Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Glory of Arioch posted:

i lost a rapier recently :negative:

im bad at pvp

also i didn't file for reimbursement, far beneath my station

I have rarely filed for reimbursement. Even when i was in NC the only thing i really asked for when lost like T3's, or capitals. Maybe a hictor or two.

I wld rather someone who needs it use the SRP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

Killmail is better. Killmail goes in your pocket. A titan has to be hauled back home and needs a sitter.

Pretty much the case in most alliances. I don't want to be the FC that denies a titan kill.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah this may come as a shock but 99% of goons don't play eve.

This is an accurate statistic.

Yet there are those in eve who act like....its the only thing that matters in life.

SA is by far the best forums I've ever been a part of and i have had some awesome gaming moments with goons...that *shock* were not in eve.

justsharkbait fucked around with this message at 11:51 on May 2, 2016

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Glory of Arioch posted:

wait are you trying to imply that spaceships arent the only thing that matters in life???? :prepop:

:stonk:

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

I made a point to keep all my industry skills in. Your skills are part of your history. Also pulling out 500.000 to insert 150.000 seemed like a waste anyway.

This is sort of how I feel. My skills are a part of my character so I just don't want to put pull a bunch out to only get a small return. Even selling them seems like a waste.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Remember this is just a drat video game and nothing in it matters once CCP pulls the plug on this dead gay game. Don't wreck friendships over a dead gay game, just don't.

Sometimes it is good to be reminded of this. One day, the game will shut down and then it is really history. The aftermath will be you still have your friends.

I try to put my RL friends who play first over internet spaceships and sometimes it is just good to remember what is important.

At the same time, though, this is a game and games are supposed to be fun. If i am not having fun playing in groups my friends are in it can lead to some interesting choices.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

Sorry, but mustard has to be green or it makes me ill. But yeah, mustard is great for salami and sausages, like ketchup is for chicken and mayonnaise for fries. :colbert:

Mayonnaise on fries is where its at. And drat it now i want mustard and salami. :(

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Oodles posted:

Following on from my miner ganking question.

What would be better (or have better results?), 3 gank catalysts or a solo Astero?

I'm trying to figure out a fun way to cause grief. However seeing 3 from the same Corp pop into local might be more off-putting that just one.

I personally like gank catalysts. Side note, its like the only time you will ever fly a catalysts. lol.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

awesomecopter posted:

I've seen PH using a few catalysts to try and kill Clownshoe Nereus, since they are the cheapest DPS option to break that passive tank.

They can DPS quite good that is for sure.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

JESUS CHRIST IT'S SO CUTE

awwwwww...:tipshat:

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Kimsemus was pretty great in the RUST Goons group. Our ghetto town in the rocks was a thing of beauty :smith:

ghetto goon town was amazing. The raiding murder parties of death were fun too.

Landsknecht posted:

this game is way better when you don't take it too seriously

Is though? Is it really??

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Orange Red Bull posted:

literally hitler

i thought the panfam was all about fun and content whats all this security business

Spai!

but seriously...no matter how much crap people talk about "didn't want that ~whatever~ anyway" no noboby likes losing poo poo to spy activity, unhappy directors, etc.

Full APIs for a group that has as many assets as they do is not a surprise. Its one thing if some random scrub alliance requires it. It is annoying though, sure.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Xolve posted:

It depends on where you fall in PanFam I'd say.

It's pretty minimal for Horde/Waffles and strict for PL. For a number of reasons, doctrine shifts (cruise missile 5 comes to mind as a required train by date), access to POSes, routing obvious spies, asset inventory (who borrowed the corp JF and hasn't returned it) etc.

Pretty sure all 3 follow the golden rule (If you leak, you're gone).

Actually forgot about all the actual POSITIVE benefits of having the API. I remember in NC when Vince would use the api data to plan doctrines as well.

Overall full api, its not that big a deal. Even from a "privacy" issue because groups at the top of the food chain don't really care what your alts are doing, they just want to know. Its much better to be like, "yeah we know he has an alt in hostile alliance, so?" versus "he has a what where and its not in the API tool???" Brings up a lot more questions.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

Solo pvp is tricky until your brain figures out what to do and how to adjust to it if you're used to fleet vs fleet pvp. I had a blast trying to get footage for my video application for the Amarr Championship. Flew around in Punishers & Tormentors in FW space and surprisingly did well but died to many times before I got used to it.

