Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

last week I went on a DBRB fleet against my better judgement, since I only had a half hour of free time before I had to be somewhere else, but it was actually quite fun. I tried to SRP fraud my Hurricane but instead started a fight that we won easily, then I just handed my cane off to the one guy that died.

has he figured out how to use swords yet? The last DBRB sword op I went on, he tried to fight 200 TEST gank interceptors with 100 fast-align interceptors. Didn't go well.

He's been getting pretty good at it. Lyris has as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

I mean, the exit was relatively classy (though it's pretty marred by throwing in vague accusations that are going to be redditbait) but if you're going to a hostile alliance you're probably going on the blacklist. Now, blacklist entries can be removed if the situation warrants it, but anyone who went to a hostile alliance, even on the best of terms, you want to have that extra step at a bare minimum that requires sitting down and thinking it over.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

I feel as if that part should be highlighted with a disclaimer when you submit APIs....

if you don't know that everything and everyone in eve that asks for an api stores the information for its creator idk what to tell you

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

really this whole clutching pearls thing over the blacklist is dumb because, uh, while i had nothing against angelique now that she's hauling for phorde of loving course we're going to add her known characters to the list of known horde hauling alts, which is the only list here that actually matters instead of the blacklist

i don't think anyone had bothered to do that but now that i've thought of it i'm going to make sure it's done. i mean, they're now hostile logistics, blowing the poo poo out of them is a very important part of the game now so, uh, why on earth would anyone think we would then keep that info secret

i know there are going to be dj level dumdums who think it's some sort of retaliation and ~so mad~, but i think even xolve would realize that was dumb

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

It wasn't trolling. Someone got banned for, iirc, excessively posting criticisms and it took people saying how stupid it was on SA to get that reversed. Maybe it was Jokine, I don't know peoples non-SA names. Regardless it is also pretty silly to use "you criticized leadership" as an excuse to blacklist someone who left, like Deadtear already pointed out. Whoever did that is a petty baby :shrug:.

"someone, i think, maybe got banned for something that makes me right, i don't know who"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cravius posted:

i think hes talking about jokine getting banned for negrepping that twr post

jokine had characters in a hostile alliance, oss (a founding part of the mbc)

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

cravius posted:

Wasn't this way before BOS got kicked?

his characters in there date back that long but when he got kicked it was hostile

edit: guess my memory is slightly off, given what deadtear posted

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zasze posted:

Im pretty sure every single member of bat that went to PL isnt black listed and they literally just did that though i can double check that it seems a weird line to draw in the sand thats all.

i would expect anyone coming direct from pl, including bat guys, would get a good deal of additional scrutiny before getting accepted given that they are even more hostile than horde

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

why are these threads always the most angsty and bitter

perhaps its the agnsty ex goons popping into a food discussion to whine

im going to go with that

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

":truegoons: only allowed in this thread." - Evilweasel, 2016

see, literally every bitter or angsty post on this page is you or ordo

my suggestion is, if you don't want bitter or angsty posts, don't make them

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

Except even under their TOS they'd get a warning first before being outright denied the service they paid for.

Delimiter are dumb, TEST are dumb, you are dumb, we are all dumb.

"excuse me, you have to warn us before terminating our account for committing crimes with it" are you insane

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

jesus christ ubi you're a moron for taking dhd at face value

quote:

You agree that any of the below activities are considered prohibited usage and could result in immediate account suspension or cancellation without a refund and the possibility that Delimiter USA will impose fees, and/or pursue civil remedies without providing advance notice.

Other Activities viewed as Illegal or Harmful: Engaging in illegal activities or engaging in activities harmful to the operations of Delimiter USA or the customer

you only get a warning if you're using too much of their resources, not if you're committing a crime:

quote:

Misuse of System Resources: Misuse of system resources, including but not limited to employing programs that consume excessive CPU time (outside of allotted CPU usage), network capacity, disk I/O (input/output) or storage space. You will be given a warning before suspension for misuse of resources occurs.

https://www.delimiter.com/terms-conditions/

why on earth did you think it was a good idea to repost something dhd said as fact without researching it

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mpaarating posted:

Oh ya, there loads of rib flavored ones, but the boiled ones don't exist.

