Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
wtf i don't get a vertebrae for killing hodrick as an invader?? rude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I love how the last things standing at the very end as time collapses are you, Gael, the Firekeeper, some random ringed knight and a pygmy lord, that one woman who's really pissed off at what you did to Filianore, and Patches.

I like to think Patches is the same guy throughout all three games he's in.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

skasion posted:

Four. Patches the Spider

Whoa. DS2 really dropped the ball.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Six. Patches the Hyena (Demon's Souls) and Patch the Good Luck in Armored Core. :v:

Wait I'm only counting five then.

Patches the Hyena (Demon's Souls)
Patches the Lucky (Dark Souls)
Patches the Spider (Bloodborne)
Unbreakable Patches (DS3)
Patches the Good Luck (Armoured Core)

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Oh, I just assumed people were talking about DS 1 2 3 and then Bloodbourne. I've never actually completed DS2.

Patches is absent in DS2, tragically.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

skasion posted:

There’s no Patches in DS2. There’s Pate who fills similar role, the wandering NPC who’s a bit of a dick and likes to get you in trouble, but he’s not literally the same guy.

Pate doesn't count because there's no moment where he goes "Sorry for betraying you there, will you forgive me?" and if you say "no" he goes "Great here's two humanity thanks for forgiving me!!!"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

morallyobjected posted:

is there a point at which, like Bloodborne, you just get railroaded into NG+? I just took down Lothric and I want to do the DLC before I get too far and can't get back to it

? What's the problem? Can you not get back to the Cathedral? Is the NPC not there? The decs recommend to do Lothric before Ariandel so I don't think it should actually be a problem.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Boy howdy but Friede must feel like such an idiot for not bringing Ariandel his flail.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Relin posted:

Is there a mod out there for making covenant drops something reasonable

like 100%

yeah it's called "doing the drat covenant"

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Yeah, it’s a crazy mod called PvP.

I’ll never understand people who would rather grind out dozens of items with drop rates under 5% than learn to play PvP even halfway decently. The latter option takes less time and is infinitely more fun.

To be fair, it's not great fun to wait around for a darkmoon summon.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Invasion PvP is both more difficult and more fun because it's all about using whatever you can to get an advantage over the hosts since the deck is stacked against you. Straight-up gank squads are definitely tough to deal with, but it feels extremely good to dismantle one.

When I was grinding the wolves covenant there was a guy hanging out there who had an abyss watchers cosplay going on. He beat me like, 6 or 7 times in a row before I barely, BARELY beat him for my 30th piece of grass. Felt good as hell.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I can't even parry the hollows in the ashen cemetary, forget about in PVP.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Hold The Ashes posted:

Dumb question that I probably missed out on but why is Aldrich just a regular guy and not a giant sludge monster when we fight him? Seems weird to have that in the opening intro and then nothing at all comes of it.

Aldrich is the slime, and that's not a guy, it's aldrich's food. "Devourer" of gods and all.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

Ill probably play it if I'm still jonseing after I finish remastered. Any cool recommendations for builds? I liked spears in 1 and 2

The hybrid faith class starts with a spear. I had a good time with it and used it to plat.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Vanrushal posted:

Speaking of Spears of the Church, a week or so ago I was sunbro co-oping with a couple friends through the DLC and almost as soon as I warped in to the bonfire after Demon Prince I got summoned to be the boss. I thought I had to actually be wearing the Spears covenant item but I guess that's not it? Or maybe no one else was in the zone and it just grabbed me rather than let the host fight an npc?

Either way it was the first time I'd done it so it was a neat experience, but looking back on it I think I played it like a dick. The guy had summoned Patches to deal with the guardians, but I alternated between keeping the host on his toes and backstabbing Patches until he died and I ended up with at least one guardian left to run down the host with me. If I had to do it again I'd just let Patches do his thing and deal with however that turned out. Sorry for being an rear end in a top hat, host.

ain't nothin' wrong with being an rear end in a top hat to prevent someone from causing the complete collapse of reality

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Zeerust posted:

I'm heading into Ashes of Ariandel on this pyromancer build, and I'm still early enough in the game I can't get Chaos or Dark infusions - is Fire going to be the better choice out of Fire and Deep? Ariandel reads as a 'fire bad' situation.

