Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kingtheninja posted:

what would happen if vision had hit Falcon? I assume he would have gone down like Rhodes, but would anyone have gone after him? Seems weird to me, like I felt they would have just let him fall and kept tracking the quintet.

As people have said before, Falcon could probably glide on his wings, and in WS he deploys a parachute when he loses his wings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

AngryBooch posted:

I'd love to see Black Widow take down a super villain out of her weight class in a straight up fight with cunning, planning, and spycraft. I love those comic storylines. Like BvS but not as... epic? Maybe the wrong word. Maybe a structure similar to the Thomas Jane Punisher movie.

Does Black Widow even have any villains that are kinda specific to her?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

BrianWilly posted:

I really, really, really want X-Men Apocalypse to be good. Or at least enjoyable. It's all well and good that all these MCU films are succeeding and we get to be all "these comic characters from my childhood are being done right!" but like, I was never a big fan of Cap or Iron Man or Thor or whatever growing up. The X-Men are my real faves. The X-Men are my home.

(:negative:)

Then you should hope it's bad and bombs and they end up working a spiderman-like deal where Marvel gets creative input.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Chickenwalker posted:

The Chinese love Titanic, Celine Dion, and the Backstreet Boys more than anything else in the world. They don't just have bad taste, they've perfected bad taste.

uhh but I've heard they love white people?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Speaking of X-Men costumes, here's a good video about that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BXP5XAkPt4

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Canemacar posted:

And let's not forget the plethora of super-intelligent scientists who could cure cancer, end world hunger, create infinite clean energy, and rid the world of all disease, but don't because they're too busy punching people in the face.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Argue posted:

They should solve this MJ problem by having white redhead MJ die and pass on the mantle of Mary Jane to a young black girl

A young black girl named Gwen Stacy

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lurdiak posted:

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but there's no reason for Superman to be buff or cut at all.

or have legs

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

He couldn't even get the most memorable line in his own movie.

Which of course is BONESAW IS READY

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

They had to delete that scene because it makes the viewer think Jubilee is going to be relevant

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- Kevin Feige says that Stan Lee has already shot cameos for the next 4 Marvel films. (Stay strong Stan. :smith:)

That's...kinda worrying. But holy poo poo I had no idea the guy is 93 now.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

poly and open-minded posted:

I would like a DC movie where the bad guy wasnt a hulking uncanny valley with too many close ups

How about a British guy with a mustache?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Ughhh.

On one hand it would be great to see a competent FF movie and like Dr Doom fight the Avengers and all that, but at this rate there's gonna be like 3 media conglomerates that own everything in 10 years.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

nerdman42 posted:

I think they've said Vision losing the Mind Stone might not necessarily mean his death, so I'm still holding onto hope that if Wanda dies, we get a movie based on the Tom King series. Which is stupid, but I'm still hoping.

My bets are Hawkeye and maybe Widow die. Cap and Stark pull a heroic sacrifice in either this or the next Avengers, each in a different movie.

We see human Paul Bettany in the trailer, maybe removing the mind stone turns him into more human looking...uhh somehow.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

mikeraskol posted:

He's got the stone in his forehead when you see him as human.

It looked more like a leftover scar at first watch, but I guess it could just be how they decided to portray the stone under his skin or whatever.

I'm just convinced that Vision getting clowned is like the one of the first scenes to establish how powerful Thanos is.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yakmouth posted:

Yeah, I could see that working.

Also, I heard Ty Simkins (the kid from Iron Man 3) is going to be in either Avengers 3 or Avengers 4. He’s a decent enough actor to take over the role of need be.

Still, it would be a shame if Steve survives. His trilogy was drat near perfect, a fourth Steve Rogers film would be pretty pointless compared to what you could do with Bucky or Sam taking up the mantle.

And I’m still not buying them both dying. Not unless they go at the same time. There’s only so much ‘meaningful’ death one movie can handle (see Rogue One, for example).

Well it's not like they need to make a 4th Cap film. Plus Steve needs to be in the Spiderman sequel where Peter realizes he should be idolizing Steve, not Tony. :colbert:

Ideally neither of them die cause I like both characters and the actors that play them

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

BiggerBoat posted:

Also, wait. X-Men: First Class sucks now? I've only seen it once but I recall liking it well enough and it seemed like most folks enjoyed it.

Does it blow?

You have to remember it in context. The previous X-Men movies, X-Men 3 and Origins: Wolverine, were both so garbage that when First Class came out people were glad to watch a decent X-Men movie again. It hasn't aged well with Marvel running circles around Fox and WB though.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Invite both kids and make them re enact civil war. uhh the movie one

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I really want heavy metal Cate Blanchett to come back

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Chill Penguin posted:

Edit: who could Jackie Chan play in the MCU?