Please don't exist

all it takes is a pot of water and some heat

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Goatman Sacks posted:

Looks like PL took EC- today - based off of dotlan and my ping history, I'm guessing the timeline went "goonswarm dragged its feet on getting the station, PL dropped triage FAX on the nodes with T3 support, DBRB thought it would be a good idea to try to DPS race the FAXes against the T3s in bombers, someone told him he was insane, and we tried impromtu mass ECM against the FAXes, which proved semi-effective but way too late"?

The bombers were a good idea but the faxes have a crazy tank, they had the new capital asbs.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4hzuqv/itl_person_and_gsol_nerd_quits_tmc_goons_to_join/

Damnit Rhea I will never forgive you for this.

Steal the GSOL stuff if you want to make a stand and make isk but don't steal the line members things.

i especially like how stealing couriers from your private jump freighter service the directorate isn't involved in proves how incompetent the directorate is :v:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

He got into GSOL too so we both inherit this mess.

he didn't manage to steal anything from gsol though

in his post on reddit hes like "lol the dumb directorate didn't even notice i was stealing couriers" well no duh, it's not our shipping service

im not like blaming you for it, it's that the logic is crazypants

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

vyst posted:

I'll never understand why people nobody gives a poo poo about do AMAs.

hoping that someone finally gives a poo poo about them, obviously

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Siets posted:

I was tooling around on Sisi in C5 wormholes this morning and kept seeing Naglfar after Naglfar. I started chatting up one of the testers and he said that they figured out how to solo capital escalated C5 sites with Naglfars. They just have a couple buddies warp to the site to trigger the escalation and then they warp off while the Naglfar solos it. They can even blap the frigates all by themselves as long as they have a web fitted.

:stare:

Soooo yeah. C5 residents are about to get Rich. As. gently caress.

I thought they'd just nerfed capital escalations. I guess not hard enough!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

vyst posted:

My successes with my many contributions to eve online and goonswarm would disagree with you!

i will miss joking that i don't know which of you is which

(and occasionally genuinely loving it up when im tired :v: )

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mpaarating posted:

It doesn't not mean the people at the top are incompetent either since its completely unrelated.

oh sure, doesn't prove we're not drooling idiots either

though that he didn't manage to steal any gsol stuff suggests at least those guys are on the ball even if the rest of us can barely put our pants on

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hubbl3 posted:

Why are people leaving GSF because whatever always making stupid posts on reddit?

because reddit will give anyone 15m of fame if they do

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

vyst is good people and did a lot of thankless stuff behind the scenes, most of the people who do a lot of good stuff would be unknown to random idiots outside the alliance

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

kismeteer your post wasn't worth posting once, let alone reposting because an entire page had passed

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bloodspike posted:

I had actually stepped back from GSOL at about the same time I decided to leave. At one point, just for kicks, I did a tally of how much I could steal while in GSOL and I think it was ballpark 200b. While not crippling by any means, it would have been a bit of a dent. I was quoted 2T in assets evacced from Dek.
I don't think I could have been stopped too soon either, especially during said evac.

no good way to secure assets during an evac though, the choice is not to trust people and have the stuff trapped or trust people and risk them stealing some (and fortunately kismeteer's temper tantrum reminded us to secure the stuff that had no need to be generally accessible). i think if you were stealing during the evac though you'd have been caught (at least, were you stealing from the evacced stuff) since we were looking at the assets moved and would notice if it dropped

and for gsol to work people doing it need access to stuff, in that case security isnt free since increased security causes higher workload, more burnout, more general friction, so generally speaking its set up so that yeah, a gsol guy goes rouge he can steal some stuff but it's better to have that happen every so often than have poo poo so locked down people burn out

either way though, just lawl at your "my thieving from the small corp of people that trusted me means that the gsf directorate is incompetent" i mean, at least we know who runs itl

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nessin posted:

While I'm bored at work and have some free time I'm kind of curious about something. I know if I asked on the GF.com forums I'd never get a real answer and I'm kind of curious if I can get a PL perspective here as well.

