Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, brand new member TheFinalTuba, oath to paint the Closing Time crew from Malifaux

Looking forward to getting going!

TheFinalTuba fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
OATH ADDITION! I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint one Nightmare Edition Whiskey Golem, from Wyrd Games

This MONSTER of a model has been staring me in the face for way too long, and I'm making such good progress on my Closing Time box, I figured it only made sense to add him in this month. Wish me luck!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
OATH COMPLETE

Glad to have these guys done and finally see them hit the battlefield

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, brand new member TheFinalTuba, oath to paint the Closing Time crew from Malifaux

Looking forward to getting going!

TheFinalTuba posted:

OATH ADDITION! I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint one Nightmare Edition Whiskey Golem, from Wyrd Games

This MONSTER of a model has been staring me in the face for way too long, and I'm making such good progress on my Closing Time box, I figured it only made sense to add him in this month. Wish me luck!

Aaaaaaand the completed models:

The whole gang, ready for drunken antics!

The Brewmaster himself, his loyal Apprentice Wesley, and Fingers!

The three Moon Shinobi.

The HUGE (for this game) whiskey golem.

Rear view, to see that lazy gremlin snoozing in the hammock.

Overall, pretty happy with how everything turned out. Once the sealer went on, some of my highlights got a little muted. Tells me I need to highlight a little more extremely in the future perhaps. That's June's focus!

Claiming: possibly Theme Challenge. Ninja Gremlins may be a bit of a stretch for Fantasy, I'll let the judges decide ;), #squadgoals, also Monster MAY-Hem! for that gigantic Whiskey Golem, and a big shoutout to my buddy Signal for encouraging me to FINALLY join the Oath Thread. Looking forward to getting much painting done this year.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do hereby Oath the following for June:
3x Rooster Riders
Merris LaCroix
Gracie
Mancha Roja

I've been in a big Malifaux mood lately I guess :) (Wyrd Games, 28mm)

Manchaaaaaaa Rojaaaaaaaa!

TheFinalTuba fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 13, 2016

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
OATH COMPLETE!

Had a good time painting these guys, especially the roosters. Without further delay, the pics!

These guys were a lot of fun to paint, and honestly REALLY happy with the way these roosters turned out

Merris LaCroix

Mancha Roja, swimging his #1 Fan!

Last but not least, Gracie! Wanted to show two shots, since she has fun stuff on both sides :)

Unfortunately, didn't have time to finish bases for everyone, but thankfully that's not a huge deal.

Claiming Technical Challenge for the amount of skin on both Mancha Roja and Gracie, or if you prefer, the Theme Challenge for Gracie, who's all packed for vacation! :)

Looking forward to next month!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint, you guessed it, more Gremlins! 3 Lightning Bugs, 1 Lovely Assistant, and this assortment of 8 total swamp bases, one of which will get a little extra attention to look extra watery.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Hey was just poking through the spreadsheet and noticed in the quarterly prize, under the May Oath column, I have an N there. Was wondering if this was a mistake or if there was a requirement to qualify that I missed? Thanks for letting me know

Here's a quote of my May complete post, just in case!

TheFinalTuba posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Glad to have these guys done and finally see them hit the battlefield

Aaaaaaand the completed models:

The whole gang, ready for drunken antics!

The Brewmaster himself, his loyal Apprentice Wesley, and Fingers!

The three Moon Shinobi.

The HUGE (for this game) whiskey golem.

Rear view, to see that lazy gremlin snoozing in the hammock.

Overall, pretty happy with how everything turned out. Once the sealer went on, some of my highlights got a little muted. Tells me I need to highlight a little more extremely in the future perhaps. That's June's focus!

Claiming: possibly Theme Challenge. Ninja Gremlins may be a bit of a stretch for Fantasy, I'll let the judges decide ;), #squadgoals, also Monster MAY-Hem! for that gigantic Whiskey Golem, and a big shoutout to my buddy Signal for encouraging me to FINALLY join the Oath Thread. Looking forward to getting much painting done this year.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Thanks a lot! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't accidentally not doing something I needed to. Back to my painting!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint, you guessed it, more Gremlins! 3 Lightning Bugs, 1 Lovely Assistant, and this assortment of 8 total swamp bases, one of which will get a little extra attention to look extra watery.

Aaaaaaaaand OATH COMPLETE!

Here's the whole gang. Four of the Eight bases went to the models painted for the Oath. Decided to go the extra mile on all the bases. Really happy with how nasty murky the swamp water looks!

The Lightning Bugs. Pretty happy with how these turned out.

Wong's Lovely Assistant. Ready to set up the show (stack the deck).

