Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
is there a way to send greirat to ice land without him getting killed? I liked him a lot, I wish I didn't let him go :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Orv posted:

If you do Siegward's quest line and don't tell Patches he'll show back up after Pontiff.

What entails finishing Siegward's quest? I helped him kill the demon, did I have to do something after that?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Gnumonic posted:

At SL125 with around 55 faith and the right rings, sunlight spear hits for 1500-2000 and regular lightning spear hits around 1k (both close range). If you aren't aware, offensive lightning miracles do about twice as much damage if you're in melee range.

:eyepop: Guess I know what my next guy will be

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Also I was exploring the ruins under the Souldering lake when I encountered a funny man, with a funny sword. "holy gently caress" I said to myself, "thats the loving FUME KNIGHT SWORD"

I died several times. But I got that loving sword. Its mine now bitch

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Internet Kraken posted:

Unless he's different in his boss battle, he doesn't have a face. I mean, in the intro his head is just a chained helmet with a big gaping hole in the middle.

He kiiiinda has a face, But I'm mostly sure he's wearing a mask

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Tamayachi posted:

Watching the cinematic again, he just has a dark patch of shadow where his face should be in the chainmail helmet he's wearing. So it could be shadow face, could be anus face.

During his fight hes eyes + mouth are red and glowy :ssh:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Harrow posted:

I don't think I understand how to deal with the knights in the rafters in the Cathedral of the Deep. I can't seem to parry them and there's no real way to dodge their attacks without falling to my death or eating a shield bash and I am very, very angry about it.

Use arrow on man. They try to truck it directly at you, most often falling to their death

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Finally beat Dancer of the boreal valley, got her swords, which have a rad moveset Moved onto the next area, into a cemetery where I come across the sounds of crying baby. Definitely my favorite boss so far. I'm always a big fan of anguished enemies with nothing to lose

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

BillmasterCozb posted:

It is probably one of the worst areas in the game, all because of them.

How to beat them: when their lanterns glow red, it drains your health. Just stay out of their vision until the lantern goes white again. Hitting one of these ASSHOLES while they light the lantern, will still light it. Losing health is inevitable

I loved that zone because it made me feel fear, instead of being a naked murdermancer able to cut anything in my path to ribbons

worlds deadliest game of red light green light

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Apr 16, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Macintosh HD posted:

Is the Crystal Sage boss fight super easy or am I just improving in skill as I play?

They're pretty easy, don't worry, youre getting to the part where the difficulty ramps up pretty much exponentially

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Internet Kraken posted:

Well this is going to suck. I've become so reliant on my quickstep.

EDIT: Hm, I do 29 damage to him and at least one of his attacks can oneshot me :regd09:

Its an anime storymode fight. You end up like, 5 or 6 shotting him with the sword fully charged :buddy:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Ruggington posted:

Jesus Christ Dancer of the :tutbutt: valley is a motherfucker

Try but hole

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I miss rat king covenant, I'm bummed out that I have to kill my buddies from DS2 :smith:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

voltcatfish posted:

Catacombs...I can't handle this

The floor traps hit enemies too :ssh:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Captain Oblivious posted:

As far as I can tell, it's just an alternate reality Firelink Shrine, because that's how the Dark Souls universe works. The entire place is identical, right down to the names inscribed on the thrones.

My favorite part of going in there was the shrine maiden just being like, "what the gently caress are you doing here? Haha sucks to be you!" Also the fire keepers eyes, which you give to the fire keeper, but in that world its dark, and you're using the eyes to bring the dark world, so basically the only reason it can happen is because it happened before!?

Also I just beat it, some thoughts, It seems that the final boss is the player character from ds1? kinda cool. Also why was all the civilization mashed together into a gray hellscape? Why did the sun turn into the darksign? Why did the world go completely black when I put out the fire?

Cant wait to get into NG+ and undo the fuckups I did previously

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Rewatch the opening cutscene of DS1 and consider what that might suggest regarding the implications of quenching the First Flame :v:

........oh

There is no winning, huh.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Krinkle posted:

??? I only went there after beating the game and there was literally nobody there. You're saying if You go there before that there's an NPC?

yeah, the vendor lady in the chair.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Spudd posted:

Why is summoning so loving broken? I'm trying to summon people for the Dancer fight but most say "unable to summon" and even when I do none of them actually enter the fight with me. Like they're bugged or something.

Its because a shitload of people are stuck there and grabbing the phantoms as soon as they put their signs down. Try putting yours down and youll get summoned next to instantly

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Spudd posted:

It's more that it seems people can't enter my fog door. I've found with Wolnir when I got summoned in I couldn't join the fight ever.

Oh yeah that second part is currently hosed up. I've found it helps to wait around a little bit and do some gestures while everyone syncs up. Only had one or two blocked phantoms since people have been complaining about it

Internet Kraken posted:

Okay seriously, how are you supposed to fight the Champion without a shield? This motherfucker has tons of combos that go on ridiculously long. So fine, I'll wait for an opening, except he keeps mixing in kicks and punched and shoulder checks that go incredibly fast. And if I sit back and try to see if he does one, well then he just goes right into his next attack. He's totally relentless. The difficult jump from Orieon to him is like a brick loving wall.

