Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

When did they change the graphics for shield ships getting hit with stuff? I actually have a real shield around my spaceship that absorbs space lasers and missles and stuff AND ITS AWESOME, HOLY poo poo. Does the armor damage effect change as you run a repper, because if so HOLY poo poo THAT IS AWESOME TOO. CCP is a good video game company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I forget which patch specifically but it was this year.

If you do damage to the armor & structure, the ship will show damage on it like in this picture.

It's also based on the positional damage that your ships hit the ship at (though you can't control that, that's just the game doing its thing).

Yeah, I know. I'm even running missions fully zoomed in to enjoy the new effects. Its amazing and adds some much needed immersion in what otherwise becomes a somewhat boring grind.

VideoGames posted:

Please remember to link me pgs recruitment threads and history and such of your corporation if you want them listed in the first post!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3773617

The Greater Goon: Retards Welcome

A Brief Orientation Video

Are you really stupid and also hate people telling you what to do all the time? Do you like picking on the smallest kid at the pool to compensate for the fact that your dad hates you and your girlfriend cheats on you? Do you like haunted houses?

Then follow the path of poverty to Syndicate, spiritual home of the mystic Groon, for whom the psychic auras of more than a dozen people in fleet at once are confusing and befuddling. The aforementioned video will tell you all of what you need to know. No sov bullshit, just fly around in small gangs, explode space ships and get high on teamspeak. No one expects more of you than that, because we all know deep down that you'd just disappoint us.

How to Join the Juggernot
Join "groonhelp" in game when you can't figure out how to auth.

Here you go.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Differing ways of rendering the skins. Serenity uses the old style of skins.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Zephyrine, your posting in this thread has always been p. good and you seem like a good person. Have fun doing whatever new space things await you. Or just join groon. We desperately need a competent JF pilot. Malks gonna burn out again and we'll just be stuck with tim! :cry:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

https://zkillboard.com/br/75731/

Also, groon are the superior goon elite peeveepee option in new eden. ten year old characters with a minimum 150m skillpoints and at least 4 titans only please.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Join groon, were not even sure what an api is. Its like a fruit, right?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Were you fighting I-RED?

E: I-RED dead :rip: M.O.W. too, how many groups are still left from 7 years ago?

Alot of I-Red wound up merging into 404, who we're now blue to. They've chilled alot and fly some actual fun brawling comps with us and we get access to the suba pipe for pve stuff. Its all good times.

Pretty much all the old groups from even 2-3 years ago moved out or died due to syndicate being a content desert. Rote is still alive and shooting stuff in querious though.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Hey ullerm, wanna help me think up some wyvern fits for being dumb in syndicate? Because right now I keep getting distracted making nano hels that outrun armor battleship fleets whenever I try.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

https://zkillboard.com/related/31000647/201605120100/

Groon teamed up with hole violence and lazerhawks to poop on some random wormhole nerds citadel and got some bonus carrier kills. It was all really pretty and the cerb is still one of my favorite ships. Raata sunset skin is really the best.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he's talking to me there dude, and afaik he's linked poo poo in jabber not on reddit

Ask him if he has darius's fists across the universe thing from when he was kicking groon. I need it for... reasons.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

What's the deal with Groon? What happened for them to now be our bitter exes?

How are we bitter exes? I'm confused. :(

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Dalael posted:

I'm confused too. I said that thing in reference to this post here:

So I don't know.

Oh, that was the post darius ALLCAPS made when groon was kicked from GSF years ago. There was also some terrible talk on TS between some GSF directors about fists across the universe coming to smash groon or something. It used to be on our wiki, but its dead now. I wish I could find it, its somewhat relevant now and amusing to listen to.

I kinda thought this was about pusk resetting ya'll a few months back and was gonna do some "Its not you, its us." "We just need some time to rediscover ourselves and focus on groon." "I think we need to take a break" posting.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

abigserve posted:

It was in nullsec, a proteus started following us around, I jumped a gate and without a prop mod (only MJD) I couldn't burn back to gate so I decided to just go for it, he lit a cyno and three carriers later, rip https://zkillboard.com/kill/53969117/

Was still a remarkably good fight, the golem was tanking the first two carriers easily but it's when the third landed I started really dying. The real thing that made the loss hurt (because it was a cheap golem all things considered) was I had the proteus into deep structure, and he was the only one stopping me from mjding, when I hit a reload cycle. But in retrospect the carriers would have melted me as soon as I dropped out of bastion anyway.

