Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I dont feel the endings were very good!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Am I the Furtive Pygmy?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsdy_rct6uo

My kinda boss theme!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Eonwe posted:

im trying to talk myself into buying dark souls III because now that I have a steam controller I feel like I could maybe one day beat this, where for dark souls 1 essentially I just got to the capra demon and stopped playing

Please stream the game if you get it, Eonwe. I beg of you.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cant have a fu-manchu what the gently caress

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ayyyy there he is! The Furtive Pygmy himself!!!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

TGLT posted:

I am happy to see the return of a classic souls enemy, fat guy who casts spells and has an incredible laugh. Is that a spoiler? I dunno, not in the first area, whatever.

Undead town or w/e? Was kinda dancing with the worshippers or w/e?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Its me, me. Pickle-pee.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Digging the "This elevator takes me to places it shouldnt!" joke from Onion-Knight.

...he is making one with his comments, right? A DS2 nod?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

There any trick to the bigass "I"VE GOT A 2 MAN SAW... BUT I'M A SINGLE MAN" lumberjack dudes in Undead town? Or just gotta take em slow?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

Aim for it's NUTS! Look how it looks like some dude doing a crab walk, and when you see the nutsack, you will never unsee it.

Its like a fat dude trying to give birth, and you're just wailing on some super-extended hemorrhoid. Its a great boss.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

You guys, I'm at work and I can't stop thinking about DS3.

I dont even own the game yet, I just watch friends stream and Youtube vids. And as I lay in bed last night, I briefly thought about how hosed the Pontiff boss fight is gonna be.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

Of all the things to be a huge baby about, this, this is the most asinine.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Why are human enemies so drat tall in DS3? :shrug:

All these fuckers are 10+ feet easy.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

NESguerilla posted:

What was going on in that pit under the bridge in the catacombs (you go there via smoldering lake) There were messages and blood stains everywhere saying "not a friend" etc. and blood stains but there was nothing there for me.

Quest line I missed maybe?

Horace I think was there.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Why are the Abyss watchers fighting each other constantly? You walk in on the dude getting stabbed, then there's more stabbing afoot. Is that some sort of "WE ARE DAMNED TO DO THIS FOREVER" deal?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Please unfix those spoilers.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

"Argh, he's throwin Kukris!"

"Argh gently caress another!"

"Argh poo poo, thats six now better drink a flask or engage the guy"

"gently caress he got me! The real dark souls starts here!!!"

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

EDIT: NM its the funky priest dudes blue sword

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 18, 2016

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

PVP is good, but needs more vocal emotes

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I dont get what "World of darkness" means within the context of the game though. Doesnt it mean you're just ending the cycles? So rather than reset with time, the setting is just turning-off period?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Tenzarin posted:

Just used cheat engine to give myself 9 million souls.

Youuuuuuuuuuu! :bahgawd:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

So final boss question; This HAS to be the player character from Dark Souls 1, right?

Yeah, thats the implication.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

the trick is to kill the one with diamonds in his pockets before you kill the one who wants to buy you rockets

if you kill him, your father will condone you, but if you kill me, your father will disown you

God drat :eyepop:

This joke must never die.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Apr 19, 2016

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

loving gold.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nuebot posted:

I really don't think it's Anri. You kind of stab a sword into her skull.

Its how they say "I love you" in Astoia.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I was scared of Old Ladies :ohdear:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I like the weird semi-Roleplayer groups who'll be there waiting in a circle when you come in as Invader. Then two of em point to the odd-man out, and he fights. Ya kill em, another steps in. Then the final one.

Its kinda weird, but just little impromptu fights like that are sweet and spice up already fun PVP. Dudes going out of their way for weird poo poo like that is cool.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

half the bonfires in DS3 are just boss rooms

Wonder if the devs ever considered Mimic Bonfires, or if that was just too dickish.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I dont understand why nobody went "No, Aldrich, no. You cannot eat people."

This could've been prevented

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

It goes against the whole game's style, but it'd be interesting to like... see the former Undead Settlement etc, or the Cathedral of the Deep during its heyday before poo poo went to hell and the world ended. Even if its just as a phantom or some weird time-jumping poo poo.

Seeing such gigantic structures defeated and empty is a design theme I guess, but still would be interesting as a reminder that poo poo used to be bustling.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Is Bleed a thing in PVE for the player? As in our weapons, can they inflict it if properly set up?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Health at every size

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

um wow oh uhhhh mods?????????

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I found the drowned city in DS1 to be really good, Dark Wraithes aside. It looked legitimately wet and every step sounded appropriate.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Linking the Poise vid to all my baby bitch friends who cant stand straight sword PVP. Shits fantastic.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

http://twitch.tv/distortion2

This guys been doing meme build Speedruns these last couple days and they've all been great

Any shirtless Banes with only masks and using melee?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

He had to homeward bone out of Yhorm because he didn't have enough ashen estus to kill him with just miracles yet, pretty funny

yeah, the gently caress was with those <200 dam hits at random :(

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

And now... dark sword run :shrug:

Seems like an alright dude though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Just hanging out at the Ritual Site of the Fire Inheriting.