So one thing Mittani has said, both in the previous fireside chat and in a couple fleets he's talked to in Mumble (at least that I've been on) that we'd start having posted ops again. Now I know that isn't going to apply for everything because you don't want the other side knowing exactly what timers are going to be contested, but what about poo poo like EC- or 93P? I get one of the talking points is the enemy doesn't look at DOTLAN but I hope no one sincerely starts believing that because it's a bad idea to be hurfing your own farts and that's what it comes off as when I log in one day and see 93P has flipped with no mention of it anywhere.

I can even respect that we may not form up for it all, but at least throw a notice that "Here is an op because PL is trying to flip 93P so we'll form up at this time to see what we've got and what they're going to bring. Probably going to stand down and laugh at them for forming a huge force in response, which we'll blue ball, to this notice and then take it back once they get tired and gently caress off a few months down the road." Everyone wins, you get the line members involved in the game without deceiving them up front, you get the chance to possible ninja defend it if the MBC decides it's a joke and ignores it, and you're not coming off as lying and/or incompetent on your campaign promises. Instead we get the exact opposite. And then yesterday I see one of the caps ping only to find out it's because of EC- flipping and the exact same poo poo is going on.

As long as we're outnumbered, posted ops means that the other side hurfs and either smugs about forcing us to stand down, or has a fun fight. It's not that the enemy doesn't look at dotlan, it's that there's a constant string of things coming out of reinforcement and some of them the other side contests, some they don't. We'll decide what to contest based on what they're doing, we don't want the reverse happening. Posted ops will basically mean that we no longer think that we'll automatically be outnumbered if both sides hurf it up.

I mean, to turn it around: what benefit is it to goons to post ops that we may not do? We don't want anyone planning on an op that may not happen, and that's a lot worse for us than for PL/NC planning on countering an op and then us not doing it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bloodspike posted:

Not saying gsol sec is bad, all you said about that is true.

As for the incompetence thing, I'd expect anyone that leaves, especially mid war, to have alts kicked and access removed. The fact that I still had full access to forums/jabber and all alts untouched a day after people started being vey suspicious of me, though.... That doesn't sound exactly competent.

an individual awoxer isn't that much risk, and neither is a line guy leaking jabber/forums/etc (because anyone who matters probably has spies that are doing this), so it's not a high priority to boot alts of people leaving. if we notice it, we'll probably do that, but in the middle of a war there's a lot more important things to focus on. now, if anyone heard you were leaving and didn't strip roles, that would be an oops - but usually, someone with roles who was leaving and planning on stealing would steal first and then mention they were leaving, it's pretty uncommon to do it the other way around

and we don't boot people from the alliance/corp based on bare suspicion, usually - we'll strip roles from suspicious people but the value of booting suspicious people and every so often being right is way lower than the damage caused by having a witch-hunt mentality

i mean, if we were using supers so there was anything to awox, maybe that would be a different story, but the war situation helpfully means we don't have to worry about that!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nessin posted:

I understand all of that. The problem is I've heard it, multiple times, straight from Mittani, that it's going to happen. I fully understand the reasoning of why we're not doing it, but if we're not doing it why am I being told to look for it? And if I'm being told to look for it, why isn't it actually happening for poo poo like that?

