Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So I've been playing for a while now, and I feel like I'm starting to hit a wall and don't know where to focus my efforts next. Right now, everything looks like a nail to my Wiggs/Lando/STHan +1 hammer, and I feel like I'm starting to run up against the limits of that, but I'm not sure where to put my next effort.

https://swgoh.gg/u/lesspopmorefizz/

I just got Teebo to 7* so I'm trying to Gear him up along with Rex to do Rancor stuff - I know Teebo/Rex/QGJ is the core of a great Rancor team but I dunno what to do for the last two spots. TFP and RG for damage/slow/tenacity down? Wiggs? Something else I don't realize I've got?

Similarly, I feel like my arena shard is ripe for disruption with nothing but rebels at the top (and one guy running droids) but I'm not sure what to put together to fight them. Any thoughts on what I ought to be farming with what I have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

How does that Teebo/EE/Phasma/QGJ/TFP team work? I get that it's generally about denying TM, but how do QGJ/TFP/EE fit into that tactic?

EE feeds turn meter to teebo and cleanses the death mark in P1; TFP applies tenacity down (and buff immunity in P1), and does tons of damage; GQJ removes TM on his basic after omega.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

My P1 team is probably poo poo. I have Zader now, so maybe I'll do that.

My P2 team exists, but it's only 500-700k on normal.

My P3 team exists, but it only puts up 500k-700k on normal.

My P4 team is full-on rebels and it's pretty okay. I do 3+ million damage every time I make the phase. Most of us do, though.

Don't use Zader on AAT P1:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bfju0MsDSWU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

lol, wtf is this bug?

No bug; grievous triggers his buff on damage taken, and each debuff tick counts.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So.... Zader/Zooku/Palp/TFP +1... (Fett? RG/Shore? Kylo? Someone else?)

Seems good.

In particular, Dooku under Zader seems like a hard counter to ST Han, to say nothing of just having another source of shock and stuns...

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Question about Vader Zeta and Palpatine: does the secondary damage to rebels, Jedi, and people with Shock when Palp casts shock trigger TM reduction? What about the end-of turn damage to anyone with shock?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Guess this means no more infinite Maul in AAT :(

Where's that from? I can't find the notes.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Zone of Danger posted:

New approach seems to be to give away marquee new characters for free at 3-4* with a mega-whale pack to fill out the rest. Not sure if that's an improvement or not?.

There's also a commitment to a timeline of introduce -> Chromium -> shipment/node, which is an improvement.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Jerkface posted:

Since all these op toolboxes are viable at low star level its really only important to unlock them. I like the new system for that reason. I wish they would add someone to arena gw and cantina shops tho

Depends what you need 'am for; low stars in arena works, but it's frustrating for raids. (That's not relevant for this batch in the current raids, but still.)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

Starts on 8 turn cd.

In practical terms, it's more like a two turn CD; just pair him with anyone faster than him with an AoE debuff.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So... thoughts on replacing my G10 Protection modded 4* Shoretrooper with Sith Trooper with (eventually) comparable gear and mods?

Especially given that I'm probably going to be switching over to a Zader lead (from my current Wiggs/Rebels setup) in the next week or two?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

He looks cool as poo poo, honestly. But his taunt will count for gently caress-all if the enemy is running a 250+ speed TFP, because no Zader/EP is that quick, and you need 2 sith special casts to get his taunt going. I know Sidious can get that kind of speed, but I'm dubious as gently caress about another Sith going that quickly.

I was planning on something like Zader/EP/Sith Trooper/Dooku/TFP?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

Oh drat, yeah that's rad as gently caress. He'll slot right into Zader, then.

Right. My thinking is TFP goes first, applies AoE TM down and ability blocks an opposing ability blocker - that should be enough for even a modest speed Dooku or Palp to go second and get a taunt up. At which point it's GG.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Zaul is definitely better in a vacuum, but I only have one Zeta to work with, and Zader is much more versatile and helps me do more things in the game. I've only been playing since September, and am level 83, about to get my first Zeta. Given that, Vader wins.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Burning_Monk posted:

So what is a more potent upgrade, Stars>Gear>Level>Mods? Trying to prioritize my resources and upgrades.

