Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

DS 3 in 11 hours and I don't need to be at work until 88 hours from now :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Unlocking :getin:

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I did that. Do I have to grind poo poo to get the 20k souls for the key to progress??

Travel from the bonfire menu

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Game is gorgeous, and runs silky smooth at 1440p.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

El Golden Goose posted:

So what are the consensus best weapons available toward the start of the game? I'm trying to be a mixmax dweeb

I'm loving the Lucerne.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Found a sword that causes frostbite (slow) on hit. Game owns.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

The giant crabs are terrifying

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

What does Hollowing do? Should I bother reversing it?

Also, how do I get down to this area:

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Cobalt60 posted:

my firelink shrine bonfire says I haven't downloaded the game or something? What do i do

The PS4 version lets you play the tutorial area when the game is only partially downloaded. You need to wait until the rest is finished downloading.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Is there a ring like the Rusted Iron Ring from DS1? Because gently caress this poison swamp.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I am now a proper Sunbro

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Found a pope hat, GOTY.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Jose posted:

How do you get into the gorge near the dilapidated bridge bonfire? I've looked around and can't find a way down and it looks too far to fall

I've also ended up upgrading the starting longsword before i found the large club and titanite has been really rare. I'm still at +1 longsword/+2 club after the third boss

Buy the key from the lady in Firelink (the 1,500 soul one, not the 20k) and then explore the sewers underneath Undead Settlement

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

kanonvandekempen posted:

After more deaths to the first boss than I expected (serves me right for going with deprived), I got to the firelink shrine. How do I get out???

Teleport from the bonfire menu

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Jose posted:

I take it it only becomes available once I'm further in the game? Nobody at firelink has aonther key to sell

You have to give her an ash you find in Undead Settlement for her wares to change.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

il serpente cosmico posted:

Quick question about infusions: Do they only work on base weapons, or could I use a Sharpstone on a +5 Uchi to turn it into a Sharp Uchi? If I do this, will I lose any of the upgrade levels on it?

No, you won't lose upgrades if you infuse. They are completely independent, you will end up with a Sharp Uchi +5

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm trying to get to the sage.

From the Crucifixion Woods bonfire you can get to the boss only having to fight 2 enemies, and you can sprint past the rest. Jump in to the swamp to the left of the crab you can see from the bonfire. Sprint ahead and you'll see some stairs. Go up and enter the building and kill the enemy straight ahead of you. Go in the doorway he was in front of and follow the path to another enemy, kill him. Now turn right through the doorway and sprint through the room. The enemies will aggro and follow you but once you reach the fog door they can't follow you through.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Irithyll is such an amazing area, god drat.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Aldritch covenant owns, getting instant invasions, often 2v1

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Philthy posted:

Can you only summon two phantoms? I spent all night just helping people instead of playing for myself because im a sunbro at heart. The most I saw were myself and one other phantom summoned. Did they remove the ability to summon three or were everyone I was playing with for the three hours of co-op just being weird and not summoning the max?

Dried finger let's you summon 3 but increases chance of being invaded

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Harrow posted:

So, what's everyone's favorite weapon they've picked up so far?

I'm loving the Exile greatsword. It is fast and seems to stagger real well.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Frankston posted:

Is Pontiff's Left Eye broken? I'm getting no HP regeneration whatsoever, however much I attack.

The only time I noticed it doing anything was in the Deacons boss fight when I was hitting multiple enemies at once. It kept me at full health for most of the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Irithyll Dungeon is giving me serious Tower of Latria vibes, I love it. The enemies that lower your max health can gently caress right off tho.