Solo and small gang pvp continues to be my favorite times in this game. As much as i love the politics, meta, and fleet fights as that is the driving force behind what makes this game so interesting to me--when i actually "play" EVE i solo pvp and roam with a few friends. Its a blast and one of the best experiences you can have actually inside the game, IMO.

justsharkbait fucked around with this message at 13:45 on May 9, 2016

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer
But wouldn't that kill Shield completely in the game?

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

i'm about to make it great again

But you can't build a wall in space.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Hubbl3 posted:

Also: That are very impressive numbers for NC/PL :eyepop:

Yeah. You never know with those two what numbers they get. But usually all it takes is someone saying caps to kill and everyone logs in.

Looked like an interesting fight was nice to see fresh content of that type.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Orange Red Bull posted:

pretty sure those numbers were inflated a bit by multiboxing supers/subs and whatnot

Actually I would say that most of those numbers are from that. It is just the matter of doing something important enough to get people to want to log in alts.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

hi

can I get un-blacklisted yet?

thanks and god bless

Also somehow just because I know you I got blacklisted too, which makes me sad b/c i wld join back up.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

tickets to the gunt show posted:

I love how Xolve avails himself of every conceivable opportunity to be unlikable.

I imagine returning to NCdot is probably off the table for you now, so that doesn't help. Although you're one of a very small number of people who could conceivably say Goons are assholes and not just be eating poo poo.

Not only is it not an option but this happened:

NCdot kicked out a friend that me and kim both know just because I asked to get back in with him as vouch. Then they went even further and told the corp I wanted to join basically, "we aren't going to tell you how to run your corp but if you let either of them back in we will black list your corp from all ops and kick them from every fleet". Then went on about gently caress goons and blah blah blah. Then i tried to get back in Goonwaffe to exact my revenge on NC and their lovely attitudes, but after leaving Goonwaffe due to taking a break from EVE (I was never kicked ) i find i am blacklisted for basically no reason. However that still is nothing compared to my distaste for how NC treats people after 6 years in this game of playing with them or friendly to them over goons for reasons i don't even know why anymore. FML.

So yeah. #freeus

Thanks.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

i think what rubs me the wrong way is that kim never actually offers any reason why anyone would benefit from having him in: theres nobody who is like "you know who i want in, kim, he's great", its just an endless recitation that he deserves to be in, it is unjust to fail to let him in, whine whine whine, how dare we not let him in, whine whine whine

like, i look at kim's posting in this thread and, like, even if i assumed that he shouldn't have been banned, i would conclude it was a happy accident that shouldn't be reversed

and that is without even knowing about a year long campaign to get into a goon star citizen guild, lawl, i can't even describe how many things are wrong with that

Since when is Goonwaffe about what you bring to a table. It is a space guild in a space game who membership requirement is to be somewhat active on SA. But if you are talking about your logic then his posts are way more amusing then yours so that's a benefit. But even by the ACTUAL standards that exist he is a great benefit because is active in the goon community as a whole, and is simply not being let in goonwaffe b/c people who have power in a video games think its real power. maybe. probably.

Then i am stuck just because I know him. So explain that?

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

Yeah but y'all were not that, you guys came over from ~traditional enemy~ NCdot. Sorry that you get the extra suspicion treatment, but that's what has happened throughout time to turncoats. You either prove yourself indispensable & enthusiastically loyal to your new masters, or you keep your head down so they never have reason to notice you.

Yes we were though. I mean that is flat out wrong. We were both members of SA long before we decided to join goons in EVE.

Just because we did not play with goons in EVE at the time doesn't mean we didn't qualify. The only people who gave us extra suspicion was NC who strongly disliked the fact we wrote for TMC.

The main reason i wanted to leave was because the goon hate got really old. They knew i was a SA member and writer for TMC and I got nothing but poo poo about it. SO to then join up to goonwaffe to have the kim stuff go down, then get blacklisted myself despite not being a part of the situation or involved is bullshit.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

4th Horseman posted:

Why do you want to rejoin an org that treated you like that

Orange Red Bull posted:

because other orgs treat their members worse

Also its not the org.

Its a very few people who abused their power for personal reasons.

