Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Waldstein casually taking half the screen is still the best thing about his character design, glad they kept it in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Play Blazblue Cross Tag Battle so you can clown on people with the beefiest of men and the fastest of young ladies.

Also it has no less than 4 robot girls.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yeah it’s Nu, as she has a Penny Polendina colour scheme like all the other robot girls. Es doesn’t because her RWBY colour scheme is for Ruby Rose.

Some of the colours are fantastic. Gambit Gordeau, Pharah Nu, Ragna and Jin as Elsa and Anna, Merkava as Thing 1/2 from Doctor Seuss.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Also you can have a team of Azrael and Yang and combo one full screen super damage punch into a second full screen super damage punch to assert dominance.

You can even give them matching outfits because Azrael’s RWBY colour scheme is Yang.

The secret to Gordeau is that the reaper spin move is the most disgusting thing in the game. Especially because it’s his neutral assist.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

They also gave him a large number of Q’s moves but less garbage apparently.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

That G is terrible, he literally has the ability to eat projectiles and not one attempt was made.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I feel like that’d be an interesting idea for a fighting game tbh, everyone is a grappler and you basically can fight for control of the grapple with inputs.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

CRISPYBABY posted:

are you aware of the words 'regional pricing'

Any second now a very grumpy Australian is gonna chime in here.

Very grumpy Australian here and gently caress companies doing direct conversions on prices, especially if they then round up because of “shipping” costs even on online purchases.

Selling a game in another country should not be based on how much that game costs in USD, and the fact that I get repeatedly screwed by every game developer under the sun sucks. Especially because it happens even when the Australian Dollar is strong compared to the US Dollar because it’s not actually about conversion rates but squeezing as much money from foreign markets as possible.

The big one is when it’s a country where the money is weaker and people don’t have huge incomes domestically, it drastically reduces the number of potential buyers and online it shouldn’t matter at all because you aren’t making a physical game disc for an online sale. But part of that is on Steam being assholes around selling games some times. Ask about how they got fined 1 billion AU Dollars and nearly got fined a second time for their consumer practices.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Aug 22, 2018

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

markgreyam posted:

As someone in exactly the same (island continent) boat, this makes me exactly as angry.

This, however

appears to be curing all sorts of anger and pain, some I didn’t even know I had until it was gone.

I’m that guy who loves the trash anime fighters like Koihime and Blade Strangers. It’s me.

Also looking for DOA6 trailers brings up an awful lot of “REACTION” videos. I’d pay real world money converted straight from $US for an option to remove them appearing from my YT account/search results.

G'day Mate, glad to see a fellow Aussie Fightgames Player.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

It’s basically shareholder magic, nothing is actually changing they’re just saving face by appearing to make changes.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I will note, not as a defender of the scene, it is set in the past relative to the main game and the writing implies she is still trans and just hasn’t surgically transitioned yet in the writing. It doesn’t help how much of a hot topic this is and it’s all fan translations still. But my understanding is the ending doesn’t make her not trans, it just makes her not yet fully out about it.

Game is probably still a bit offensive about it though all things considered.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 16, 2019

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Fair enough, did find this by someone who claims to have played and finished the game but I’m not really dying on the hill of Catherine Full Body.

https://vitaparadisa.wordpress.com/2019/02/22/transphobic-mythbusting-catherine-full-body-leaks-and-rumors/

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Brought To You By posted:

Minor tangent, but Ancient Gear - Ultimate Pound is one of my favorite card arts in the game. Doesn't hurt that Ancient gears were my longtime main deck monsters until I quit.

It’s a pretty good art, pity the monster isn’t much better than the original Ancient Gear. To bring this back to fighting games anyone got some opinions on the bad looking Jump Force game and playing as Yugi?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

No it’s Venom.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Double Bill posted:

UNIST (or its next iteration) might make it to next year's lineup, but BBTAG is loving gone.

I’m not so sure about BBTAG being gone, it’s likely but also we are supposedly getting a second DLC series which might increase interest.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

All these people who dislike the president of the world disappoint me.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Blockhouse posted:

it's kind of funny they added a RWBY villain to BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle and instead of the main antagonist it's a glorified mid-boss

The only Villain more fun than Neo is her partner, Roman Torchwick. Who I’m hoping against hope is going to be a second RWBY character in this set.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Spanish Manlove posted:

Neo looks like she has the grossest mixup in the game once she gets on you.

That's basically correct from the show tbh.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Sep 22, 2019

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Dota's big tournament TI consistently is the biggest money event in esports. It's the

This is mostly because they crowdfund the money and people love that poo poo.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Firstborn posted:

They share some normals, but I think it's probably a red herring, or a Gill/Urien situation where maybe he is related to Q. He isn't Q, as far as I know Capcom hasn't come out and said so. There's a similar costume, and some moves look very similar. I'm honestly surprised at the restraint.

It's not just some normals, something like 60-80% of G's attacks are better/fuller/healthier versions of Q's attacks. This doesn't mean they're the same person but they're definitely related just from context clues in the fighting style.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I actually think BBTAG's DLC pricing was relatively fair at least on the original set. They sold the base game a good deal cheaper than other fighting games and the DLC was literally the same price as the base game for the same number of characters, with later DLC being a lot cheaper.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Shinji2015 posted:

I hate to say it, but Gill looks interesting for once.

