Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Large Testicles posted:

stephenson has never been able to write a successful ending to a book which is why i call him overrated. he has good ideas but he can never flesh them together into anything coherent. like even that dogshit Reamde, the virtual reality MMO he was describing at the time was amazing but then the rest of the book is about the lone hero killing Muslim terrorists

The MMO poo poo is actually really really embarrassing.

Anyway Anathem is his best book and is the one that actually has an ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Wasabi the J posted:

Sounds like you have swallowed your pride, choked on the rinds, and the lack thereof has left you empty inside.

It really should come as no surprise to you.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
What gets me is that a couple of the headpeni are uncut.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I like that it also details how lovely he was, even by the standards of cops.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Shoehead posted:

Something fashy about this one...

ftfy

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

History Comes Inside! posted:

That’s meant to be Goofy?

I figured it was a take on the classic Tex Avery wolf who pulls a bunch of wacky cartoon faces whenever there’s a sexy lady cartoon around.

deedee megadoodoo posted:

That’s exactly what it is. Pretty standard tattoo imagery.

I think it's supposed to be Goofy with some of the Tex Avery wolf influence to make it a little more lascivious. I say that because the other one was Mickey, and I think other than the ears it's just closer to Goof. Compare:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"I mean I definitely know what cabbage looks like, but I don't think I've ever heard of a "spider" before. How many legs do they have? Do you think 6? Okay yeah I can tattoo that."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

some plague rats posted:

Not sure it's ever going to work backwards, though. what's that pitchshifter song from like fuckin 1998 thats like "tattoos and piercings? That's for mom and dad! What you need is devil horn implants, designer tails, a third leg!"

As Seen on TV, from Deviant. A great album when I was in highschool that I am terrified to revisit.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah that's a bold statement from someone who isn't providing examples.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Thirteen Orphans posted:

If people want bad tattoos I feel like it’s not my place to judge as long as it’s not a dangerous or dirty process, but I just can’t wrap my head around what this tattoo fulfills. It’s not artistic, the letters are microscopic, what did the client want?

The client wanted a temporary tattoo and they got one; in about 5 years that thing will have blurred and faded to the point that it will have disappeared.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Musically speaking you're not wrong, but self-important Mormons are less hilariously dramatic than the Gallaghers.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Takes No Damage posted:

At first I was like 'huh cool at least they've got a Scarecrow reference in there, that's kind of a deep cut' but that's the sorting hat from Harry Potter isn't it :negative:

Better than a concert-long tantrum/meltdown?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9iMGLKfLpo

It looks like Lazlo's witch hat that has an rear end in a top hat from what we do in the shadows. But yeah it's probably Harry Potter.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's Cinderella's carriage.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My boys were tuxedos like her, had very similar nose markings. Miss those dudes. Keep the kitty up.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

BigFactory posted:

Uh oh, cartoon argument in the bad tattoo thread incoming

There is no argument. Bluey is great and that tattoo stinks. The end.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I've heard that before, as much of an insufferable dork as he is he's also a very very good DJ.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Also it's not a particularly good cover.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Pi isn't chaos though, it's a perfectly natural and predictable number! This tattoo is irrational!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The blood was fake but the crack was real.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
There have been allowances for some isolated Catholics who did not have access to fish but did have access to aquatic mammals that allows them to eat capybaras in one case, and beavers in another. Traditionally Catholics don't eat land animals on Fridays (I thought it was only during lent, but I guess for some hardliners it's every Friday).

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Shoehead posted:

This stopped mattering at some point too, btw. I think in the 80s. Now it's just Good Friday and maybe Ash Wednesday? I'd full expect Trad-Caths to be all in on it, they want everything to come back, speaking in latin, gettin' slapped in the face all of that.

Eh, we were moderate Catholics growing up (church on Sundays, try to give something up for lent, Sunday school but not parochial school) and we did no meat on Fridays during lent. I mean, Friday was normally pizza night anyway so we didn't normally eat meat on Fridays but it was a thing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Do you think he had to look around to get a shop to do that? Or would a reasonable tattoo artist be like "now that'd be a good story to tell later, hell yeah let's do it"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think they're quotation marks. I'd guess it's just the quote marks from a page in a book he loves.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah on the one hand that's not what fingerprints look like, on the other, they going to look like actual finger smudges in about a year.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Johnny Truant posted:

Who the gently caress is Brooklyn Beckham

He's a baby spice, buy not of Baby Spice.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I had to fill out a form recently that asked what the sex listed on my most recent birth certificate is.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Oh yeah, I just thought it was interesting how that changes it from being so chuddy

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
18 months later: "wow, why are the letters so smudgy?"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Qwertycoatl posted:

I felt like it was an ordinary bad tattoo until I got to the bottom and realised that Nicole is probably not yet old enough to get married

Do you mean legally or, like, they're young enough that it's not a great idea. If the former, I think the 'dad's approval' is just an old fashioned (conservative) getting dad's blessing sort of thing.

If you mean the latter, I can guarantee you whatever age they are it's not a great idea.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Its not like it sounds!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Takes No Damage posted:

^^^
Oops sniped it :(

The word COME is in black letters on top of the black gun. Took me a while to notice it as well.

That's because you're used to them faking it

GOTTEM

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's obviously sisyphus but I can't figure out if "shield" is a voice to text error like "a pill" because no one said it looks like a shield.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Sentient Data posted:

Because the point of posting it here was originally to change the subject of the thread back to something at least tattoo related and I don't have any other tattoo threads bookmarked

Here have this

I got this tattoo to commemorate 9/11 you jerk

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Wait is his cock out, and is that the only album cover tattoo where someone's cock is out?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Got it, wasn't familiar enough with the cock-like details on the cover and the tattoo is badly done.

I meant tattooed on that guy's body, which is covered in tattoos of extremely basic album covers.

edit abbey road but they're all hanging brain would be a pretty incredible tattoo

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He is pathologically incapable of being happy about his body, that's why he looks like that.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I mean it didn't seem to hurt him too bad, he lived to at least 17 while feral.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He's a guy who likes kid rock and he's happy his daughter also likes kid rock.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

New Chat Pile album looking good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

That tattoo next to it definitely says "death to america," doesn't it?