If you can't get those infusions, you are doing Ariandel too early.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Levitate posted:

So, dumb question, stuff is on sale on Steam. Is the Deluxe Version with season pass worth getting or just get the base version and spend money on the DLC? I honestly don't know wtf season pass gets you as it's not 100% clear and I don't buy tons of games all the time on Steam

Those two are identical, get whichever costs less.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Is that the place where you can see a crystal lizard behind a locked door? I keep meaning to go back there.

Nope. It's the same zone at least, but a different part.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Perform the Darkmoon Loyalty gesture in front of her.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Have you seen what crabs can do? They can use knives!

BTW, I saw an ending cutscene in a lore vid that showed everyone bowing to your character, and I guess that's only if you refuse to become to the Lord of Cinder? Like in DS1 when the Serpents line up for you when you refuse.

I just sat there by myself like a big nerd. Which may have been appropriate considering I was full Solare Cosplay.

Nope! DS3 has three endings. The first two are basically the same as DS1 but the one you saw involves the character removing the flame from the bonfire and placing it in himself.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Amppelix posted:

I have no idea what you could be talking about here since, for one, ds3 has four endings. For two, only one of them is "basically the same as DS1".

Yes I know ds3 has four endings but two of them are so similar that I consider them the same. To Link the First Flame ending involves you burning yourself in the first flame to keep the world going, and The End of Fire is you extinguishing the first flame, both of which are the two outcomes of DS1.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

SHISHKABOB posted:

The bird people are one of the weirdest things in this game. What's the deal with them?

The universe is rotting. Hiding inside a painting won't save you.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
This is one of those times you need to get good buddy

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Amppelix posted:

"lol just summon" is definitely the wrong answer to boss design complaints.

That's not what I said.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
R1 is the light attack button

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

defeat your enemies in battle

*gently pushing your controller down* no, not that enemy

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Hackan Slash posted:

As opposed to say Soul of Cinder, or whatever the DS3 boss was called?

Durr, what significance does a dude representing the cycle of linking the fire have in a game about how the cycle of linking the fire needs to end, durr

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

anothergod posted:

Is it me or is Dark Souls 3 incredibly linear/rigid? I've played the beginning of the game a few times and it seems like you're always going along the same path. Are there tough high level areas that I'm allowed to go but shouldn't (like Catacombs or New London Ruins in DS1)? I'm currently in Smouldering Lake and it's cool... Just that it seems really linear.

Yes, it is

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

anothergod posted:

Just beat Soul of Cinder. Is there a list of things to do before NG+?

I mean, what do you want to do? Make sure to do the DLC areas at the least if you haven't yet.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

But if I want to hop on over to a magic build from a physical build or vice versa it's all the same, isn't it?

That's what Rosaria is for

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

heard u like girls posted:

The guy that gave you the red eye orbs will give you a key after you do some stuff in Undead Settlements. Not sure what exactly triggers him, i think if you kill a phantom or whatever.

It's if you get a tongue. The idea is that he gives you the cracked orbs, you jank someone in PvP, he tells you how to jank very many people. But there's also a tongue just lying around in the undead settlement and he'll trigger on that one too.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
The way to beat Midir is to stop being a pussy and hit him with your sword.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
People who complain about "deadzones" in ds2 are shizophrenics screaming at the ghosts in their head and the flouride in their tap water.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Amppelix posted:

I also like to personally insult people who don't like videogames i like and/or have a different experience from me

I, also

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
the crab wandered in from outside! he got in a spooky place and he's just a dumb crab! it's right out doors!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I think they learned their lesson. The poison swamp in Sekiro is one small room.

They're conserving their swamp powers for the biggest, most poisonous swamp yet.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Amppelix posted:

I have never once accidentally attacked anyone in any souls game

how are people doing it

Easy to do by setting down the PS3 controller and hitting R2 wrong

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Docks and piracy were not invented after the middle ages.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Why do you only have 1 estus? Did you not do the forest first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
IMO, Isshin Ashina is easier than Sword Saint Isshin. That loving fire column!