Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Holy false equivalency batman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I'm convinced that the newspapers can't afford any quality editing staff anymore. It's basically a university newspaper operation at this point

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Kat Delacour posted:

I'm terrified that being "wooed back to work" will involve lower income mothers choosing between working without benefit or eating their own young to survive and higher income mothers getting a taxpayer subsidised wet nurse.

Wet nurse for the dole?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Amoeba102 posted:

New senate voting rules means it's Greens 1, Labor 2, LNP [this space intentionally left blank]

I would have thought that exhausting your vote wouldn't be the best solution.
Giving the last seat to the coalition is probably worse than one extra crazy in the senate

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Mad Katter posted:

There'd be nothing binding about the plebiscite though.

Even a drooling moron like tony wouldn't ignore a 70%+ public vote, it'd be the kind of suicide that would be used in textbooks

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

open24hours posted:

Any losses will be offset by the extremely rapid growth in investment that will be prompted by the lower tax rates.

:itwaspoo:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Was that poll taken post budget?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Negligent posted:

I haven't seen any but then again I only watch the abc, masterchef and afl football

There was a lovely "vote for the abcc" ad in every break during Masterchef you fuckwit

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Solemn Sloth posted:

I too enjoy undeclared donations in kind to a political party on the first day of a campaign.

Is there some kind of article or is this the tony Abbott "what do I do with this paper bag of cash" story from last week?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

tithin posted:

Didn't Di Natale say just yesterday that this wasn't happening?

this just reads like a stitch up - though if it does happen, I'll be amused.

The article says the greens will run open tickets. listen to his language, he certainly doesn't say there is no chance of a deal just no preferences to Libs.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

freebooter posted:

How many people actually vote according to parties' how-to-vote cards? Do preferences really change much?

There is an Anthony green article somewhere about that. From memory it's worth around 5% of your vote at the booth but it's likely to be nullified by your opponents handing them out.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Even better Google "aec vote overseas"

http://www.aec.gov.au/Voting/Ways_to_vote/overseas.htm

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Birdstrike posted:

hot take alert:supaburn:: it is with some irony that government secrecy on refugees is blunting its effectiveness as a wedge issue

I'm pretty sure that's why they have let the secrecy down a tiny bit lately

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Starshark posted:

Does anyone know if the AEC has something on their website about where the polling booths are? We've had our boundaries changed again and I'd really rather not go to the wrong place, line up, and be told I'm actually out of area by 500 metres.

Border booths are meant to have both sets of papers.
The worst will be just do an absentee vote, filling out the envelope is easier than driving to a different school

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Stadiums are pretty much always a boondoggle. The one in WA is like $1bn and the AFL aren't contributing gently caress all even though they will be the major beneficiary. It's not like between the AFL and the two local teams they couldn't have raised a big chunk of cash, interest rates are low and they are super profitable.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Watch nothing come of this.

I mean even Canada is talking about pulling out of UN treaties :420:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

MaliciousOnion posted:

lmao the next queued video was Hockey's 2015 budget speech.

Should have been the leigh sales interview with the dryer

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Which state has the highest beastiality rate?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

You Am I posted:

Maybe, just maybe, it's because your loving Liberal mates screwing over manufacturing you dog loving piece of poo poo.

Just maybe.

Nah, wiki says he's just flat out wrong

quote:

The 2013 South Australian Electricity Report noted that increases in prices were "largely driven by transmission and distribution network price increases".[35] In contrast, the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO) has noted that the South Australian wholesale prices are lower than they have been since the start of the national electricity market, and that the wind “tends to depress the South Australian regional prices”.[36] The Government stated that the price increase due to the Carbon Tax was approximately half of that experienced by other States due to the high installed capacity of wind and gas-fired generation.[37]

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

There are two things you are voting for; House of Representatives and senate

HOR: this is your "local" representative and is voted for from you and your surrounding suburbs. Number all of the boxes from 1 (favourite) to however many there are (normally 4-7)

Senate: this is your state's representative, it's proportional and the counting is complicated . But this year it's simpler.

1: number above the line at least one box in order of preferences. Doing this lets the party choose the order they want their candidates to be considered.
2: number below the line, there is a minimum (I think 6) and you can order each parties candidates as you wish or even skip those you are not interested in.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Solemn Sloth posted:

in order of importance:

step 1) don't vote liberals
step 2) don't vote lunatic minor right wingers
step 3) don't vote labor

I know it's hard not to try and proselytise, but he didn't ask who to vote for

(But sloth is right, don't vote for the shitheels)

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Essential: 51/49 to LNP :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Anidav posted:

Seems to me to just be the margin of error shifting around as some polls get more boomers and some polls get less.

Yeah, it's pretty sloppy not to mention the margin when it's within 2 points of the last poll

• Locked thread