away in idle stance.

Well, unless there was somebody else with a Chime, Flamberge, Herald pants, Mirrah chest, and the Symbol of Avarice at that exact same moment :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Any thoughts on how you would make the requirement to join Rosaria "less strict"?

The hard part is getting there, and there are some guaranteed pale tongues before hand if you needed those to join (I only got there, didn't join yet. But I had over 5 pale tongues when I reached it).

Woozy posted:

I think the clones only have 1 hp at least so you should be able to clear them with throwing knives (the fast kind). I don't remember much about Crystal Sage because I beat him in a rage-induced fog after having to dark sign the first attempt due to The Bug.

Yeah, I brought my biggest "Dagger" with me as a side weapon on my second try, and all the sunbroing I did for it after that. Even if you don't go after them all, it's good to clear out one near the middle and then one or two while you are scoping things out for the Real Deal.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 27, 2016

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Rolo posted:

I hope I'm not the only one that sings the song from the Crossfire commercial except saying bonfire instead.

Bonfire. Bonfire! Bon Fayaaaaaa

Oh thank god.

I mean, no it's just you.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

You are this thread's savior.

Put this in the OP TIA

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

What the gently caress does pandering even mean in this context? It pandered to me by being fun to play???

I'm being pandered to because all of the class starts have enough stats to one hand their weapons. Or in fact, HAVE weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Zombies' Downfall posted:

A monk class that starts with a Cestus or some kind of punchman ring and no weapon would've been a cool thing to have

This would also have been quite sweet. Particularly if you could still parry. Even one handed when I use the cestus, it does the little buff art instead if my offhand is empty. I'm expecting I'm doing something wrong there, right?

Jerkface posted:

I managed to beat Nameless King after like 4 tries but I only beat him at the end because we traded killing blows (and i was out of estus so I was just going for it) but I had Tears of Denial :stare:

Nameless King: Im...impossible
Me: Cry more

That fight was loving brutal

I love the mental imagry of the boss calling bullshit.