Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
nintendo is going to outlive apple and microsoft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Stux posted:

yes im v sure that the company who is a fractiotn of the size of ms and apple, has a fraciton fothe resourses of those companies, and only operates in one area, and is is unable to sell proudcts in the one area they make products in, will outlive apple an d ms

you are making the right bet my friend, glad you agree

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

LawfulWaffle posted:

Where's a game where if you shoot someone they wind up with a stomach wound and start loudly expiring.

Cannon Fodder has none of that other stuff but it does have this.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I just want Alpha Protocol 2: Even more choices

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Cannon Fodder feels really really good. When you click to move somewhere and then shoot off to the side it feels like you are doing a fun slide.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

FactsAreUseless posted:

Who gives a poo poo which posters you like or dislike

*in succubus voice from V/H/S* i like you

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

What kind of sick loving joke is this?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

codenameFANGIO posted:

It is this year's bacon celebration. Last year it was called "Baconalia".

e: this year it is called "Red White and Bacon" and is a tie-in to the new Independence Day.

I feel some irrational anger coming on and I don't know why

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

the end of an era

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p14IvU9P06c
I sure do hope this worms game ends up being good but probably it won't.

The helicopter looks like its just the jetpack but it can shoot down, I don't really have a problem with that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Uncharted 2's train level is pretty much one of the highlights of video games for me.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

PantsBandit posted:

I don't know what I'm seeing but the animation actually looks really cool and much more interesting than "pixar but not" that overwatch has going.

its actually really poo poo and only looks good sped up because its fluid enough and you can't see the lovely character designs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I picked up Armored Core V at the library today because it said you get to customize big robots, I dont know if its any good but I hope it is cause I want ot make big robots fight rawr kaboom fire the lasers

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Even though its really hard to beat and you can get completely screw over by the build of your ship, I really like the FTL boss because I am actually force to not focus on the same 3 or 2 systems I am always focused on depending on my ship build.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
What is it about Minecraft that makes people think Notch wouldn't be a horrible human being? Like its just a block building game but so many people just seem flabbergasted that he is such a poo poo, he never gave any sort of cues he was a good person.

Not really referring to any reactions I see here in this thread, just elsewhere.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Quest For Glory II posted:

as long as people understand context it's fine but then we have situations like how Hollywood still chooses to glorify and worship Woody Allen

I could not watch Manhattan for just how creepy I found it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I once made a really good joke about notch where I said #redstonepill hehe good times

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Doesn't he donate a lot of his money to charity or something too? Like for being incredibly obnoxious he still seems like a decent person at the end of the day.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I like Twitter as the place where comedians/scriptwriters put their jokes that aren't good enough for their stand up act/tv show.

I don't really get it for anything else though, like it seems like just a really good way to do weird stuff with comedy I have no idea how people actually use it as a social media site.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am a real memer, I say what I meme and meme what I say.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I really like the villain in that one, he was probably my favorite in those marvel movies cause he actually had motivation and a personality.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jay Rust posted:

I'm going to have to disagree! Well, only in that his devilish plot seemed so haphazard that it doesn't stand up to scrutiny. How would he know anything about Iron Man and the Manchurian Candidate's shared past? How did he hear anything about the secret Siberian base? How could he know that Iron Man would even show up?

Or did I miss some important piece of exposition? That's entirely possible too.

Sorry, this has probably already been talked to death.

Pretty much everything goes back to the black widow leak/finding out the base location was the whole reason why he was after Bucky.

He didn't need Iron Man to show up at the end for the video to still gently caress up the Avengers tho too.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Like his plan is also suppose to really half hazard i think, the guy isn't really a super genius and ends up getting lucky a lot of the time.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Watch Captain America: Winter Solider to know why Captain America is pretty much right

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

A Story of Causality and Greed

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Jay Rust posted:

There's a new Total War game out (Warhammer), and it made me realise that I haven't played a single Total War game outside of a demo many years ago. It's a pretty big blind spot of mine, where's a good place to start with that series?