Not the best pictures, but what are ya gonna do. Claiming Jurnal for the nasty swamp water. Also claiming Box Art for the Lightning Bugs:

Now to get ready for August :D

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint one Alchemist's Guild "Smoke" from Steamforged Games' Guild Ball.

Between two shows I'm doing, I basically don't exist for the month of August haha. So going for a light oath in an effort not to drive myself crazy with my one free night a week.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
OATH COMPLETE!

Clearly I still have to brush off some of that extra flock xD

Claiming Jurnal for the smoke on Smoke. :)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, Oath to paint the following in September:

4 Galwegians from Corvus Belli's Infinity
Rafkin from Wyrd's Malifaux

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

Ilor posted:

Time to crack out the airbrush and be super careful with the black/NMM parts, I guess. Grrrr :argh:

I haven't tried this, but I hear you can mask the parts you want not to be airbrushed with putty of some sort. Like I say, haven't tried it myself, but seems like a good way not to mess up your black/NMM :)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, Oath to paint the following in September:

4 Galwegians from Corvus Belli's Infinity
Rafkin from Wyrd's Malifaux

Aaaaaaaand, OATH COMPLETE

And I gotta say, I'm SUPER happy with the final results. Here's the group shot:

Here's Rafkin

Always have a hard time painting the older metal Malifaux models, but overall I'm happy with him. Especially the Joker-inspired clothes, and pinstripe pants :p

And the Galwegians

Pretty much just copied the studio scheme as close as I could (I'm obviously no Angel haha), but super happy with these guys. Especially the teeny tiny tartan haha.

Claiming Jurnal for the patterns on the kilts.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do solemnly Oath to paint these 5 models in October:

From Wyrd Games, 1 Miss Ery and 1 Flesh Construct with Victim
From Steamforged Games, 1 Compound
And from Corvus Belli, 2 Dog Warriors

It's Monster Season, so why not paint things like literal werewolves, Frankenstein's monster, and nightmare fuel!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Oath Complete!

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do solemnly Oath to paint these 5 models in October:

From Wyrd Games, 1 Miss Ery and 1 Flesh Construct with Victim
From Steamforged Games, 1 Compound
And from Corvus Belli, 2 Dog Warriors

It's Monster Season, so why not paint things like literal werewolves, Frankenstein's monster, and nightmare fuel!

Here they are!

The whole gang

The Dog Warriors, which essentially function in the game as werewolves.

"Somewhere in the distance, someone was screaming. Screaming was part of it, always had been. Somewhere in his mind, he remembered fear. Not what it felt like, of course, simply that it existed. No, the doctor made sure all feeling was gone before he set his creations loose. Screaming often meant fear though. This he knew. But still, the doctor's work needed to be done, and for that he would need a specimen. And once the doctor had him, the screaming would stop. The fear would stop. All would stop. Except the doctor's orders. Yes, in the distance, someone was screaming. But not for long..."

In addition to completion, also claiming Jurnal for all the big scary monsters painted this month. It also totally doesn't matter, but afterwards I realized the one werewolf was also mostly black! Weeeee.
Also claiming Backstory for the Flesh Construct's harrowing tale :)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Oath Time!

I, TheFinalTuba, do oath the Kerail Preceptor box from Corvus Belli.

Bit of a busy month, so we'll start with this, see how it goes :)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Oath Addition!

Because I hate myself apparently :)

Oh, edit: Reaper Bones

TheFinalTuba fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 29, 2016

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

Oath Addition!

Posting this here for speed painting, will post again and with better pictures when I do my official Oath Complete post.

Speed Painting

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

Oath Time!

I, TheFinalTuba, do oath the Kerail Preceptor box from Corvus Belli.

Bit of a busy month, so we'll start with this, see how it goes :)

TheFinalTuba posted:

Oath Addition!

TheFinalTuba posted:

Posting this here for speed painting, will post again and with better pictures when I do my official Oath Complete post.

Speed Painting

Aaaaand, Oath COMPLETE!
Cutting it a bit close this month!

The Whole Gang

Disgruntled Farmer!

The Kerail Preceptor and his Symbiobeasts. I like the way these turned out.

Claiming Jurnal for the harvesty farmer, Speed Painting as previously mentioned for the farmer as well.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

Dr. Phildo posted:

First time I've done this in years but here we go!

Dr Phildo will paint 2 Emperor's Guards from Final Fantasy's Imperial Assault, 3 Skeleton Dudes from Monolith's Conan game, and one Train Conductor from Lemax "Yuletide Express."

