Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

bookmarking this thread now

this is my birthday month and I'm gonna buy the new Kirby game and I dunno that's probably it I'm still playing Bravely Second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just beat the last boss in Dark Souls 3 this morning and it was cool but man Bloodborne is so much cooler and faster to me

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

I'm so happy Nioh is coming out so people can realize fast dark souls sucks. From was just going to slowly destroy its credit by make the games faster.

team ninja ... good games??

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I will admit Bloodborne's the obvious peak of the Souls formula and they should stop

but it seems like they know that and are gonna stop

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Phantasium posted:

I just want more sick dodges into sick combos.

rip devil may cry

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just can't stand CoD multiplayer

it feels like there's no such thing as a front line and it's just dudes running around in a circuit until they either shoot someone (who is in the middle of their circuit) in the back or get shot in the back

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I like TF2 a lot and I don't really expect Overwatch to fill that void for me but my buddy got me a beta code so I'll see how it goes

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

a xim would own but that feels like a level of grognard I'm not prepared to sink to

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

during the division's beta, I lost a character to rolling in a DZ safe house and landed on a coffee table you're not supposed to be able to get on, and consequently couldn't get off of it either

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I have been loving playing Overwatch as a person who has 1,000 hours in TF2

it helps that I'm playing on console and regularly go something like 14:3 and get Play of the Game and all that kind of poo poo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

obligatory reply of the intro stage to mega man x

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just have zero desire to play Uncharted games

I only played like an hour of The Last of Us, too

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

why did the Overwatch beta just download an update on my PS4

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Xelkelvos posted:

X's turn based combat system was a lot more approachable than X-2 modified ATB and was probably the better for it. I never could get into X-2's system.

Side question: I liked Saints Row 4 and Just Cause 2 and just generally running around and fulfilling open world objective and looking for collectibles, would dropping $15 for Prototype 1 and 2 be worth the cash? (Sale link)

the Prototype games own for just running around and getting in knock down, drag out fights with monsters and tanks

I guess they weren't that successful, but I loved them dearly

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

some people can only play The Newest and Best Games

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

StrangeAeon posted:

FFVFJF is 14 days away now.

I'm already excited!

oh poo poo, I didn't know it was so close. I thought it wouldn't be until June or something

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I liked Origins better than Knight fwm

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Snak posted:

Yeah.

The only "fault" I find in groundhog day is that I don't find Andie MacDowell's character in it to be very attractive, so I don't personally identify with the protagonists motivations/goals. But that's a little thing.

So in this hypothetical amazing show, all you have to do is write the female lead's character to be more interesting of a person.

Edit: also there's no particular reason outside of "the movie" that the man has to be the one repeating the day. You could have the protagonist be female and it would work fine.

new idea

like 12 eps a season, new protagonist who's having to figure out what is going on every season

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

let's go further into VR games in the Rising sequel since that's in the news

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lady naga took every opportunity to say either say something uninteresting or needlessly mean

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

uncharted 4 multi is really fun

I swear the enemy team keeps getting the +60 points when I kill their team captain, though

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I played PS4 Overwatch with goons earlier and I had a lot of fun

I was adamsolo3000 for those who were there

I wish you could change your name. I'd pay for that

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

Now that every major gaming platform has a screencap feature would a thread for funny/bad/good screencaps be a good idea or is that more of a PYF thing?

make it for videos too and you've got a good idea. both consoles can upload to YouTube iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I like the latter two SNES DKC games best tbh

• Locked thread