Shogun 2 is really really good, and if you get the fall of the Samurai dlc you can unlock gattling guns and mow down rows and rows of troops like that one scene in the Last Samurai. You can even go in first person view on those units and be the one who does the mowing. Its good.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Adam Bowen posted:

It's the loving internet. I guess it's cool that people can turn "I got death threats on the internet" (lol) into enough outrage to make a living out of it but let's not pretend like it means anything.

are death threats more real when they come from irl

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if my virtual marriage is real and serious i don't see why virtual death threats are not real and not serious

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

No Such Thing posted:

Nothing makes a joke funnier than meticulous explanation.

You see, its funny cause the joke seems to be setting up that the drink got the person drunk enough to vomit, aka "blow chunks, not drunk enough to blow his dog named Chunks.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hellboy does the whole "story about stories" thing way better than something like Sandman or most of Gaiman's work does, because Hellboy actually follows folklore structure way better, while people who write in Gaiman's style are too focused on making it feel like a monomyth or whatever.

Everyone should read Hellboy, its really good.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I have been playing Brawlhalla lately. Is OK.

Its really fun just running around the map and throwing your weapons away constantly so you can grab bombs and mines and just sticking around the edges to get opportunist kills. You get a lot of complaints about how you are not "fighting" despite getting the most kills lol.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

No Such Thing posted:

I heard on NPR that not only are "Cat Mystery Novels" a thing, but the writers get into heated arguments over whether or not the cats should talk.

How many are either called "A Murder Most Meow" or "A Purrrfect Murder"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

codenameFANGIO posted:

Oh yeah guys I'm playing a lot of uh Splatoon lately *desperately tries to cover up heavily dog eared copy of "A Murder Most Meowl"*

Uhh.... dog eared?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
To Skin a Cat - Its Silence of the Lambs, but you know, Buffalo Bill is a cat skinning cats

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I made that image my facebook banner and someone immediately commented with this

Fluke is a perfect name for this

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

quote:

Qwilleran, or Qwill as his friends call him, is the main human character in the books. He was born Merlin James Qwilleran, a fact explained by his mother (in a letter to Francesca Klingenschoen) as a product of reading King Arthur during her pregnancy.

quote:

Koko’s most notable characteristic is his sixth sense. On the surface, his actions are not that extraordinary; they are things that any energetic and healthy cat might do from time to time. He might dig up small pieces of evidence, for instance, or point something out to Qwilleran by acting extremely attracted to it. He has also been known to use seemingly random yowls or body language to communicate things, especially when a death is caused by foul play: he has both a "death howl" and a unique "death dance". Sometimes Qwilleran does not immediately recognize the significance of Koko’s actions, and sometimes will not recognize them at all (if they occur before Qwill has the slightest idea of any misdemeanor), at least not until the case has been solved. He also seems to have the power to trigger certain important events, such as causing a blackout by sitting in the middle of a pyramid.
[...]
Qwilleran believes Koko has his unusually strong sixth sense because he has 30 whiskers on each side of his face (60 in total), while most cats have 24 (48 in total). Whiskers are significant in the stories because, as mentioned earlier, Qwill often has a tingling sensation in his moustache when he is on the right train of thought when a case is involved, and a moustache can be called "whiskers."

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
No, John. You are the semens

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Kensuke Tanabe stands on the precipice of Nintendo headquarters. He has toiled for seven long years to bring his latest and greatest revelation to the world. Yet the masses below are confused, anxious, and worried, mistaking his idealism for insanity, and feverishly calling for his head. Despite the outcries, only Kensuke Tanabe will know that the masses will be silenced once he is finished. This August, everyone will know, and everyone will bear witness to the will of Kensuke Tanabe, producer at Nintendo.

Who is this Kensuke Tanabe fella I am hearing so much about sounds like a new player in the video game meatspace to look out for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Kirby is mean I know that because he has mean eyes

• Locked thread