I'll ask him once he's active today. My guess, and this is a guess, is that what he wants to do is start having posted ops for people who want posted ops - not hurf over an timer or the like, but "we will do a swordfleet at X time today and do whatever seems like a good idea at the time", and he keeps forgetting to get it done since other things pop up. The problem with a war like this is because there's so many moving parts, it's easy for something you know you should do and have been meaning to do to get lost. For example, it took me over a week between realizing "oh, I should put up an S-Mart thread for our moongoo in case anyone wants some" to posting the thread, and that took all of five minutes to do once I actually got around to doing it.

It's clearly important if you're mentioning it's a problem for you (since if it bothers one person enough to chime up about it it's usually bothering a lot more who didn't) so I'll prod him about it to get it worked on today.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

The idea being that when I left due in large part to the Alliances "shady poo poo" then people would simply draw from the already vast pools of "shady poo poo" that was public knowledge. I have no idea why members of the leadership would be the ones still doing the most pushing in this thread 3 days later.

If it's an accusation worth making, then it's an accusation worth making rather than vaguely alluding to unspecified crimes by unspecified people. If you don't want to stand behind the accusation, then don't make it. People are annoyed precisely because of what you're saying here: that reddit would fill in your accusation with whatever nonsense they currently believe. So you get all the fun of slinging mud, but none of the possibility of people calling you on it if it's not correct.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nessin posted:

I'm pretty sure most people don't care, at least via casual conversations in fleets and on mumble so I wouldn't worry about it. And I enjoy flying in GSF despite my ranting. It's also entirely possible I'm spending too much time working myself up about stupid stuff out of game and not just playing the game.

No, like, this is one of the problems we've had that is why we created elysium and try to make an effort on it - it's not always clear to us what's a problem for people, what's not working, what information isn't getting out that should get out, etc. It's an area we haven't been doing as well in as we should, and are making an effort to fix it.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

dabigredboat posted:

Oh man this thread just got active lately. Seeing zephrine get all up in arms about what directors did makes me kind of laugh. She is the same person that demanded strategic logistics go through her and only her because she said so. But hey, not getting any love from a drama thread on gsf or reddit, go post on SA maybe that will work.

to be fair it was more she told gsol that we require gsol to always use the lowest bidder instead of whoever they feel is best

you can imagine my surprise when told that i'd implemented such a policy

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

I then offered that ITL would do the fuel contracts for less than the Alliance was paying at the moment. On top of that I would personally make sure they were all delivered within 48 hours of the contract being posted. And if we failed to met that timer then we would repay the reward for the contract on top of delivering the cargo.

I was refused with the reason that Char Mendar had been doing fuel contracts for a very long time and GSOL didn't want to drop him. I was then accused of trying to run a monopoly and warned to not bring up the issue of fuel contracts again.

i saw the logs, and that's not accurate: you told gsol that we required them to accept the low bid

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Endie posted:

Hey d-boat there is a slight difference between ingame disagreements and out-of-game smear campaigns.

endie one of the the things in the xander logs that got leaked because you were dumb enough to use him as your patsy had you smearing sion personally because you were mad at him using details of his personal life you got from tsc

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Endie posted:

Oh, here we go again. You manage to assert in that statement that I was stupid to talk to xander (I was) because he leaked and also that he was my patsy, suggesting that I wanted him to leak (if you believe that I also have some conspiracies involving the masons and Rosicrucians and shocking new proof that 9/11 was an inside job). Also venting to one person who has promised (however insincerely, as it turns out) that the conversation is private is not a smear campaign in any sane definition of the job. Indiscreet, perhaps. Regrettable, looking back? Certainly. But not a "smear campaign".

endie i've been in the same channels as you for years, i know full well the rule that "if you dont know who endie is 'privately' talking poo poo to everyone about behind their back, it's you"

you weren't intending xander leak that it was you leaking details of sion's personal life to make him look bad, you were just trying to trash him generally to anyone who would listen but not repeat that you had said it in the usual way. it was a lovely thing to do, and i'm sure there were many other conversations where similar things got brought up that just weren't with a tremendous idiot who put it all on pastebin, and your only regret is that you got caught and not that you were a shithole to the guy personally and then try to preach that it's actually everyone else who is an rear end in a top hat