Wolverine

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I liked Cap dropping his shield at the end of Winter Soldier. He would literally rather die than give up on his friend.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Rock should play Namor so marvel can have their own 'extremely muscled sorta brown guy that rules the oceans'

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Eh! Frank posted:

I loved the Hulkbuster fight, but i agree the ending to it sucked. They showed Hulk looking around dazed at the people running in fear and the destruction they caused, I expected him to revert to Banner due to his anger being replaced with remorse and horror. But nope, Iron Man punches him in the head once more and that somehow knocks him out after all the other fighting did nothing to really hurt him.

Whedon is just terrible at action scenes. Remember Cap's big moment during the sinking helicarrier scene was kicking a guy and somehow forgetting how to aim and fire a gun.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I can't believe Thanos and the universe's mom had the same name

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kai Tave posted:

Just got back from Infinity War. It's insane how consistently funny Dave Bautista is.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"An hour."

I was laughing my rear end off at "WHY is gamora?!" and him going "Do it Quill, I can take it!" as a huge gun is pointed at his face

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

CapnAndy posted:

I dunno, I feel like Thor sorta forgot his major lesson from the end of Ragnarok a bit.

"Okay so I'm not the god of hammers and in fact Mjolnir was a power limiter on me and I'm much more powerful embracing my nature as the god of thunder and just channeling the power... welp! Sounds like what I need right the gently caress away is a new hammer and to not even attempt to tap my super mode! Man, I'm good at thunder-godding."

In Ragnarok Odin says his hammer was to help channel and focus his power, so he's overall more powerful with a weapon. The movie even shows this by having him getting his rear end kicked in the beginning vs actually nearly killing Thanos at the end

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 30, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Monaghan posted:

woof beat Justice League's entire international run in the span of less than a week. That's gotta sting for WB executives.

At least they got their bonuses

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/11/warner-bros-execs-refused-to-delay-justice-league-release-date-for-fear-of-losing-bonuses-report/

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Big Mean Jerk posted:

If the X-Men ever appear in the MCU I hope it’s a complete reboot and we never see Wolverine, Xavier, Cyclops, etc. I’m so bored with those characters at this point.

Wolverine and Xavier yeah. But Cyclops still hasn't had a good film adaptation.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I mean, there was like a 50/50 chance, right? I was legit shocked that it killed him, myself. I fully expected to see him pop one of those GotG bubble-suits.

It's really his own drat fault.

I was expecting the spaceship to just beam him back in.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lobok posted:

So it seems like Thanos fires that first bolt (in mid-air!) and Strange counters by letting it pass harmlessly through an opening to the Mirror Dimension that he learned all about in his movie, and then he sends the opening towards Thanos? Thanos shatters it anyway but I'm not sure what that move was for. To shunt him into the Mirror Dimension, if only briefly?

Yeah, it looks like he tries to trap him in the Mirror dimension. Thanos counters it by just summoning a black hole and sending it Strange who turns it into butterflies.

The Russos should be consulted on future marvel movie fight scenes imo, pretty much everything they've done has been great

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Soul Glo posted:

yes, i understand why, you nerds

it's still lame

counterpoint: a thunder axe is way cooler than just shooting force lightning

zoux posted:

Alright, whats the worst fight in the MCU

The final Age of Ultron battle. They don't even pretend Ultron has a chance of defeating the hulk, much less the whole team.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah, more Cate Blanchett is never a bad thing. I hope her character comes back some how

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Fangz posted:

but didn't CD say he was working on his cut of justice league

It'll be released concurrently with Star Citizen

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It's also literally called 'The Dark Dimension'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zPEtyAsM94

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Fartbox posted:

I never understood what ethnicity they were supposed to be in the anime anyway. It's not like they look asian

You're just used to looking at them from a perspective of western animation, where a person devoid of racial signifiers is by default, white. If they want to signify someone is Asian, they draw them (and sometimes exaggerate) with smaller or almond shaped eyes

Now look at anime from a Japanese perspective, they don't draw everyone with almond shaped eyes because pretty much everyone in Japan has them. That's the 'default'. Instead they racial signify in other ways, stuff that Japanese typically don't have, like a huge nose

What really adds to the confusion is that stuff that helps animated characters emote (large eyes) and differentiate from each other (hair color that isn't black) is coincidentally also considered racial characteristics of white people (by white people)

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 5, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Fangz posted:

Where's my MCU farming simulator, game devs?

You mean Marvel Strike Force?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

CzarChasm posted:

There is also this (Haven't watched yet, but - eh)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6rWiM1BQ5E

Sometimes when I feel the darkness, it feels...good :emo:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dacap posted:

Because JACK POSOBIEC dug up these tweets

:staredog:

It's incredible how sometimes this poo poo seems to come out of nowhere

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I'm just gonna repeat what everyone is saying and Shazam looks like a fun movie and how the hell did an Aquaman movie ever get greenlit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

FlamingLiberal posted:

The last MCU film to appear on Netflix will be Ant Man and the Wasp. Starting with Captain Marvel, all further MCU films will appear on Disney's unnamed streaming service that starts next year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/07/ant-man-and-the-wasp-will-be-the-last-marvel-movie-to-be-released-on-netflix

2019 headline: Movie and streaming piracy sees huge surge in popularity

• Locked thread