Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I know nothing about this game except what's been in the trailers and I am hype af rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

How good is the character creator this time around? I'm all antsy waiting for this thing to drop but I know I'm going to spend my first hour making a hideous monster.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

thank u

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Gonna smash every loving thing with a club until I get a Bigger Club.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Popelmon posted:

Ugh I'm too bad to kill the first boss :downs:.

he is a right fucker

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Decided to reroll as my classic spearlady and I've just been poking my way to non-stop victory so far. It's like when skellingtons drink enough milk they become invulnerable, that's me and spear-poking.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I feel real bad for the people having crash/graphical issues, because running at max settings (970) this game's loving gorgeous. There's some lighting stuff going on in a tower on the Wall and a few other areas that looks incredible. I'm not far enough to say how much back-winding the shortcuts do but the levels I've been in so far have that DS1 feeling of 'place'. Excited to see what's ahead.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

foiled by tree nards

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Frankston posted:

So after rolling back to some 3-year old drivers, my GTX 570 and i5-2500k can now play the game on high settings at 40fps, whereas before with up to date drivers I was struggling to get 15fps with the lowest settings.

What is this game

FROM SOFT port

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

These item boxes are far too little

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Let there be jumping

Speaking of jumping is there any way to remap it to also use the sprint/roll button like in DS1/2? tbh I think using L3 works better but I just know I'm going to get myself murdered by forgetting they changed it at a critical moment.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'm glad to not lose max HP after dying now, but man it was pretty cool seeing your character get progressively more hosed up and rotted as it happened. Wish that was back somehow.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Haha I am so bad at exploring. I got all the way to the place where you need a a small doll to proceed before I realized I had completely loving skipped the entire Cathedral :v:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I need some hot tips on not dying every time to Aldrich's loving arrow rain attack. It seems like after I get him down below 50% health, if he busts that move out it lasts for far, far longer than I have the stamina to evade. I have I think 18 or 20 in that stat and even huffing some grass didn't help much. I could easily end the fight if it weren't for that one thing! Any ideas?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

CJacobs posted:

The arrows track you on a delay, so if you zig zag they will struggle to keep up, and also the final second or so of the arrow rain doesn't follow you so if you just turn and run laterally it'll miss.

Ooh... I should be running, not rolling around like an idiot, right? I noticed that I could sort of trick them by changing direction but by the time I was up and running from the roll they'd tracked me again. Thanks.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Yhorm is basically "did you play Demon's Souls?: Boss Edition" huh? Cool.

Also saw a player named Meaty Vagina, way to go FROM word filter

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

word filter doesn't take capital letters into account

jfc that's amazing

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

The lack of cloud saves, while I get the reasoning, loving sucks. I want to take my home lady to my work laptop and play there too.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lol come on FROM this is just ridiculous, wtf. there aren't even any enemies in between there.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

Where is the guy I'm supposed to talk to so I can mound makers on this run? I know roughly where he is but no idea where exactly to look.

If you take the second (?) bonfire and hug right you'll cross a bridge and eventually find a spot with thralls on the roofs shooting darts, he's around there and so is the cage dude,

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

It was pretty disappointing I couldn't use the torch to light my candlehead up.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

kanonvandekempen posted:

I've helped 3 people kill the Nameless king successfully now. I have yet to be able to successfully summon someone for that fight in my own game. I've read 'unable to summon phantom' about 300 times now.

I think the servers are just on fire still. Last night at Dragonslayer Armor I had about a 75% chance of being summoned to some kind of limbo and then disconnected.

Mortimer posted:

lol? Who's the twat, him or the guy posting giant images? also that message isnt funny or cool

I chuckled :shrug:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Anybody else miss the Small White Soapstone? I find that I really liked being able to help clear a tough PvE area for a dinky reward and then NOT having to go all the way to the boss. I can park my Big Sign outside the fog door for that.

Melanion posted:

Everyone who continually lists a host's advantages misses an extremely significant invader advantage.

