Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Hey all,

I'll be streaming this game Tuesday Night at 10pm CST doing a Milk Shot Challenge.

I'm going into the game completely Blind.

-Everytime I die that's 2 shots of milk I drink.
-If I die consecutively without recovering my souls I have to drink 4 shots.
-If I get invaded and die that's 3 shots NPC or Player.
-Everytime I swear that's a shot.

Also I plan on giving away a free copy of the game for playstation 4 on Friday night. So tune in for sure if you want a shot at that and for some reason haven't ordered the game yet.

Twitch stream can be found here:
https://www.twitch.tv/sadvega/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I hope you keep a bucket nearby.

lol I fully intend to, I'm slightly terrified.

Arthil posted:

Just make it easier on yourself and buy two 5ths of whiskey or something man, geez.

I would, but I'm currently on medicine that taxes my liver so alcohol is a no go.

Rough Lobster posted:

That sounds awful, good luck on your vomit quest. Or congrats for your great calcium??

Gravelord Nito will be pleased at my super calcium power.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Ragnar34 posted:

The swearing rule alone will kill you. This is a snuff channel. You are running a snuff channel on Twitch.

Lol I swear so much I'm terrified. I'm going to try VERY HARD to not swear.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

voltcatfish posted:

green man gaming you're dropping the ball

but your discounts are so crrraazy I can forgive you. 20% off this poo poo. gently caress.

the spring20 code worked for getting 20% off it.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
For my milk stream I'm doing a dex sword build. I'm really terrified of boss fights as if they're like all other Dark souls games, having anything that isnt magic / hits hard is a bad time.

E:

Did they fix the word filter or does nig, Ho, rear end, get filtered still?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Game crashes if I have lighting on anything other than low on PC which sucks.

But other than that I'm loving it. Default faces look REALLY weird but i've done some creative work and managed to make them look not so weird. It looks like they wanted to go asian heavy oriented on faces but then backed out and instead of going english its like some weird hybrid between the two that looks not good at all.

Does anyone know if the name filter is still in the game? Will the dark souls 2 name checker work still or can I have Hobbes for a name without issue? Or will Knight still be K***ht

also if you want this game still and want it for PS4 i'm doing a giveaway friday at 11:59 CDT
https://gleam.io/competitions/uLd0E-ps4-dark-souls-raffle-giveaway

all you have to do is follow me on twitch for an entry. You can tweet me out every day too for an extra entry.

there are only 19 entrants so far (US only for winners) so you have good odds of winning.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

I AM BRAWW posted:

ty this fixed it

yeah it was a nightmare for me glad it fixed it for you too

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Despite them being weird uggos at the start you can do some decent work at making your own weird uggos.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Nuebot posted:

Did we play a different dark souls? The first dark souls was pretty linear unless you were one of those nerds who read the wiki and picked the master key as your starting gifts. Like, it always struck me as weird that people gave 2 so much poo poo for its map design when in Dark Souls you went to a burning city, took a left from a blacksmith and suddenly were in a cliffside forest. Go into a little cave and bam, you were in a sunken city.

even without the master key you can do catacombs and the forest still.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I like DS3 a lot but I don't like that i can't just go elsewhere besides always the same path to start :(

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

TaurusOxford posted:

You do get something out of it: the ability to wear way cooler armors. :v:

you also get better dodge and stam regen.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Daily reminder if you want this game for the ps4 and haven't bought it yet im giving away a copy on twitch tomorrow at midnight, US only, you can enter here: There are only 15 entries someone tried to scam 10 by making multi accounts lol.

https://gleam.io/competitions/uLd0E-ps4-dark-souls-raffle-giveaway

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Just found out how to get solaire's chestpiece :neckbeard:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'm starting to see players with "Knight", "Ho", "rear end", and "Nigga" in their names. How are they getting past the filter?

Not essentially all of those words in the same name at once but sometimes lol.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

NESguerilla posted:

There's no filter character names as far as I know.

oh there is i see people as K***ht sometimes or T**mas

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I've seen a decent number of names with asterisks in them, but I've also seen some blatant stuff that any remotely decent filter would catch, so I have no idea what the system is.

I'd wager you can edit it in the save file if you know the right stuff to change. But I'm not tinkering with that till a cheat editor is out that does it for you.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Tiger Millionaire posted:

Spent the morning purple broing and it owns owns owns

Why do people summon purple people? They seem the most pointless poo poo. You don't get exp for killing them or even an item.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

I need help.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Oxxidation posted:

You need to dress him in the Onion Knight garb immediately.

havent found it yet.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

You need a mod to give your character a Shrek voice.

I gave him the old voice so when he does a call he sounds annoyed and grainy kinda like shrek.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

8-Bit Scholar posted:

...well now I'm curious...where can I find this something else?

in my andre x ed fanfiction.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
fist weapons are extremely disappointing they do little to no poise damage.

If you cant stagger the poo poo out of someone who can stagger the poo poo out of you with a longer range whats the loving point?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

BobTheJanitor posted:

I never invaded anyone and he still gave me the quest to go get the uncracked one. :iiam:

edit:

Oh, well, mystery solved I guess :v:

same

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Is there any reason to not go rapier / any poke weapon in PVP? It seems that longest range always wins.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Summary of fist weapons,

1. Slow as gently caress
2. No poise damage.
3. No block / parry.
4. Useless in pvp.

RIP fist weapon Shrek.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Is there a point to armor in pvp? I just go in naked seeing as a bunny fart will stagger you.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Babe Magnet posted:

I wear armor so that it hurts less when I get hit

you only get hit if you wear armor though and dont have an estoc / dark sword.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
For my next run I'm going to be doing a Ranged only (no magic) build. So its gonna be bow crossbow and every throwing object I can get my hands on. I hope there are enough arrows to beat bosses :ohdear:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Did anyone ever figure out how people get Knight past the filter? I swear to god people are getting pas the filter on purpose while leaving other words censored I saw gently caress W**re earlier

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Sinbad my warrior from the far east.

Finally got his claws.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 15:06 on May 6, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Side Effects posted:

I got to Irithyll Valley and does anyone know what's up with the ghosts that show up when you reach certain points of the level? I can't figure out why they're there as all they seem to do is just walk forward.

pretty sure they're vort and the dancer's ghost's maybe tied to DLC later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
My Bow Only Run:

4 shots in a row 4 misses. :negative: