Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Packers claimed CMike.

THE DREAM LIVES ON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Who do you prefer rest of season:

.75 ppr for RBs

Latavius Murray or Doug Martin? In a dynasty league do you think the Doug Martin owner would consider accepting a deal for Lata?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah. Lamar is definitely playing as well as he can against stacked boxes since no one fears Brock's ability to throw a ball.

and the texans are still 6-3

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I really wanted to be right about Lamar Miller being completely misused in Miami, and while I think he has proven he can handle a full workload, I was hoping he wouldn't be in such a poo poo offense.

I remember being so excited he signed with the texans. Then the Brockening occurred.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Need Lamar and Latavius to combine for 50ish points tonight.

In other words... I lost.

Why did I start Big ben?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thwomp posted:

Because he was playing loving Cleveland and any reasonable owner would absolutely start him. Don't feel bad.

Yeah, but I have Derek Carr who isn't playing in a windstorm tonight. :shrug:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah but he's playing Houston, who are a top 5ish DST against QBs. Not quite as bad as starting your QB against Denver or Seattle, but not that far off. You don't sit Ben against Cleveland, certainly not for Carr against Houston.

I have my suspicions that their high ranking against the pass is due to playing more bad qbs than good ones. I could be off base here though.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

It's cool. I started Cam Newton over Derek Carr and lost by the points Carr would have gave me.

I started Ben and lost by the points Carr would have given me..

Now I get to agonize all week about starting Cam, Carr, or Ben. Thanks fantasy football.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Why isn't Gio on the IR yet? Come on Bengals I need to make room.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Anyone starting the Steelers Def against a Luckless Colts team?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

I'm in a must win matchup this week to keep my playoff chances alive. I currently have Matt Stafford (vs MIN)

Should I pick up any of these guys to play over him this week?

Palmer @ ATL
Kaepernick @ MIA
Wentz vs GB
Tannehill vs SF (Leaning toward this)
Bortles @ BUF
Bradford @ DET
Flacco vs CIN

Standard scoring

Tanny and Wentz are the only two I'd start, and I'm leaning Tanny.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Kelce was targeted 7 times and got 5 catches for 34 yards. I'm not sure that's "fickle" for TE. Walker was targeted 8 times for 2 catches and 34 yards.

Pretty good coverage on the TE I'd say.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

I don't know who the gently caress I'm starting this week. 6 PATD Standard:

QB:
Matt Ryan
Kirk Cousins

Leaning towards Kirk.

RB: (Starting 3)
Spencer Ware
Thomas Rawls
Theo Riddick
Carlos Hyde
James Starks
Wendell Smallwood

Leaning towards Ware, Rawls, and Hyde.

The week 12 sit/start thread is up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3799009

: D

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's just odd to me to see Teemu saying something/anything positive about TEs

especially Cook

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Rick Grimes posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna finish out the year (currently 2nd), hopefully take their money and walk.

Make sure to let the league know that they're failures at fantasy football on the way out.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Hopkins has 134 points in my PPR league. Shepard has 123.8

Also, Santheb, I have absolutely no issues with eliminated teams making moves. Inactive managers are the worst and I respect people that keep playing even if they've been mathematically eliminated. Sorry he took your player - but you've had weeks to grab Kaep if you really wanted him.

The only moves I don't like eliminated teams making are dropping their best players for garbo waiver adds. We dont use a "Can't Cut List"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
He plays Denver this week. pretty easy benching

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Intruder posted:

lol Siemian and Goff

tbf he says they have good matchups but not to play them

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I LOST A LOT OF RESPECT FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU PUT GOFF AND SIEMIAN IN YOUR ARTICLE

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah I'd dump Asiata

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

Where my dynasty goons at?

I'd probably pass, but I prefer holding 2 TEs just in case something happens to one

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thwomp posted:

Thanks Cooper for doing very little for me yesterday. :smith:

:yossame:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I won my .5 ppr playoff game 68 - 65. Lowest scores all season I think.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Shakes fist at MFL for listing Daniel Brown as a WR instead of TE.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

MFL's stated policy is that they list all players as what they were at the beginning of the season. But, commissioners have the power to modify that, and can change any player to a different position.

Consequently, leagues hosted on MFL need a rule about when and how their commissioner should change a player's position. In my league we figured this out this year, and the new rule will be that any owner can challenge any player's position at any time; the source of truth is the NFL football team's own website.

We had to do this for a IDP player this year who was listed as a linebacker but changed to defensive end.

You can also make it possible for owners to swap a player between listed position and any custom positions you add for them.

See: http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2016/support?SEARCH=player+position

Click the Ty Montgomery question for an explanation (basically, MFL's software can't handle dual positions, lol)

e. Note that a player only earns points for the position they're set at. So if your league (say) gives different PPR for WRs vs RBs, an owner with Ty Montgomery that you've set to be allowed to be set as a RB will have to decide which position they want him at, and can only get the PPR value for the position they chose.

Bolding mine, I'm for it, and am the commissioner in my league. Several members hate the idea vehemently though.

e: I even said I wouldn't implement the rule change this season, but would like to league vote for it next season.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 15, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Justin Tucker was my mvp in two leagues this year.

E: Also there's your Hill points.

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Dec 26, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm doing the playoff challenge on NFL, went all in packer/pats. Jordy is out this week, how likely is it that he'll be back next week (assuming a Pack win obviously)? Should I swap him out for cobb and eat the loss of the multiplier?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
just got an offseason trade offer:

my dthom or arob for his tyreek hill. I'm sure tyreek is going to regress, but he was drat good.

It's a .5 ppr dynasty league. I also have Kelce if anyone thinks that matters (I don't). Any thoughts?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sataere posted:

I wouldn't move ARob for him, but DT is an interesting consideration. His QB situation is still pretty much garbage and he'll turn 30 during the season.

Having said that, I think he should still be good for a few years and is worth way more than Hill straight up. But he is a guy I would be looking to move in the next couple years while his value is at its peak.

Thanks, and I largely agree with you on cashing on DThom before its too late which has me leaning on pulling trigger now rather than later. I countered with doing dthom for tyreek and swapping our draft picks this year (he has 1.02 and i have 1.07 and 1.09 for him to pick from)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Those are both awful.

DT + 1.07 for Tyreek + 1.02 is probably fine if you like the non-Fournette rookies, but Tyreek is just a throw in there compared to the value of 1.02. Ignore Reek and just try DT for 1.02 if you can, 1.07 >> Reek.

Hmm thanks for this. Gives me something to think about.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
May I have some offseason help?

I have to trim my team a bit during the offseason (3 cuts total). .5ppr for WR, .75 for RB. The deal is my league is cutting down from 25-15, then doing a "supplemental" auction draft to get us back up to 25 before the season starts.

Montgomery, Ty GBP RB 
Booker, Devontae DEN RB
Jones, Marvin DET WR
Meredith, Cameron CHI WR
Thielen, Adam MIN WR
Ware, Spencer KCC RB
Williams, Tyrell LAC WR
Murray, Latavius MIN RB
Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB
Newton, Cam CAR QB
Carr, Derek OAK QB 

I'm thinking about cutting 1 QB (probably Ben), Adam, but the last spot I'm having trouble with. Marvin or Devontae? idk

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
AP will outrun Marky Mark in a 3 game stretch, the media will drive home a narrative about AP needing the ball more because he's got a higher ypc than Ingram, Saints will give him more touches, but ruin their run game as a result. Both RBs have a bad year.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
FF 17: 1st RD - Tight End, 2nd RD - Weed Guy, 3rd RD - QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
FF 17: The Browns of Statistics Games

• Locked thread