Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Holy poo poo, that's almost hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Recoome posted:

Also GST on online purchases. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Time to get my suppliers to mark stuff as "gifts" then

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

God I hope Labor win the next Federal election just to see how stumped the News Corpse editors and journos will be, just like in the previous Victorian State Election. The Herald Sun still hasn't recovered from that election.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Oh great a 50+day election campaign kill me now

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ewe2 posted:

Death of the actor
Kinda disappointed when I scanned the news website and found nothing about a dead actor

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

As I have mentioned previously, I hope Labor wins so the Tele goes in to full meltdown mode, like the Herald Sun when Daniel Andrews won the Victorian state election

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Get on my level.

Does your clock radio play "Workers of the World, Unite!" as your alarm?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Negligent posted:

whats a clock radio

This is a clock radio. All the benefits of a radio, as well as having a clock in it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

hahahhaah apparently the DLP has split yet again? John Madigan splitting off to form the John Madigan Party

I thought that happened a while ago. And wasn't the Motoring Enthusiast Party upset with Ricky Muir and was going to dis-endorse him? Looks like his popularity has changed their minds

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Skellybones posted:

It was very brave of them to voice this opinion publicly in spite of those lefties on Twitter

quote:

Caroline Marcus is a journalist with A Current Affair
They hire journalists on ACA these days?

SynthOrange posted:

Lmao Dennis Jensen is going independent.

Can't wait for the fan fiction

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

The way they treated that man who asked the question is disgusting. Who was that asshat who said he doesn't pay tax?

The head of the Business Council

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I don't know which headline is more funny, the Albo one or Roger Rogerson saying he is a victim. Probably both cancel one another out.

Anidav posted:

A crowdfunding campaign to "buy Duncan Storrar a toaster" has raised more than its $6,000 target after the Aussie battler became a social media sensation for his appearance on Q&A on Monday night.

There was an outpouring of support on social media with tweets including the hashtag #IstandwithDuncan and #DuncanforPM.

The Buy Duncan Storrar a Toaster crowdfunding campaign on GoFundMe was created by user Samuel Slammer Fawcett on Tuesday with a goal of $6,000.

"Hey — Duncan seems like a good bloke and every little bit of cash goes a long way," the campaign states.

"We reckon he deserves a bit of a helping hand so we've decided to buy him a new toaster.

"6 grand oughtta (sic) cover it. And if he has a little bit left over, maybe he can take his kids to the movies or something."

In the early hours of Wednesday, it had raised almost $8,000 with more than 360 donations made in eight hours.

Late on Tuesday night Mr Fawcett shared a campaign update: "Hey toaster lovers. Grab yourselves a piece of toast and watch this tick over 6K! By the time you read this we will probably have hit the goal."
Dunno, I never really like one of charities like this. We shouldn't need to do stunts like his, Duncan and other lower income people shouldn't be penalised or put down because "they don't pay enough tax". And sure as poo poo shouldn't have to need to explain their situation to clueless politicians who have no idea what people are going through.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

With articles like this, this is going to be a very poorly covered election campaign, with the press gallery putting in the least amount of effort possible

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Looks like 7 Eleven are being a pack of dodgy fucks. Sacking the independent review that was looking over the conditions and pay of their workers, just so they can find out the names of the workers (which was supposed to be confidential) who have spoken against the company and also minimise the pay out franchisees have to give their workers.

Fucks. Alan Fels is politely tearing the 7 Eleven management a new one on 730 at the moment

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Wikileaks and the Sex Party are libertarians.

Yesterday's Wonk the Vote confused me a bit, as I know the Sex Party are Libertarians, but the Wonky lads didn't know.

Anyone still laughing over Bernadi being put second on the Liberal Senate ballot? Maybe he should start that Conservative Party he has always wanted to do, but never had the balls

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ScreamingLlama posted:

Not sure interlocks would really be all that effective though. What's to stop someone with tech skills from just bypassing the interlock once it's installed?
A co worker had one on his car and it is pretty tamper proof. Supposedly the unit goes nuts even if the car battery goes flat. You have to get the car towed to a mechanic who is registered to work on vehicles with the interlock to get it to re-active the car.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Brick Dust Otis posted:

Yeah, they're similar to immobilisers. Carchat: Immobilisers are cool as poo poo because you get to plug some dope rear end datastripes into your car. Discuss.

You can also do the same with the OBDII port in most cars built since the mid 90s

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Brick Dust Otis posted:

I don't know poo poo about cars. What's the OBDII port?

