Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd be down to GFM some cash to get DICK to Ohio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Where do I mail my jar of change to help fund this?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We need a third goon to follow them as support and to document this entire thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Have you guys picked a route to take back to Florida once it's running?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Ah. Yeah that would make engine transport quite a but easier then. Get a small enough ride and you can just haul it back to Florida :v:

Build ramps and put it in the bed!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's got a loving patio.

I want to pay someone to drive that around while I sit out back in a lawn chair drinking highballs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Any idea on a timetable yet? Depending on when you guys get rolling I kind of want to meet up and convoy with you guys for a few hundred miles.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

I'm trying to shoot for late September or so, but right now it might change, since the company I work for changed it's blackout dates for vacation. I'm trying to shoot for about 2 weeks around then.
Yaaaaay working HVAC in Florida!

In other news, I emailed AND texted the guy about the engine, and he still has yet to respond. Come on guy, get it together!

And in further other news, I went to Harbor Freight today to buy an engine stand and promptly got reminded why I rarely shop there.
They had 3 people running the whole store, and one person working the cash register. On old lady was buying stuff, and for EVERY. SINGLE. ITEM. she had to open up her coupon catalogue, and say that X was on sale, or that she was being charged too much, or something else dumb. Finally they opened up another register, and it IMMEDIATELY got taken up by some old guy complaining that everyone was ignoring him, and he needed the staff to fetch some items for him. By the time they opened up a third register and I got checked out the old lady was STILL at the first register complaining that whatever she was buying was $1.50 instead of $1.00 or whatever.

Jaysus loving Christ.

Well I'd be willing to drive a reasonable distance and play follow car for a while if you guys will have me!

And yeah, HF can suck a lot these days. They restaffed the entire store here so there's no more coupon cheating for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HOLY loving VAN

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want to quit my life and come sit in a field with you guys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So you guys are leaving cleanup for 14" and that's it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

djdanno13 posted:

Just wanted to mention that all this is being done by Sims and a really really good friend of his. I've been busy with work and haven't put a wrench on this thing, just been cheering from the sidelines.

Edit: I was going to say haven't put a hand on it but that's my goofy rear end running behind the truck as we pushed it down a hill.

So 14" gets that fastback right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

djdanno13 posted:

Let's just say if 14 gets that car running he will be handsomely rewarded.

Oh my god we have to get him there right the gently caress now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This this will be done by the time 14" gets there at this pace.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
14" is gonna have this poo poo running in like two weeks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So what does 14 have to do to wrest the VW out of your possession?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Also what are the chances of him finding work locally?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So who's got the next project that Dave can spearhead?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

Pretty sure Danno's got enough to keep Dave busy for quite some time there.

I'm cool with that but I like the idea of Dave embarking on these epic quests back and forth across the country righting automotive wrongs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Danno I'm a city rear end white boy and smoking out the crack of the glass outer door because there was an animal on tour roof that was probably cat sized likely a raccoon or possum and I'm too afraid to go outside because I'm drunk as fuxk and autocorrect has helped me show my shake to the world and I am so so sorry but I'm scared

I read this as "I smoke crack."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

poo poo is so dead

Salvage the wheel and make one of these

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I finally get up to shower and oh so delicately my glasses go tink and snap in two

Just glue the lenses to your eyes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

As Nero Danced posted:

Well, you've already burned one car to the ground, maybe another won't hurt.

There's a LOT of cars in the vicinity.

Don't give him ideas.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's so angry that you left her behind but imagine the nuzzling upon your triumphant return.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I want to go on time stamp record that although I expect to sleep tonight I am still feeling the tail effects of that tweaker energy shot 18 loving hours ago and feel like it has to fall afoul of somesort of analogue act somewhere

Your next poo poo is probably gonna be something special.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Terrorizing small town Nebraska.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
YES

YES

YES

YES

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

This is really happening! I know it is too early to be planning new 14 adventures but I'm kinda sorta planning new 14 adventures over here

I have been saying he should just travel the land righting the automotive wrongs!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hmmmm. A boat.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Or you could set fires to stay warm while wiring outside.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Always wire inside, and use a heat gun lit cigarette instead of a lighter when you do the heat shrink.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

Nice, that'll keep the grass fires under control

Sounds like a challenge if I ever heard one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was 76 here in NE Indiana today. I put a good hour in the Miata with the top down just because November is half over and what the gently caress is going on. Supposed to snow on Saturday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Incredible. Thank you all for allowing me to be part of this story. Its really brought my life back and I can't put a price on how much that means to me

Keep going man, I feel like there's something amazing waiting for you at the end of this journey.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

WHAT'S THE THE BOX ENVELOPE?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The motor turns? Send that video to Chrysler, maybe you'll get a free Jeep?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fire fixes everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

Yeeeeeah...Having spoken to Dave it's probably best to wait to see what Dan's reaction is here.

Uh oh.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's gonna kick you out the second he gets home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Eat This Glob posted:

I live dead east of Valentine, but across the boarder in Iowa. Just taking the dogs outside this morning had my hands burning. Keep fighting the good fight 14, but stay warm goddammit.

Why are you not there helping?

• Locked thread