Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Top 3 WR's are AB/Julio/Hopkins imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

I hope I can still have my spot from last year's slow draft!

We do a fantasy football draft, but each owner gets a long time (like a day) to make each pick. It takes a long time to do the whole draft.
Here's last year's league. It's MFL, so you don't manage your team at all after the draft: just, each week, the best scorers in each position count and the lower guys don't count.

Since we did the slow draft super early last year, most teams had several players who didn't even play. Like, I had T-Rich as a very late pick, he earned zero points all year. Rod Streater earned 1.3 points all year, because he played a few snaps in one game only or something. So the outcome is pretty loving random.

Not that there's no strategy. Ask Former Kicker Ray Finkle about the "don't draft a D/ST" strategy and how well that worked out for them! LOL

I'd like in on this slow draft if there's still space.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
All my RL friends that i play Fantasy with are all casuals and only do the regular leagues and a couple leagues are keepers.

I'd love to join a brand new Dynasty league if anyone was planning on starting one up.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

-1 0 0 1 2 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 6 6 6 6 7 7 7 7 8 8 9 11 12 17 18 18 18

Just as a guess, i'm thinking Moreno, i vaguely remember him doing 3 18 yard runs in OT once.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Metapod posted:

Cooks seems overvalued imo

Eh, he finished last season WR12 despite a sluggish start, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up around there again.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Super fun kicker chat.

I'm starting to think that drafting Gostkowski a few rounds before the end of the draft isn't the dumbest idea in the world.

So you're telling me to draft him with my next pick in the slow draft?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

Timeline puts him on track for late pre-season return so barring no setbacks he'll be rocking week 1. I think your analysis of his opportunity is spot on, but I'd keep an eye out on how Cincy starts fitting Tyler Boyd into their scheme. He seems like he could be a solid replacement for Marvin Jones, but then again every draftee has a chance to bust.

The few reports i've seen have him at risk of not being ready by week 1. This is also Eifert, so he'll most likely be ready week 3 of the regular season.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Dandy Kaiser posted:

My friend is adamant that David Johnson is RB1 over LVB which I think is p funny but isn't necessarily anything more than a difference of preference, but when he says that he'd take him at 1.1 I'm like :psyduck:

Yea, that's a bit crazy for me. Personally i wouldn't be grabbing either at 1.1 this year as Le'veon's PCL injury has me a little worried, but he is still definitely my #1 RB still.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Metapod posted:

I have a serious problem and have been following the slow draft thread. With that said seeing Alfred blue drafted even in the 20th round just boils my blood. DONT DRAFT BLUE HE poo poo

It's round 20 and we're practically drafting players who may have a bullshit 3 TD game in week 8 at this point since it's bestball.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Am i missing something, because all 3 of those numbers are off from his stats on ESPN/NFL.com

73-802-11 from tweet
64-733-6 from ESPN/NFL.com

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

For any IDP people, Hau'oli Kikaha, 2nd round LB pick of the Saints last year that looked like he'd transition to DL this year and therefore probably be a nice pick up, tore his ACL.

drat, he's had an ACL tear like 3 times in the last 5 years. Insane

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Kerwynn Williams and Mike Gillislee keep popping up in various analyses I'm doing for ground control as possible "good runners". Both look to be pretty buried in depth charts, but are going to be free agents soon. What can folks tell me about them? Anybody watch them in college?

Also, I'm starting to not trust Matt Jones. Which is weird, because I liked his tape last year. Might be possible that his tape is better than his production. He's goes down kicking and screaming, but still goes down nonetheless.

Don't know much about Gillislee, but he didn't play at all in 2014 with the Dolphins and last year he did well in the few games where he got a few carries with the Bills. Though when he got a full workload in week 17, he only managed 28 yards on 24 carries against the Jets with a lost fumble to add. So not too sure how viable he would even be as anything other than a rotational/backup.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'm not even sure AB84 has even hit his ceiling tbh, I could see him hitting 2000 receiving yards as long as Big Ben is at QB all 16 games this year.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Tiptoes posted:

ODB is going to be one of the best of all time and y'all fuckers better respect. AB is having his 15 minutes of fame at the moment but this is ODB's game from now on.

lol, good thing we all said ODB isn't one of the best, oh wait none of us did. I mean if AB is having his 15 minutes of fame up to this point, does that mean ODB is at 3 minutes of fame?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 15, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Yea i really don't get that argument.

