Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Irithyll Dungeon, worst part of the game by far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Grondoth posted:

Not just that, it doesn't protect for poo poo

Why'd they do this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MKc9ejlUYs

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
also this: https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4f8yy8/how_defense_and_absorption_really_work/

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Grondoth posted:

It's been explained in great detail how(thanks for the video and the post, that explains a lot about what I was seeing and hearing from my tuff buddy), but I don't know why. Making yourself super tough with ridiculous armour has always been a fun part about Demon's/DS1/DS2, where you could play this action game as a big armoured clad monstrosity that can't even roll properly. 1/2 let you block a lotta stuff that Demon's didn't, while in this game it tapers off quick and it's more important to be wearing 4 pieces of armour than what type of armour it is.

I don't like it. No Sir.

Yeah It's dumb but at least you know how it works now.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Decrepus posted:

Alt F4 if you get invaded.

Good tip.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

mastershakeman posted:

I swear that every time I get invaded its when Im embered after a boss fight victory, and the invader hides behind npcs so I just suicide rather than deal with trying to chase down an enemy that can run and estus, then just go get my souls back. I'd rather not even get embered after a boss victory

They have limited estus and less HP then you. Your best bet is to chill and wait for them to get sick of you. When that fails just run at them.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Welp!

I got attacked by a hacker last night and now if I attempt to load anything but the character attacked by him I get all my saves removed and in it's place I get a level 9 knight with no name.

Normal:

After attempting to load "Mr Dothefires":

Szcwczuk fucked around with this message at 14:36 on May 2, 2016

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Alabaster White posted:

Pro-tip: use this backup tool until some anti-cheat has been patched in. Bamco officially endorses the use of save backup tools.

Used my own I went back 20 backups it's still doing it.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Over 100 hours of saves got hosed I can at least still use one of my guys....heh.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
I don't own a console but this is really the fault of FROM here. I just tired a save from 4/20/2016 and it was also hosed. I check the MD5(s) of the "game" dir and one of them was hosed so I'm thinking it might be an issue with the install.

I hope this means it was something I did and not that "hackers" can inject code.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Liu posted:

if this game is p2p and people invade my game, why do my attacks lag against them? Am i not the host? what kind of netcode is at play here

You ask a server if you hit him the server asks him if he got hit. Sometimes it goes wrong.

There is a handshake in the middle of the PVP transaction.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Exodee posted:

At the very least From's PC ports haven't been able to brick your windows installation yet. :cheeky:

From what I'm reading it totally can right now. Play offline if you can.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

NotAnArtist posted:

I'm rolling a pyromancer and I'm currently level 27, just at the crucifixion woods. My str and dex are only 12 apiece, with my faith and int at 20. I've been using a +2 raw rear end and a +2 flame, but I'm wondering what sort of weapons I should be thinking about. Last playthrough I was a straight sword and board str toon, but I never paid attention to weapons for casters.

Are there are major thread go-tos or do I just wing it like last time?

http://darksouls3.wikidot.com/equipmentgroup:barbed-straight-sword

http://darksouls3.wikidot.com/equipmentgroup:witch-s-locks

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Genocyber posted:

Anyone have a Twin Prince Soul they wouldn't mind giving/trading to me?

I can make you whatever weapon you want and trade that.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Genocyber posted:

If you're on PS4 (should have mentioned that) then that works.

Sorry I'm on PC.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
SO knowing what we know about armor what would be the "best" armor to put on?

Also what rings do I want for a straight sword build?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Babe Magnet posted:

I hope everyone who ever wonders why you can't "just punish their heals" sees this video because this fight would have been over a lot sooner if it wasn't trivial to just roll away and take a sip.

Chugging is the bane of PVP.

mastershakeman posted:

So it seems like the best way to me to try out different builds is to just make a knight and do the dancer glitch . Took me an hour the first time but now that I know how I could do it faster. However, as I'm on PC, is there a way to just make like 8 copies of that character to experiment with (pyro, sorc, pure str, etc)?

What is the dancer glitch?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Oh I found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFSsQsllPGg

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Castor Poe posted:

I give up, how do I cheese Nameless King?

If you're on PC and can at least dodge roll I can help you with it.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Tykero posted:

Armor: Whatever you like the look of most that doesn't put you over 70% weight.