He also sounds like Illidan Stormrage which is a hell of a thing to notice for me.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

The secret is to remember it is not the game that is horny, but the player.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Lemon-Lime posted:

Scooby would be the character and Shaggy the pet.

I mean if we're using Scooby Snax to activate the pet then clearly it's Velma as the character with Shaggy and Scoob as the pets.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I mean, I always liked the old PS2 One Piece Grand Battle/Adventure games but as noted they're old and no new ones have been made in over a decade.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

HerniaFlange posted:

Joker in MK11.
Okay.
He has, like, spring-loaded boxing gloves with brass knuckles, and a Bat man puppet with a gun inside. And a reference to Friendships in his Fatality. Just. It's dumb. MK's dumb.
I wish there was a way to somehow throw everyone's copies of a game into the trash simultaneously, even the downloaded ones.

Actually MK11 Joker clearly owns?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

If I had to guess, the relative success of BBTAG 2.0 has created a push towards big change patches alongside a costly influx of new characters. Simply because then even people who don’t want the new characters will still play to try the new changes, and maybe thus buy the cool new characters.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yardbomb posted:

Wagner players can eat a whole rear end.

Edit: And also choke on it.

Pretty sure they want to do that though?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Brought To You By posted:

Well they already established she has a longer reach and the first trailer had her get a faster startup on maybe standing light with more reach as well compared to Gran. Like you said, the name of the game is speed.

Edit: Really hoping that Soriz gets a significant damage reduction on his Unique action. With no invincible reversal I think that move is going to be his pseudo DP.

Yeah, I was watching it and the character design and it really seems like he'll be great or terrible based on how good his unique action is.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

No Wave posted:

There's lots of stuff in the world that isn't anime and there are a lot of advantages to not being anime. For example, not being social suicide.

Anime hasn’t been social suicide ever and you’re saying absolute nonsense. If you think liking Mortal Kombat is somehow cool you’re even weirder than I thought.

Especially because Anime isn’t a genre it’s a medium, because it literally just translates to animation.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

The Mortal Kombat character models look like they could be straight ouf of some real old school anime/manga like Fist of the North Star or Berserk. Or frankly, Dragon Ball Z.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

If you wanted to get really wild a 2v2 or 3v3 tag game where instead of tagging in and out it’s tagging between matchups could be interesting for online. So instead of downtime you and your partner tag to get better character matchups or access a few seconds of 2v1 or so on.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

It's nice, and with everything around Mike Z right now a good thing they're speaking up in support of the people leaving LabZero Games, but that doesn't change that Autumn did something real screwy with the Skullgirls IP right?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

All these people failing to recognise the glory of the President of the World.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

brand engager posted:

Yoshimitsu doesn't even know about sex

Pretty sure this is explicitly untrue of the Soul Calibur Yoshimitsu because he’s the ancestor of the Tekken Yoshimitsu.

To be fair, he might learn about it in the future relative to the time period of the games.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Gutcruncher posted:

Obviously the solution is when one player selects Kiryu, the other player is forced to pick a guy. It’s a real power move to just grey out all the opponents girls

Put in Goro Majima. It even fits with all the crossover characters being villains (and Noctis) so far.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Endorph posted:

Eh some One Piece characters are weirdly tall. All the admirals are like 10 feet tall. You could easily fudge the heights a bit though, most one piece games do that with Katakuri already. Though Pirate Warriors 4 didn't and, uh

lol

Pirate Warriors 4’s big selling point was getting to play as gigantic characters (notably Kaido and Big Mom) so of course it isn’t going to shrink Katakuri. Who should have more abs, I’m pretty sure he had a 16 or 18 pack in the art.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Gutcruncher posted:

Maybe I should rephrase.

“Get a job that isn’t reliant on the unlicensed use of intellectual property where at any second someone can decide to stop ignoring you and ruin you career”

I’m pretty sure they bought those games and should have every right to do whatever they want besides reproduce the game as a game and sell those copies. As they do not do that, merely record their own playing of the game, I see no reason for them to be beholden to ancient dinosaurs who think they lose money because people watch streamers play their game.

Especially when the opposite is true, it’s basically free advertisement. It’s very telling that even the most ridiculously draconian companies (Atlus comes to mind) don’t actually persecute because there is no point and they’d just be wasting their own time and money.

Also it is literally fair use to replicate video games for the purpose of criticism and commentary on it which is by and large what streaming is.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 19, 2020

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

chumbler posted:

I mean you can say all that but at the end of the day those ancient dinosaurs are still fully capable of pulling the plug regardless of their reasoning being idiotic.

Oh absolutely, which is why a lot of the small to mid tier streamers focus on independent games and the such, who do understand the value of literally free advertisement. So do the triple A companies for that matter seeing as they often provide big name streamers with press copies of their games.

I’m not gonna sit here and say that streaming is safe, but don’t act like it’s some absurd flash in the pan that is not a real job. Especially when you get stuff like Woolievs who spends literal hours working on his tech and making sure his streams go well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Nazzadan posted:

Things that make me hrony

-Dragunov WR2
-AK blue spark dupper
-Ganon's Warlock Punch
-Benimaru

-Azrael in BlazBlue Crosstag Battle. Specifically how satisfying his weak point mechanic is to use and especially the corner carry kick and chase he gets.
-Astral Finishes and Instant Kills in general.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 21, 2020