GSF has always treated me fine. Outside of GSF/Imperium and a few low sec alliances, groups in EVE treat their members horribly because they take this game too seriously.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

then why don't they play eve with their goonfleet friends, or have them join their good lowsec alliances

this problem is trivially solvable without having to even interact with the terrible leadership of goonswarm federation

evilweasel posted:

heres my question, if those friends are so important that kim simply must play eve with them

uh

why is nobody going "you know who i want in goonswarm? kim, thats who, free kim"

literally the strongest defense anyone offers is "well, uh, not that i know the guy at all maybe he shouldn't have gotten kicked"

So is there something wrong with the fact we want to play with goonswarm over other groups in this game?

Like i don't even know why you would ask "why don't you play with someone else". We want to play with goonswarm, as we have for a while. We have tried other groups but they aren't goons.

Its like someone being mad that their order at McDonalds was wrong and some random employee saying "well you cld eat at Wendys" and then some random manager says "well you ate at Wendys before so must not be loyal to McDonalds so we are not going to right the OBVIOUS wrong for reasons that have nothing to do with the matter at hand".

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Numismancer posted:

I think there's an assumption that goonfuckers get banned by 'random people in the directorate'. The directorate has no such power; these bannings are done and examples are made through yours truly when they go beyond the remit of the ~Director of Goonfucker Affairs~ Innominate.

I banned Kimsemus and JustSharkbait when the toxic drama bullshit level reached a pitch that I was fed up with it and it revealed he didn't belong among us. Angelique loudly betrayed us and has now vomited forth a bunch of reasons why she should be allowed to return, and is waiting in the antechamber for the winds of my whims to change. Perhaps she will wait forever, perhaps not.

Those who betray our guys are my absolute and utter lowest priority. The reason you guys want back in is that our little space-gang is in fact a people, and you've been exiled from that people for drat good reasons, and now you've realized that there's nothing like Goonswarm anywhere in gaming. That tells me not that you deserve mercy or sympathy; it tells me that we have done a fine job of defending and protecting our guys from bullshit and that we're light-years beyond the garbage random publord orgs in everything that matters.

Goonswarm and the Imperium as a whole are an empire of outlaws; that's why in the 'Eve is a lot like the Breakfast Club' analogies we are always the drug-dealing delinquent smoking behind the gym. We are not the popular kids; we're more like a biker gang or a mafia family. Our heroes are scammers, silver-tongued diplomats, and spies. Our closest allies have always been rather shady Russians. In the old CFC the ally our people despised the most was FCON - because they were the earnest preppie no-scamming, no-ganking straights. To us, honor among thieves matters - which is why there's nothing lower in our society than a goonfucker, where the common Eve-playing pubbies forgive and forget and backstab one another and think nothing of it, with no consequences.

With us things are different. We do not answer your pleas because we are a 'disconnected directorate' who don't know who you are as 'random innocent victims randomly banned'. We don't answer you because I pulled the trigger on your exile and ban and you don't deserve a reply, except when you get to the point of whining about the directors and implying that they somehow were responsible for the justice I so gladly dispense. You don't get or deserve due process because you're not one of us.

Our people.
Our rules.
Our way.

:commissar:

Here's a tilde ~ now settle in for a long wait in the queue for me to feel a twinge of sympathy for the bullshit of the past few pages.

That still does not answer why I am banned because i had nothing to do with any of that.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i like the part where getting into goonwaffe is more important to you than being friends with kimsemus

I was asking a question i want answered, what's wrong with that?

facultas posted:

From what I remember, Kimsemus sponsored you into gsf. When he got banned, so did you. Unless it has changed, standard policy is to ban everyone sponsored by someone if the sponsor gets banned, or to ban a sponsor if someone they've sponsored gets banned. It's why getting sponsored into waffe tends to be so rare.

No. We both had active SA accounts and met the requirements on our own. We just both came in together.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

facultas posted:

Pretty sure he's saying that rules exist and that the rules apply to everyone. For example, if I hosed goons myself, none of the stuff I did over the years would matter. There's no access or cool kids exceptions, the rules are crystal clear, as are the consequences for breaking them.

Why do you keep saying goon hosed? We didn't goon gently caress.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

MysteriousThing posted:

Pandemic Legion has a highly complex social caste system based on popularity and branding. While having a largely ad-hock leadership structure they still manage stability due to what amounts to a social contract. It's not unlike a clique in high school or fraternity. At the PL dinner each table is it's own social tier and who sits next to who is fussed over due to the social implications thereof.