Rings: Chloranthy, Hornet if you're doing any PvP. Choose any - Havel's, Ring of Favor, Life Ring, Estus Ring, Prisoner's Chain, Knight's/Hunter's Ring, ___ ___plate Ring (swap as needed), Ring of Steel Protection, Carthus Milk/Bloodring.

You can make a good argument for any of them (and really even more than that). Try several things and find what you prefer.

I highly recommend Chloranthy in every build, though. I like the Ring of Favor and Life Ring quite a bit too, but that's personal preference. More HP and Stamina is always good.

So how much extra damage do you take for using Prisoner's chain?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

turtlecrunch posted:

Pretty sure this also blocked summons so babies would still be whining.

It's 0 risk to just fight the invader, other then losing the ember. You should just fight them and have a good time.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

turtlecrunch posted:

Why did you quote me?

To reinforce how stupid the people are who whine about pvp in the game with pvp in it.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Jastiger posted:

Why do you assume I have an entourage or something? Often it's just me and some pvp dude invades and it's fine. I'm just saying it'd be cool to get a reward for winning.

I totally agree. They risk nothing and get everything.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

WoodrowSkillson posted:

eh its just annoying since normally its when im playing with a buddy. this game is actually a lot of fun to play co-op. you go around, talk about the cool settings, etc, its quite enjoyable. and then in the middle of it there is an invasion and its just a pain in the rear end.

im not a big dark souls player, and other than inertia from the prior games, i really don't see why there is not an arena type system in the game to facilitate pvp for the people that really want it. just plop an NPC by arena somewhere and let you queue into games.

I can respect that. Sadly there's no way to have one without the other. The only time I get pissed is when the invader just runs away for 5 hours. Other then that I just try have a good time with it.

I know goons will make fun of me but I will bow and try fight them 1v1. When they still run forever it just gets boring.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Fashion Souls

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

StashAugustine posted:

Everyone's complaining about invasions and I just want to be able to run it at a framerate acceptable for online play

More info would help. What are we working with here? There are a lot of little tweaks I could help you with if I knew your specs.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Jastiger posted:

A good idea I think.

Maybe not embers but how about a totally refilled everything. Full life, estus flasks, etc. Just something for triumphing over evil.

wow maybe you're not playing the same game as we are.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Anyone have a good guide on how parry works in this game?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
http://i.imgur.com/1OBbsra.gifv

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
how the gently caress do you kill the lothric knight with the massive shield and spear?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Section Z posted:

If you don't want to deal with kicks, or work out the timing. You know how everyone keeps going on about Straight Swords R1 Spam?

Most straight swords (and a few greatswords) have the "Stance" weapon art, which will basically ruin the poo poo of any NPC who shield tanks. Hope you like free ripostes.

Be careful with more aggressive enemies sporting shields, but ones like the Lothric Spear knights are basically free ripostes when they go into shield tank mode with stance art.

EDIT: Stance art has an R1 (underhand swing for guard breaks) and R2 attack (huge lunge thrust).

Oh wow this is highly effective, thanks.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Babe Magnet posted:

I might organize Goon Fight Club sometime soon, we all have to decide on a soul level and item upgrade level for it

+10 fist fight level 120

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
For the whiners about pvp in this game, this is basically who you are siding with:

He summoned 2 instantly when I invaded. I was able to kill his 2 protectors and then he cut the cord on me.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

poptart_fairy posted:

I just keep saying Git Gud to any hatemail, regardless of what they send me.

Yeah, It was my 3rd cord puller in a row so I got mad. I guess that means he won?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Simply Simon posted:

But what if I whine about people instantly summoning two protectors?

I don't care about that. I even said that but whatever. I'm mad he pulled his cord on me after I killed his 2 shields. I guess play the way you want but if you want easy mode play offline and only ever go online for boss doors.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Decrepus posted:

Are we steam friending people to whine to them? They have to friend accept you so you can whine? Lol

P sure he sent me the request.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

GulagDolls posted:

the bane of pvp is that fromsoft keeps hiring this guy to design everything related to multiplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEWmVC3Cikc

What the gently caress is this.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Someone told me this was good?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

voltcatfish posted:

wait there was a balance patch and they didn't nerf the dark sword?

lol if you think they are going to balance straight swords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Anyone have an opinion on what the "best" halberd might be?