On Board Diagnostic Port:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-board_diagnostics#OBD-II

Used to work out what's going wrong with your car, usually from fault codes logged by the car's computer. You can get bluetooth adapters that plug into that port which you can do a read out on Android and Apple phones

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ewwww, a puff piece on Sophie Mirabella on 730 :barf:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Yeah but it's just her complaining that everyone is stabbing her in the back.

Yeah, it didn't show her in a good light in the end. Turned the TV off as soon as Kate Carnell showed her child killing face on 730 however

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Jumpingmanjim posted:

hahahaha this reference will never stop being funny.

Don't know about funny, Carnell should be a national disgrace and the business group that hires her should be equally shamed. Disgusting piece of Tory garbage, who has a long list of offences.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Daniel Andrews has posted up the letters he has got from homophobic people about his support for the Safe Schools program:

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/arts-and-culture/woah-dan-andrews-showed-us-the-hectic-icky-homopho/db9bc15b-594b-4e73-a5d4-47e96b3f0d99.htm

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...517-goxhj1.html

Refugees are illiterate, but they would take your jobs anyway, and they would also be unemployed while taking your jobs.

I'm surprised Dutton is pulling that card so early into the election campaign. The Liberals must be really worried about the polls.

All I can hope for is an illiterate refugee takes his job

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Senor Tron posted:

So what happens if the Coalition gets a reduced majority in the reps but ends up with a hostile senate? Turnbull wouldn't last long surely.

I think Turnbull's goose is cooked if that is the situation, as the DD would've backfired then.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I guess the only pollie worth voting for now is Ricky Muir.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

So what was her sentence?

God this is starting to feel like the Dock Workers situation from the late 90s.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Looks like the Liberals candidate for Fremantle, Sherry Sufi, has imploded big time.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Negligent posted:

This is what I love about the auspol thread, the Labor party offices get raided by police and it's the Liberal party that have questions to answer.

:allears:

That's what I hate about this thread, you coming in like a mindless contrarian shithead who happily glosses over the facts which might point against your unsubstantiated views.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

I am a good person and poster.

ABC Fact Check is gone so you can't check that statement.

We have your post history as evidence against that statement

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Reminder once again that Victoria is the best state in this shitheap of a country:

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/may/23/victoria-to-become-first-government-to-apologise-for-gay-convictions

Daniel Andrews to apologise for all Victorians convicted under laws against homosexuality pre-1981 (the laws were abolished in that year)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Kat Delacour posted:

We noticed this morning during Cormann's presser that he doesn't really blink, but at the end of every answer he scrunches his face together for emphasis. Lizard man confirmed.

Or a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. One of the reject models in Cormann's case, supposed to be a janitor at Skynet.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yep, it's time for a Communist Regime in Australia. Democracy has failed gravely

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SynthOrange posted:

A second Victorian police officer who was caught on camera kicking a (handcuffed, partially naked) woman in custody defends her actions before an anti-corruption inquiry, saying she was trying to "get her attention".

Leading Senior Constable Nicole Munro conceded she kicked the 51-year-old woman, who was later discovered to be a fellow police officer with the force's professional standards unit, but said it was not malicious.

"It was a case of trying to get her attention," Leading Senior Constable Munro told the Independent Broad-Based Anti-Corruption Commission (IBAC).

"[I was] trying to get her to calm down."

Oooooooh boy

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Trapezium Dave posted:

Wait when was Angry Anderson running for the Senate?

I really haven't been paying attention.

Probably with One Nation or a similar party/platform, as he has fairly right wing views on things

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

katlington posted:

I thought angry anderson had an epiphany on go back to where you came from or something? I remember him blaming the media for tricking him into xenophobia

Really? That's interesting. He always seems to show his face at anti-immigration rallies on the TV

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

NEWSFLASH: I'm a migrant and I agree with Peter Dutton.

Sadly this seems to be the case for most immigrants who have been able to get into the country without being turfed out almost instantaneously "I got in legally, gently caress the others who came here illegally"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cartoon posted:

I suspect this was too subtle for Auspol.
I got it

Brick Dust Otis posted:

loving god its unbelieveable how much poo poo telstra is involved in. i'm vomiting.

Have you called Telstra Healthcare to find out why you are vomiting?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Maybe, just maybe, it's because your loving Liberal mates screwing over manufacturing you dog loving piece of poo poo.

Just maybe.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Zenithe posted:

Right, so the man who was elected as the member for burnouts and throwing kangaroo poo poo at people now has the support of Victorian vinyards.

Yet somehow he is still a better person than most of the politicians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SynthOrange posted:

So how long before Abbott's leader again?

July 3rd

• Locked thread