Mostly, but you'll find tanks get more out of gear than stars in many cases, and for characters that need to go first, speed mods can be more important than anything.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

Are you saying Zoba is the new preferred zeta? I was planning on Zader, but I can easily switch to Zoba since he's currently in my arena squad anyway.

Today was a cool day for me cuz I farmed my first zetas. For anybody that's not there yet, I got 2 on the 1st try, 1 on the 2nd. If that trend continues, then 6-9/week seems like the rate of return.

Zoba is appealing because it's not a leader skill; regaining 100% protection on a KB gives him a ton of sustainability to mop up in a close arena match. I don't know if I'd chase it first over Zader still, just because Zader offers so much utility for everything in the game - what it loses in not being the absolute best arena lead, it makes up for by being great in raids and everywhere else.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Space Crabs posted:

Wait what's this about? I'll be able to raid soon. Am I not supposed to do damage?

A lot of guilds have people tag in and do 0 damage to the heroic Rancor in the first 24 hours to make sure everyone gets credit because otherwise it dies in two hours.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So, I'll have 7* Vader with a Zeta this time tomorrow. For heroic Rancor, Zader/Palp/TFP/Rex/ ?????? Who do I slot in fifth? Don't have Sidious. Do have Dooku and Maul for 7* Sith, RG for 7* Empire (and could farm up tarkin pretty quickly I guess?)

Other options include QGJ for TM down, Boba Fett for dots... ?

I'm still a few weeks out from Phasma.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
This is a good read that goes a bit more in depth as to the why of various setups.

https://swgohindepth.com/heroic-aat-prep-guide/

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

So... I guess I don't understand what this is changing?

You can Sim all the different challenges simultaneously every ten minutes.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Longshoreman X posted:

My guaranteed character first chromium pack gave me Poe Dameron. Should I bother leveling him? Is he any good?

Poe's not bad. His synergy with Finn is really strong, and he's a perfectly usable tank in a lot of places in the game. He's not phenomenal when you're just starting out - you'll still want to replace him with ST Han ASAP - but he's a character that you'll absolutely want to max out eventually, so probably better than at least a third of what you could have gotten.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

CaptainAssholay posted:

I really like all these updates they're planning but have they announced when they're going live?

Mid-March; they're hewing pretty closely to an update every month.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

I can't point out enough that Maul absolutely loving wrecks this event, even my 5* 85 GVIII Maul just wrecked house.

If you have an maxed out Maul, make him your leader after the refresh, so folks can steal him.

But... we can't bring an ally to the event anyway?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

... what am I thinking of? is the nihilus event team-upable?

Yeah, but that ones all vs. Sith; allies that can put up healing immunity like Sidious could be good.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Numismancer posted:

Question about guild strategy, if such a thing exists? I'm in Cactusfly's Rocinante guild at the moment, and at level 74: https://swgoh.gg/u/numismancer/ etc.

My raid teams don't exist yet but I'm working on them (after the ships team, and the endless mod grind) . Since the guild I'm in regularly does 5* Rancor raids, and sometimes 4*, I actually get in the top 20 on these raids semi-regularly as I'm levelling up.

At which point should I be looking at going to one of the main goon guilds? I think I've got an advantage being in a casual guild right now, but I'm sure there's a best practice/strategy here.

I could also use a general 'what next' bit of advice, I've been getting my ships guys (Tarkin, TFP, Biggs, Boba, FOTP) to G8, getting all my arena team's mods up to 5* (almost done), and then was thinking I'd focus on Teebo, QGJ, Rex, EE for raid stuff. Is this a decent strategy?

You should look to join a guild doing T7 Rancor as soon as you have a 7* character. The rewards for coming in 40th are still better than doing well in the t5 raid. (A guild doing t7 tank would be even better, but most wouldn't have you until you can contribute. But guilds that can clear the 6* tank and heroic Rancor are a dime a dozen so join one and get rewarded for both until you can contribute.)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cidrick posted:

Also, a new update just went out that appears to have the new/better challenge rewards in place. I can't check because I simmed all my challenges today already.

Edit: Apparently there's multiple client restarts rolling out today for the QOL update

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/95671/2-27-2017-client-restarts-plural

We're already noticing changes in how power totals are calculated, along with the new challenge rewards.

Power calc is a display bug. No actual change.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Vulpes posted:

He has very high speed and only a one-turn taunt, which makes him a pretty sub-par tank, especially with no auto-taunt. Interesting kit for survivability but that's not much use when the rest of your team are dead.