Their rules~ are based more on social mores than on actual policy or behavior.

that is surprisingly good description of it.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

adhering strictly to the letter of space guild rules only applies to some people, apparently. i think its hilarious that everyone itt tries to poo poo on pl about their cliques and highschool drama as a justification for it. its the same poo poo for goons, lmao. the only difference is that pl is open about it.

this chili doesnt have beans and i feel slightly upset about this. its still delicious though. i hope my posting inspires you to make your own chili or at least purchase some, (not in a can) namaste

No beans? isn't that the whole point of chili? Also not making chili, but i am making rice.

Also out of all the groups who try the pl way, only pl has done it for most of the game's history which makes it interesting.

justsharkbait fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 12, 2016

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Never let this guy in. No beans in chili snipe!

:bang:

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

4th Horseman posted:

Jesus I'm all for you being freed cuz of fishing treaty nonsense, but this right here is retarded. Is it so hard for to stop bleating about your rights to be in GSF that you can't stop giving attitude to the one guy who is considering your fate?

'Let me back into your space guild, btw you're an idiot.'

I think he is just frustrated TBH. This has been going on for a long time and that post didn't sound like he was considering anything, hence the frustration.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

He posted exactly like that about the star citizen group he was trying to join too. The 'space court' thing started with him being all legalistic about getting into goonrathi.

(I am not and never was in goonrathi, never bought star citizen, just followed the threads for comedy value and recognized the name. Until recently I thought the incessant badgering to get into a goonguild for a stillborn game was a weird troll. Evidently not.)

I don't really see the issue though. If someone is upset b/c they are banned from a group for silly reasons why should they not fight it if they want in?

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

because it happened two years ago and anyone reasonable would have just moved on with their life in that amount of time

We all sit around computers and play games and talk on a $10 forum.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous posted:

There are genuinely people I believe to be toxic leader types: Booda from old TEST, Montolio, Lex Arson... I don't think the GSF directorate at it's worst could trump those assholes.

I talked to Montolio and Booda long ago. They seemed OK at first but kind of lost it when the pressure got great but I don't think they were toxic, from my perspective. I was never in their group or leadership so I don't really know how bad it got. But still i think your statement in general is correct. WHICH, is the very reason we want back in. Because despite issues with certain leadership we like the org as a whole and want to be part of it.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

andromache posted:

I feel like many of the people in this thread are fishing for reactions from certain people. At this point, I think this thread would benefit from a pact among all active participants to avoid baiting the mentally vulnerable amongst our viewership.

This was amazing. lol.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Booda completely lost it dude. He lives entirely through a string of bitter posts.

I thought it was him who lost it. I could not remember though. It was kind of sad to see, because TEST had a lot of potential under him and Montolio but the pressure was real.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer
Kim you gently caress. :flame:

You go apologize to the nice Mittani.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Ynglaur posted:

:shobon:

For Kimsemus and Sharkbaitwhatever: I don't know either of you, but permit me to give you some advice. If you want back into GSF--for which you were allegedly banned for creating too much drama--the best means to do so is unlikely to include nailing yourself to a cross on these forums and railing about the injustice of your ban. Here's the thing: you've done a pretty good job explaining why your bans were probably unjustified. Here's the problem: nobody gives a poo poo.

If your goal is truly to join GSF, the justice or injustice of your banning doesn't really matter. This isn't a case of, "If only the other person acknowledges a set of facts, then I win." You're trying to convince another human being to do something, and human beings--Dear Leader included--make most decisions emotionally. To wit: they are far less interested in some bullshit drama in Archeage, and far more interested in how much drama you are likely to cause. The immediate past being a reasonable shortcut to predict the immediate future, their conclusion can lead to only one thing.

If you were serious about rejoining GSF, the best approach would have been to quietly send a note to Dear Leader, explain the situation, and ask if he might reconsider sometime in the future. You don't need to bow or scrape or give verbal fallatio: just approach it like one person asking another person for a favor.

Anyways, good luck!

That is how I handle situations. But i don't think that is the goon thing to do, and Kim is well...Kim...so.

justsharkbait fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 12, 2016

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Orange Red Bull posted:

i heard they are big on watching movies together on mumble

friendship goals.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

Orange Red Bull posted:

But hey its all about gudfites and content right?

Have fun with your 6 hours of 10% tidi tomorrow

:ccp:

I am actually debating going. Like, it will just be a horrible soul-sucking tidi fest...but dat kill mail doe....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer
I don't think anyone really expected a fight. Some were hopeful but mainly we are just shooting the massive amounts of bombers here.

• Locked thread