Please let me know if image is too big or whatever. I'm iPad posting and have no real idea

Final Fantasy makes the best minis ;)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do hereby Oath for December, one Snow Storm for Malifaux (Wyrd, 28mm)

Should be fun, essentially painting Krampus xD

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
OATH COMPLETE!

Pretty happy with he turned out overall. Though I need some help with skin technique on a guy like this. More on that in the Miniatures Painting thread.

Also, claiming Jurnal, as Krampus wishes you a Merry Christmas!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint 2 Corpse Candles and 2 Silent Ones from Malifaux

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint 2 Corpse Candles and 2 Silent Ones from Malifaux

Aaaaaaand, Oath Complete!

The Silent Ones.

Corpse Candles. Like the way the flesh turned out on these. Nice and gross looking :)

Claiming Jurnal thanks to the Silent Ones, who are bundled up in cloaks to keep them warm from that snow basing!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, do oath to paint one Sky Pirates crew box for Malifaux, by Wyrd

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
Zark, is the preferred WIP format to post all the WIP photos at the end, with the Oath complete post, or throughout the month?

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, do oath to paint one Sky Pirates crew box for Malifaux, by Wyrd

OATH COMPLETE

Cut it pretty close this month. Whipped out two of them like, yesterday haha.

Zipp, the fearless leader of the sky pirates, as they roam Malifaux in their airship. He was a lesson in some disappointments. I need to work on my NMM Bronze, and I need to work on my OSL.

Earl Burns, the imprisoned engineer who "came with" the stolen airship.

The First Mate, a Silurid in a dashing coat and hat!

The Iron Skeeters, Zipp's front line of assault.

Here's an album of WIP shots for the Iron Skeeters (Though one seems to be out of order, and I don't know how to fix it xD): http://imgur.com/a/M3Vpo

Claiming Jurnal for Zipp's explosion and the ensuing OSL. Also claimimg WIP Photos.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to use the following materials to scratchbuild and paint my own Goal Marker for Guildball.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for March

• 1 Paraceratherium by Acheson Creations (28mm)
  • 3 Goblins and 1 Ogre by Mantic (28mm)
  • 3 crates, 2 barrels, 2 platforms, and a chest by 3T Studios (28mm)
  • 1 Hay Cart, 1 Turnip Cart, and 2 Scorpions by Warbases (28mm)
  • Muslin, a leftover plastic gubbin from Ikea, some oak dowel, and a bit of paddle pop stick

Pretty sure I won't need any further proof beyond the complete photo that will be a conversion :v:

Whoa... I am excited to see what this becomes.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to use the following materials to scratchbuild and paint my own Goal Marker for Guildball.

OATH COMPLETE

Not my best work, I need to learn how to mold things, but in any case I'm happy to have the goal. Much better than a 50mm model standing in as a goal marker xD

Claiming Jurnal for the scratch built goal marker. Also claiming I rolled a 6! as the goal is a marker for guild ball ( at least, I'm claiming it if I understand the cheevo correctly! xD)

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint for the month of May, one Civilian from Infinity and one Young LaCroix (is that what this thing is?) from Malifaux!

The Civialian will of course be my "It's a Rescue" and the Gremlin has been kicking around in my collection the longest. One of my first models and still not painted. C'mon me.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint for the month of May, one Civilian from Infinity and one Young LaCroix (is that what this thing is?) from Malifaux!

The Civialian will of course be my "It's a Rescue" and the Gremlin has been kicking around in my collection the longest. One of my first models and still not painted. C'mon me.

And OATH COMPLETED!

Claiming Jurnal for painting my oldest model, the Young LaCroix, as well as It's a Rescue! for saving my poor Comm-Tech. Her start of a paint job was awful before and I am way happier about her now. I even had some fun and turned her hat into Ash Ketchum's hat :) After that, I obviously had to make her little data-pad a Pokedex. Duh. If you squint you can make out a rough facsimile of a Pikachu! Now just have to decide if she will be a Wardriver or a High Value Target...

Also! My picture for All for One!

It's REALLY cool to see them all on display like this. And it's not even everything I painted this year. Easily has been one of my most productive paint years ever. Thank you Oath Thread. See you next season!!!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

Zark the Damned posted:

OK, corrected and updated the stats. Not sure how I missed those :(

One more for ya... I'm not seeing my point in the spreadsheet for It's a Rescue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

Zark the Damned posted:

Whoops! I'm really dropping the ball on the last month, must be all the excitement! Fixed.

ok, and one more one more xD Looks like you gave me a Spring Cleaning point, but I don't think I ever actually did that as an achievement. Despite the multiple cleanings of my desk haha. In the interest of integrity, remove my point there!

• Locked thread