AB84 is an established top 3 WR for the last few years but he is somehow not capable of threepeating as WR1, but a 3rd year WR is extremely likely to continue on his outrageous pace? I'm not saying ODB isn't an elite talent, nor has anyone else here. But in this case for a #1 pick or top 3, most of us would rather bank on the consensus #1 WR who hasn't shown any reason to think he would regress.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 17, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Anderron Shi posted:

So C.J. Spiller is an undisputed straight up drop?

He's currently the 3rd string behind Tim Hightower, last i heard his roster spot isn't even safe at the moment. He's past the point of being worth keeping around in Dynasty i would think. Let him take up someone elses bench slot imo.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Metapod posted:

Is there something I'm missing about Thompson?

He's nothing special, but currently he's competing with a short leashed Matt Jones and a 7th rounder in Keith Marshall. As long as he doesn't get cut and gets healthy, he should be their locked in passing down back with possibility for more. He's an ok hold in dynasty for now.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB
Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB
Beckham, Odell NYG WR
Evans, Mike TBB WR
Bryant, Martavis PIT WR

If you don't believe this man here's some help

Aaron Rodgers - Getting up there in age and father time will soon catch up
Le'Veon Bell - Had a terrible PCL tear and likes to smoke pot
Odell Beckham - Temper problems and has a history with hamstring injuries
Mike Evans - Has severe butteryitis
Martavis Bryant - Has an even worse history of injecting marijuanas

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
What if Sterling Shepard is decent? What if Will Tye continues to progress, What if Victor Cruz isn't dead, What if Eli gets a torn ACL from being sacked in a weird way?

You're arguing a bunch of What if's that could also happen to every other top WR in one way or another.

The only difference here is, AB has played with 3rd string QB's for a quarter of a season and still put up ridiculous numbers

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 18, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
What if ODB tries to assault someone for calling his momma fat and gets dunked on and is injured

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Also here is my hot take about Arian Foster

2.6 YPC in 2016, (more carries for zero or no yards than more than 4), turns 30 in a month and a half, coming off injury and will likely be a full blown committee.

I'm good thanks.

He was still a RB2 on average in his 4 games last season in PPR league though.

In half ppr his weekly points were

And they'd all be higher in full PPR. Almost like 80% of his points came from the receptions and yards, he definitely won't be running with the ball as much in Miami, but i wouldn't find it surprising if he got a good amount of passing work.

I wouldn't take him anywhere near past seasons, but if he drops to a mid to late round, i'd certainly think about grabbing him in a PPR league.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jul 19, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With my keeper league draft coming up in a few weeks, i am having to put in my 2 picks for keepers for this year. I've asked a couple times before but as we all know these decisions change often.

Figured i'd ask now and maybe again right before the draft and compare notes.

QB/WR/WR//RB/RB/TE/WRT 1 PPR 6 PT passing TD

These are who i can keep and what pick they would be as my leagues draft order is set by last years standings.

5.08 Todd Gurley
8.05 Cam Newton
10.05 Thomas Rawls
10.05 Jordy Nelson
10.05 Josh Gordon lol
11.08 DeVante Parker

At the moment i am thinking i take Gurley and Rawls and go WR heavy early, but Jordy Nelson in the 10th is great value and Rawls i'm not even sure what's going on with him but he should still be good right?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 3, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

If you get 7 point QB TDs, Cam in the 8th with Kelvin back could be nice as hell.

But yeah, keeping those two RBs is the right move.

Yea meant to include it, it's 6 pt passing TD.

This league usually has a sucker or 2 that hilariously overdrafts QB's. We've had Andrew Luck go in the first round the last 2 years. I'm thinking i should let Cam Newton get drafted by someone in the 2nd. hah

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

If you get 7 point QB TDs, Cam in the 8th with Kelvin back could be nice as hell.

But yeah, keeping those two RBs is the right move.

I totally forgot i had hopped on that rotopass a couple months back. Actually put them to use and most of the sites have Jordy ranked a lot higher than Rawls in ppr leagues. It's seriously making me reconsider hard.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
What's the thinking on Alshon Jeffrey atm? His ADP seems to be in the late 2nd round but he's again nursing a soft tissue injury which is becoming a regular thing for him it seems.