Honestly, with that much speed, the point is clearly to taunt on turn one to neutralize the opening round burst that a lot of other teams put out and allow your other, slower units to start getting to work. In theory, after that, maintaining control is up to them.

I mean, if he's fast enough and has enough protection, he's basically as good as my Shoretrooper that gets Wiggsecuted all the time.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Barreft posted:

Does it at least help? Cause Jesus this is boring

The big benefit of being in a higher level guild is benign able to leech top tier Raid loot. Once you have a seven star character, any one seven star character, you can do that. And should do that.

Until then, whatever.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

I don't see magmatrooper mentioned much in the various raid compa in this thread, but he seems like he'd have good synergy in zader TM teams. (not an original idea, I saw him used in an Ahnald vid)

Is there a particular reason he's not popular?

Because outside of that fairly specific setup, he's worthless, and it's a lot of effort to set him up when there are so many good alternatives.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Guy in my guild got his Darth Nihilus up to 7 stars over the weekend. Pretty he spent $300 to do so on data cards alone.

It's crazy to me what people will spend on this game.

That being said, he's a god drat beast.

Only 300? Dude got a bargain.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Led Zep if it's a leader ability, ZP if not.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Woebin posted:

Depends on your definition. By including the speed-up option you can now spend up to 4x less time playing the game, which means 4x less time of boredom, i.e. more fun.

Saving squads is also about 4x less fiddling with that for every fight.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

It doesn't.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
The packs are relevant because when a heist is up you get a pop up trying to sell them to you the instant you open the app. It's the first notice you get that a heist is up.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Had my first node 12 from hell today with Zeta QGJ lead, GK, Yoda, Chirrut, Baze.

Fortunately still pretty easy to take down thanks to being GW, where I can use my Zader/Boba arena setup to kill Kenobi and then send in Wiggs and Co. to mop up, but I guess this is The Future, given that I'm 2,000 xp away from level 85.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Taran_Wanderer posted:

I didn't see anyone else mention it, but apparently Krennic and Deathtrooper got added to Chromium packs. Hopefully we'll see them and the rest of the Rogue One gang added to F2P in a month or two.

Also Baze/Chirrut/Deathtrooper/Cassian/Jyn (and I assume Krennic though I haven't seen him) are availiable for crystals from shipments.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

MichiganCubbie posted:

First things first, stop leveling all of your characters. You're going to quickly run out of resources to maintain yourself. Focus on 5-10 characters. You're in a great position to make a Droid arena team. Also work on farming a GW character. I'd go Biggs because you're going to be starting ships soon.

If you're going to build a droid arena team, IG-86 is the way to go. More importantly though, I wouldn't chase that unless you're in a guild where you can regularly tag in and leach kills on both raids - Jawa Engineer is critical and the only way to farm him is guild shipments.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

Get Credits. Or Assaj.

I'd normally agree with this, but one of the deva was hinting we might see some new shipments in a few weeks. So maybe hold off a little.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

While it's not an end game situation, I'm gonna try out a Zader lead in arena this week. I'm the only guy in the top 20 of ships on my shard running Executrix so I suspect I'm also one of the 1st to be reliably farming zetas. I certainly haven't seen any in the top 20 of arena.

My question is: what do you guys think about the rest of the team? My hunch is that high speed AoE approach will best leverage the lead. So: TFP & Sid. The problem is that now I have to choose 2 from EP, ST, RG, and Boba.

I'm working on Maul too with his zeta + lead next on my list.

I've been running Zader for about a month (was he first Zeta on my shard); you absolutely want TFP. I run Zader/Palp/TFP/Dooku/Shore, and I swap Dooku out for Boba and Shore out for RG sand maybe some other backline changes when I need to countercomp someone.

Sidious is definitely better than Dooku in my setup. If your Palp is fast enough, he'll do a ton of work too. In fights where he gets off that AoE stun round one.

Beyond that, if you can survive a round without shorty, leave him out, but otherwise, you want him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

I can see the benefit of Dooku being the 5th. Zader, TFP, Sid, Dooku, EP seems like it would get a ton of TM down chances.

Biggest advantage of Dooku, if you're not running a dispel, he gives you a chance to stun someone through the pretaunt.