I got him down to about 25% three or four times before I decided to say gently caress it and summoned a buncha help and just mugged the poo poo out of him. He's definitely a crazy fight though, I think a quick weapon with reach is key

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 17, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
If I go into a NG+ cycle will by friends still be able to play with me via a password? Or is that not a thing

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
untended graves is definitely my favorite area in this game. The realization of where you're at sets in an incredible feeling of dread and uneasiness. Especially where things aren't really where they're supposed to be.

Also with regards to the Dark ending, why the gently caress did I turn the sun off? I figured it was metaphorical darkness, as in an absence of the gods light or somesuch, not literally turning off the sun and setting the world into pitch black. What the poo poo

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Tequila Sunrise posted:

That's sad. I was hoping for a Spear+eye healing combo.

Its good on weapons that hit super fast, like the twinblade weapons.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

It seems a lot of people forgot the contents of the Dark Souls 1 opening :v:

Go rewatch it and it'll make the ramifications of your actions more clear.

I'm assuming you mean it going back to a sort of age of the ancients again? I thought it was implied that it would go from Ancients to Fire to Man?

Anyway, ds1 was basically the start of the end of the world, then ds2 was beyond the end of the world, now we're at the point where the world is just so loving hosed up that its collapsing in on itself, so I guess its best to just put it down and wait for the next one (going by what the fire keeper says with new fires popping up around in the dark)

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I wonder how aldia's doing after all these years

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Is it just me or does the firelink music change after you give the fire keeper the eyes?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Tabletops posted:

re: Giants in DS3

The giants in DS2 are definitely the same as Yhorm, his face looked as if he were wearing a mask over his hole, but again, with his ashes on the seat it gives him a regular old skull, so Its possible the giants have skulls, but theyre either vestigial (like whale hips) or shrouded in darkness.

Also the giant outside of Firelink is definitely the last giant/giant lord. Look at the right of his back, you can see where he was impaled

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

"Lothric is where the transitory lands of the Lords of Cinder converge"

Cornyx also talks about Izalith "drifting close"

Translation: Dark Souls universe features lands literally being functionally independent realms/planes of existence that sometimes drift in and out of phase with each other.

Also somewhat explains why you fall into a vortex in DS2 and find yourself on a new island continent. I guess things betwixt would just be the bridge to all lands?

This time around we're just right in the center of everything getting fucky

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
God this game is pretty

So i've rescued onionman from the well, and patches is in my firelink after he trapped me. Am I safe to send greirat off to iceland?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

voltcatfish posted:

Why is there a duplicate Firelink Shrine behind the Garden? What the gently caress. It gave me the Chaos Blade though, which is cool.

If you didn't already, go to the shrine maiden there, and listen carefully to what she says. You're definitely not supposed to be there :ssh:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Lid posted:

Smouldering Lake WAS my least favourite area based off its unintuitive design, and grueling grueling pace.

I was wrong

Archdragon Peak can gently caress off straight to loving hell. There should never, ever ever, be a bonfire where as soon as you leave you either have to fight a lightning enchanted NPC knight or, if you're really special, HAVEL THE loving ROCK.

Getting past that is sure to wear you the gently caress down and then you have the rest of the level to go because you can't refresh your estus, they come right back.

I really liked AP since It felt like I was really up in the mix. up till then I felt as if the zones were difficult, though not spectacularly so, or spectacularly inspired (they're all awesome, but AP really took it away for me)

It felt like a DLC zone they added in for launch. Also the opening sequence feels like indiana jones and the temple of "AH gently caress IM ON FIRE"

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Megafunk posted:

Did anyone else switch from using a gamepad to keyboard and mouse for the Nameless King? It was so much easier to follow the stupid view angles in the first phase and I somehow do better using right click to dodge roll instead of a controller face button.

I've only played with a kb+m :smug:

Its actually not that bad except when I fight things sometimes my camera likes to rotate a random direction around me if I'm not locked on, which is a bitch in icetown with the invisible stabbers

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Manatee Cannon posted:

the gatordog is a great enemy and the perfect opener to yharnam on ice

Also if you hit his face a handful of times it opens him for a frontstab :ssh:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I'm still willing to throw down that Yhorm is the same species of giant as those in DS2 :colbert:

I'm also willing to throw down that their skulls are mostly vestigial, and in most cases are just kinda grown over by armor skin

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I just realized that around Gilligan's corpse are loads and loads of ladders. He was trying to escape :negative:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Obligatum VII posted:

I don't remember seeing this, where is this?

Profane Capital bonfire, He's where you learn the gesture "stretch out" and honestly that makes it a bit more...I dont know, not sad. Whats the feeling where you're sad and also disgusted at the tragedy? I really liked the guy :smith:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I'm sunbroing at ponti sully since people have trouble at him (SL 58) I can get through phase 1 without getting hit once :buddy:

Also Lighting Stake is fuckin DOPE for when hes summoning his buddy. Fuckin two birds one stone

I just had one with a t-pose host where the boss didnt do any animations on my end, so we just cornered him and I staked him into oblivion

E: also the second part's music is probably my favorite.

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 20, 2016

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Some dude just black crystalled me out after we got to the second part of sully? :confused:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

RatHat posted:

Does black crystaling out at least lower the boss' health back to normal? That'd really suck if it doesn't.

His health didn't change at all, which I'd assume it would when it happened. I assume it set it at the start and doesnt change. Sucks for him tho cause he was a shieldbaby and that fight specifically punishes turtles.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I was hoping Aldrich would be what he is in the trailer, but holy gently caress what a disgusting piece of poo poo monster that wouldnt even be fit to live in a garbage compactor. Sheesh.