Stay away?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
A 35 year old Ben Watson also received 110 Targets last season, i'd be willing to bet that is at least Fleeners floor in targets.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
For those that hopped on the rotopass, which of the sites would you recommend mainly?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Green Gloves posted:

With Luck back. How are you guys liking Moncrief as a potential 3rd yearbreakout candidate?

I like him much more than guys going higher like Maclin.

Wasnt Moncrief supposed to be like a go route guy coming out? I was watching some Colts games and hes definitely running more than one route and hes good after the catch.

He's actually one of my targets for WR in most of my leagues. If all goes well, i think he'd at least be a high end WR3 with upside. Now for everything to go lovely.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up leading the Colts with receptions tbh.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 8, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MrSargent posted:

I think it's fair to say that Maclin's ceiling is not his first season on a new team, new offense, and new QB. I really can't see Moncrief's ceiling as the #2 option being much, if any higher than Maclin's as the #1 option. But yes there is a difference in ADP of about a round right which makes it closer. I don't think you can call this a mid-round pick, the 3rd-4th is still pretty early. I like solid starters at that ADP personally, ill go riskier in the 6th+.

I'm actually thinking that Moncrief might end up the #1 option over TY Hilton this year. Am i crazy?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

MrSargent posted:

Yah this is crazy. TY was still WR21 last year with the corpse of Hasselback and Freeman throwing to him for most of the season. Moncrief was WR39. I am genuinely curious why you expect Moncrief to supplant TY, especially since TY is only 26.

Nothing concrete really, just my own thinking off small sample of last season. Where in the games that Luck played, Moncrief only had like 10 less targets than Hilton, but he also had more TD's. I would think after the loss of Andre Johnson and Fleener, Moncrief would be the one to benefit more than a speedster like Hilton. I'm just thinking Moncrief may score more points than Hilton this year.

Though with Luck back, i'm high on both of them and would draft both if at the right spot.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 9, 2016

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

And I drafted him at every opportunity, traded him right before he came back for guys like OBJ/Hilton/Thomas, and laughed all the way to the league championship while the new Foster owner flamed out in the first round with no WR1 or RB

It's not DFS, so those three games don't really mean all that much in the long run when you were short a bench spot for the first 4-6 weeks of the season and then didn't have him when you needed him the most. Foster was a sucker bet going into the season and his only real value was as a mid-round trade chip

Congrats on playing with all retards then? Whoever traded OBJ for Foster coming off an injury before the season even started is just retarded.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Can keep 1 (I have the 9th pick in the 1st round of a 10 team league)

A Peterson for a 1st round pick
Cam Newton for a 7th
Jerrick McKinnon for a 10th.

If it's 6 pounts per passing TD i'd say Cam.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

I'd still probably lean towards Cam, there's a chance AP will still be there when you pick 9th, or at the least one of Bell, AP, Miller possibly.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

4 pt passing makes him better compared to non-running QBs, though

Yea, either way i think i'd pick him over AP at a first round price, because there's still a good chance even with the 9th pick he walks away with a top RB (or even AP) or just grabs a top WR. Getting Cam at the 7th gives him decent value on a top 3 QB and can use his first 6 picks on RB/WR's i guess.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Papes posted:

They spent more draft equity on rb than any other team in the past 5 years. Rawls is their least paid back currently and is coming off an injury.

So what you're saying is they're gonna run him into the ground because he's cheap and expendable right? on top of that he's already been injured!

:downs:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

I'm not doggin' Jamaal Charles. I think he's gonna be top 3 easy. He's the most dominant RB in modern day NFL history and has check down machine Alex Smith throwing to him. Also, ACL recovery isn't as big of a deal these days with the advances in technology and medicine. Used to be the career killer, but now you get guys like AP2K the year after.

I am definitely torn. Do I want the pretty girl with the big booty or the pretty girl with the big rack? Choices.

why not both?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Haven't heard much talk about Travis Benjamin, what's everyones thoughts on him this year? He did surprisingly good on the Browns last season and he's now the #2 in San Diego being drafted in the late rounds.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Michael Thomas looks p decent so far, but lolpreseason.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Doltos posted:

Something about the Bear's backfield makes me think I'll get Langford and Howard as his handcuff and end up losing out on Kadeem Carey.

Something about the Bear's backfield makes me not even gonna touch it with a 100 foot pole. Actually make that the Bear's in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'd probably still take Nuk before AJ Green in PPR, but it's close.

• Locked thread