Heh, all 3 of those carrier pilots are ex-groon. They learned their finely honed blap carrier skills on the mean streets of syndicate, no shame dying to them.

EDIT: As I posted this, sven popped into groon TS. Apparently Vic and Aya were having issues with their fighters. You did make vic very concerned about losing his proteus though.

rip groon's main draw

Join groon, Shoot SMA, Never worry about your alliance reblueing FCON.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 08:06 on May 14, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Every ship in eve is good at something, just sometimes that something is dying horribly.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

hello half of those posts are mine and im there win or lose

tbh, there is alot of smugging. Then again it was a good ol' fashioned dunking, so its well deserved. Careful, you might suddenly have people thinking you're a respectable pvp entity soon!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Jegan Ace posted:

This thread: MBC is dying/dead/cracks showing & Our strategy is just as planned
/r/eve: Goons luv2club/never undock & Declaration of victory by TEST

Guess I'll just have to wait ten years for the next Andrew Groen "Empire of Eve Vol.10" book to actually uncover what the loving poo poo is going on in this "War".

Also, can someone give me pointers on how to run an effective gatecamp, I've never done one before and it seems like a space-fishing.

I'm not in a group on either side, but the truth seems to lie somewhere in between. The various remaining MBC groups are squating in the Imperium lands up north after booting them out. They are largely declaring victory and trying to get settled in to make it a new home. PL and NC. are sitting with their supers and titans meaning they currently can win any escalation.

GSF are in saranen and using it as a base to strike back against the various alliances with a number of different strategies and fleets. They're using swordfleets and clownshoes to contest sov while using stratios blopsing to attack ratters and cane fleets to suicide into valuable objectives like enemy cap sleets.

The remanents of the mbc are now faced with the prospect of fighting a defensive war with the same sov mechanics against pissed off hordes of imperium players doing the exact type of warfare they have shown to excell at again and again over their history. In short, GSF is in a hard spot, but its far from a new situation for them. The next few month should honestly prove interesting. If GSF can keep up their growing momentum, they'll be able to take back a ton of territory.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Proving that the groon PVP juggernot is alive and well, we went to solitude to dunk on some nerds. It went ok.

We were waiting to drop on a lowsec citadel and kinda went all in when we saw the fax machine and weren't thinking about having dreads on standby, so as people died, they reshipped into triage and dreads, then burned them across syndicate unscouted to get into jump range. Because gently caress you, try and stop us.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Groon now holds more sov than GSF. Please contact a diplo to discuss rental rates. :toot:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

-Troika- posted:

We don't want him :colbert:

Groon doesn't want him either. :colbert:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Wormholes are excellent for small groups of higher sp pilots looking for something different. Nullsec is a ton more inclusive and can have newbies come out on their first day.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Reverand maynard posted:

did ccp do anything at all

No.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Join groon, die hilariously in syndicate today!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Repackage it and put it in a hanger until ccp actually makes it a skin. Aka, never.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Tbh, attacking a citadel tied to a citadel when you're just getting a chance to get your feet on solid ground seems like a bad idea for gsf.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Have you tried opening your sockets?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

hmm this is a very weak attempt at insulting me please don't bother trying again

The only thing worse than your posting is your rancid nerd musk.

(Am I doing this correctly? I'm bad at being mean.)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Car companies do hire race car drivers to help tune suspension setups on their sports cars, so really what you're saying is ccp is a competant company. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Mandozer is a good and funny poster and has been since I first ran across him in cybernations over a decade ago and I refuse to hear otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

ullerrm posted:

Kinda like bacterial cultures :v:

Also, another super dies to 10ly temporarily-invincible heavy-neuting pseudo-HICs. But this time it wasn't a Goon super, so people are offended and emo on the reddits about it.

Holy poo poo thats loving retarded. Good to see ccp is still dumber than their players.

• Locked thread