The invader is always prepared for PvP to happen. The host is not. It's entirely possible to go through the entire PvE game with a PvP-unfriendly build (hello sorcery) and have invasions be nothing but frustrating. It's possible to stick yourself in a corner for five minutes so you can go handle the laundry and come back to a lost ember and a level to re-clear. It's possible to be a person who hates PvP and intentionally doesn't summon hordes of friendly phantoms because you'd prefer the PvP segment of your day to be over as soon as humanly possible.

I'm not saying this perfectly balances the invader/host disparity or means PvP should be skewed more toward hosts. But when you're defending invading you should remember that your playstyle is not the only one that exists and calling people whiners for having a different playstyle is pure silliness.

Yo I agree with most of what you're saying but this is dumb as gently caress, all you have to do is quit to the title screen and loading (at least on PC) is super quick.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

I will say it's weird that you get seeds by beating invaders. Shouldn't you get them for losing to them?

Do you have to beat them? I thought it dropped a new one after each invasion, but I haven't been diligent enough in testing that to be 100% sure.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Babe Magnet posted:

Heysel has the Obscuring Ring, I think, which straight up makes you invisible outside of 100 yards of another player or NPC, so you may be getting bamboozled by that.

Unless they straight up were furniture for a minute, then it's chameleon or a branch lol

gently caress, this must have been what that host was using last night. Empty but seeded Alrdirch area so it's been long enough for invaders to murder every enemy, I killed three blue cops one after another plus spent like 15 minutes whacking every likely-looking prop with my sword before I gave up. With the Slumbering Dragon ring he could have been following around behind me laughing!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Is there a talisman that does Sorcery and Miracles? I know about the white hair talisman from the fire lake that does pyro/miracles, but I really want my spell-chucking wizard to also have lightning bolts. What about Sorcery/Pyro?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

drat Orbeck way to use your last breath to make me feel super bad about murdering you, what a downer dude jeez

e: his ashes are sad too :smith:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Did you know you don't even have to murder him? If you purchase all his spells and then backtrack through the Grand Archives after killing the boss, you can find his corpse and ashes and hand them in to Yuria, no questions asked.

Joke's on you then, I handed his ashes to the Handmaid without thinking and then double-checked the plan :shepicide:

e: of course I bought all his poo poo first

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Yup you definitely need two phantoms to go from Lothric Bonfire to the loving Dragon Barracks

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

There's no use for more than one copy of a spell now, right? It would be kind of neat if attuning copies lowered the cast cost or something though.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Is there anything I can do settings-wise to increase my odds of darkmooning? I've been farming and picking up missed gear and other stuff for quite a few hours now and absolutely zero action at SL 100, not even failed attempts. My internet isn't that lovely, is Windows blocking me somehow? Normal summoning works fine, almost instantly both ways.

e: i just want to stop genociding these silver k***hts already

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Crystal Sage Rapier, Gold Covetous Ring, Symbol of Avarice, & Rusted Coins... am I missing anything or is that the max for item-based +Discovery?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

I got all his stuff, it's the fact that I can't actually get the dialogue that bothers me. Guess I'll have to settle for youtube.

It's like one line so don't beat yourself up too bad about it

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

There are so many questlines that I never even ran into the beginning of in NG. Now to figure out who the hell Creighton is.

o poo poo waddup

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Anyone know the formula that determines how many souls you get from a player kill?

I've been assuming it's 1% of what the next level costs, at least that seemed to match what I got when I was doing a lot of PvP.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

TheNightReaver posted:

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but this takes DS3 to a whole new level...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esOpx7ybPt8

lol

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

turtlecrunch posted:

There is a checker especially for DS3 now that takes into account the capitalization issue, though Smalldick should have been Small****

https://omgftw.github.io/DarkSouls3CensorCheck/

It pleases me greatly that people know Queen Hot poo poo is the one murdering them.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Do we know when the first DLC is scheduled yet? I ask because I don't want my 100% attempt to get hosed like with DS2 where they add spells gated behind tough-rear end bosses that I don't want to fight on NG+++++

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

turtlecrunch posted:

First one is Autumn of this year
We're about a month out from E3 where they may preview a bit of it and more importantly announce their next game

cheers m8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lite_sleepr posted:

Ocelotte getting wrecked sounds on a loop

please never stop posting like this ITT