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

dragonstalking posted:

This is what happens when you don't actually play the same game as the rest of your members.

i know you're being an idiot but you've blundered into your correct answer of the day: too much is going on in eve to do the same thing as everyone else is. Most people are directors because they like a specific area and do a lot in that specific area, so you can be somewhat blinkered. For example I wasn't great about making ratting space a priority initially this war because I haven't ratted or really needed to worry about isk in a long time, so it doesn't have the sort of emphasis in my mind that makes me remember it's actually important. There's things I know intellectually are important, but because they're not important to me they're easy to forget.

Or, because I know the overall war strategy and know why we're doing things, it will not occur to me that someone on the outside looking in may think something is dumb or pointless or counterproductive because they don't have the complete picture (and the flip side: that I may be inured to people thinking something is dumb because they don't have the full picture that I miss when they're right and I'm wrong). I don't have the time to go on strat fleets so I don't know as much about that area of the game either.

So it's important to know all of those gaps in what I know and what I will instinctively pay attention to, and work to counteract them. And that's because my experience isn't everyones, and I need to actually pay attention to how it's different and not just generalize from how I play the game.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

I'm going to be the guy throwing poop against the wall a little bit here, but imo our leadership has been disconnected since 2013, and it's being seen in the number of defections. Like it or not the fact that the ex-mouthpiece of our organization is vehemently against what we are now is troubling as gently caress to a line goon. Continuing to demonize the likes of him and for that matter kismeteer for gently caress ups real or perceived does a ton of damage to our credibility as an organization. Especially if we take the current situation into view and see much greater mismanagement is directly responsible for the situation we are in.

The only reason I'm sticking around is literally because of the friends I have on the inside and that goons as a nullsec power is fundamentally an idea that is important to me. Basically I'm here for GSF. You guys as a whole have a perceptions issue you absolutely must get a handle on, and that's going to require some real talk and not a hurfy fireside chat.

My view on Endie is exceedingly negative and has been well before he left and has very little to do with the fact he's gone. I generally try to keep it out of the thread, but I have very little positive to say about him and I'm very glad he's gone. I do realize that it's not a good look for us and that people aren't going to share my view. My view of that however is it's more the result of earlier mistakes than a current symptom, but I'll try to keep my personal disdain for him out of the thread. There's other people who have left that I'm sad are gone, but that is part of the game and most people on the other side don't particularly bother me. Vily, for example, has been FCing a lot against us and I don't really have anything bad to say about him. I don't even know who most of the people on the other side are who aren't ex-goons, really, besides a few of the PL guys. There are, of course, the terrible, terrible posters on the other side but aside from Gen EVE and DHD most of the leaders aren't atrocious posters.

I think a good chunk of your analysis is correct. The fact we're in this situation means that we've hosed many things up, and need to figure out not only what we hosed up but how to fix it. There are some things though that muddle it a bit and it's easy to miss what the fuckup was. One big thing is, to a certain degree, our power was always an illusion: if the rest of eve teamed up on us there wasn't much we could do about it for most of the time we've been around. What went wrong is that divide and conquer stopped working and we exposed enough weakness for people to finally be willing to coordinate enough to take us down. That's how Fountain worked: we had trouble beating PL/NC/TEST all at once, but once we made working with test miserable we could split up the group and then beat just TEST.

One big gently caress-up is mine: we realized when Somer went down how much isk those gambling sites were pulling in, but didn't do a good enough job getting ours up and running and then let it sort of collapse, while not cozing up to the one that took Somer's place. That was a major strategic error and is mostly on my head. It's dumb as hell that gambling sites are so strategically powerful, but that's the game we're in and I should have done a better job securing it. We had enough money (and still do, fortunately) - but we, like, have to budget and can't go "sure, have 300b to inconvenience our enemies for a week". Not realizing the key differences between reddit and regular forums, and not realizing that not getting enough of a reddit presence early on would make getting our message out there impossible if we didn't have a friendly mod, was another major one. We know how to push our message through a lot of places, but now that it's moved to Reddit that's become a problem because Reddit, by design, has a strong tendency to echo chamber and the echo isn't ours. You can't really push an unpopular message through force of will and posting like you can in a forum: it self-moderates it out.

There are a lot of "ivory tower" style fuckups as well, and people are right to point those out and that's something that is a focus, needs to stay a focus, and if you think it's happening, feel free to poke me about it.

dragonstalking posted:

Without agreeing or disagreeing with what you're all doing, it's really not hard to figure out the possible angles you guys are working on; it's not rocket science.

It's not - provided you've spent a lot of time figuring out how fozziesov works, which a guy who joined up 6 months ago probably hasn't. Assuming what's obvious to you is obvious to everyone is a pretty big problem. I don't think that any of our enemies can't puzzle out what's going on, but people who haven't played the game for years don't have all the random knowledge that people who have take for granted.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nessin posted:

I understand all of that. The problem is I've heard it, multiple times, straight from Mittani, that it's going to happen. I fully understand the reasoning of why we're not doing it, but if we're not doing it why am I being told to look for it? And if I'm being told to look for it, why isn't it actually happening for poo poo like that?

Got an answer. Turns out I was wrong: basically, the plan was to start posting regular ops to hack hostile space. However, hostiles copied our idea of moving all vulnerabilities to ghost time, so that plan got scrapped because there's not good times to post for hacking fleets.

Is there a particular benefit for you in having ops posted, instead of broadcasts for swordfleets/standingfleets/oppressionfleets when they're being assembled?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Orange Red Bull posted:

Given what you know of GSF and the overarching strategy for this thing the rest of eve keep trying to call a war, where do you see GSF in 6 months time? One year?

With fozziesov, I don't think we can be kept out of Deklein. Our enemies smashed a lot of our poo poo, smashed our aura of invincibility, and I think that got them a lot of what they're looking for. I don't think that enough people want to live there and play fozziesov tug of war to keep us out over the long term because ultimately it's just not that much fun without the overarching "victory in deklein" thing. But we certainly can't hold the amount of space we had before, which means us and our allies will be packed into less space. From there, we're no longer unchallenged kings of eve, but we have a lot of people we don't like who we can go make miserable (though we probably can't evict them from their space long-term because it's just not sustainable in fozziesov).

I believe someone from PL (jeffraider?) said something to that effect as well, that they're not interested in living there longterm and figure we'll get back Dek at least, but then threaten they'll come farm us if we get to big. I'm sure they'll come back if they're bored and they think they'd win again, so we'll have to work on ways to deal with that (if by keeping everything in lowsec, or finding a way to deal with a supercap fleet).

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

I never found out if the differing chip numbers meant anything.

There were plans to make the collections matter but those never got implemented.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

andromache posted:

I've always found these gambling sites to be a cancer in most games - whether it's CS:GO, Dota, or Eve and I wish gaming companies would take a stronger stance on them instead of snuggling up for their own teat, but I recognize it is a lot of money.

If the company still wants that money, then just create the gambling platform and own it themselves, ban any third parties.

And yes, while the goods traded on the gambling site aren't real money, the goods and in-game currency translate into a lot of real money for the game developers.

I would much rather they be out of the game entirely, it's not good that the most powerful thing you can control in eve is entirely unattackable in game. But a decade of experience with CCP says the best way to get something bad for the game banned is to abuse it ourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Orange Red Bull posted:

Im sure ccp did an internal cost-benefit analysis a long time ago with these gamble lords and decided they are worth keeping around until the uproar gets too big.

No doubt. And while it's the sort of thing that's really obviously dumb, there's not going to be a sort of general uproar until it's no longer a partisan thing (either IWI gets bored and wanders off, or we have our own).

• Locked thread