Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I really need to figure out a reliable way to get to AAW shows.

The only thing stupider than ROH running in loving Chicago Ridge is apparently AAW running in Merionette Park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

C. Everett Koop posted:

Who the hell is Jeff Cobb?

Some promoter's brother.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Basic Chunnel posted:

The questions we're left with are: Which Neopolitan family is manipulating Italian TV viewership stats? And for what purpose??

Not really liking this new Assassin's Creed game.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Extremely cool and not at all gross behind the scenes video of Tournament of Death.

https://twitter.com/NeoShooter/status/741799635874906112

That man is wearing a suit.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Has anybody taken public transport down to an AAW show? I'm not missing Fenix and Pentagon again.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Chi...6182800!3e3!5i1

Looks like an hourish from downtown.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I know, wrestling, but mannnnnnnnnnn, Sami Callahan using Trump to get heat against Mexicans last night at AAW made me feel straight up dirty. Blergh.

(also Ciampa slut-shaming)

(the rest of the show was loving amazing, ZSJ wrestles so pretty)

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Oh, I've seen the Cage video stuff and wrestling has a long, storied history of racist heel work, this was just the first time I've been in the place while it was going down. Just weird to experience! Great show, though I've my nitpicks (5mins for Fox-Aerostar?). Killing me that I can't make the next one.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Dr. Baker posted:

It's not like AAW and PWG are in competition with one another so what does it matter.

The thing near me is better than the thing near you.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

oatgan posted:

let me tell you about a little thing called Oklamania

I'd really rather you didn't.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Chris James 2 posted:

This is the first time in a while I've noticed Homicide on a card, was wondering where he'd been

He was on the AAW show twooooooooo(?) months ago with Kingston facing Callahan and Dave Crist. Big brawl.

Super No Vacancy posted:

next Friday!

John Hennigan/Morrison/Mundo/Nitro vs. Sami Callihan
Chris Hero vs. Shigehiro Irie
Team Tremendous vs. Trevor Lee/Andrew Everett
AR Fox vs. Jack Evans
Ricochet vs. Dezmond Xavier
Eddie Kingston/Homicide vs. The Hooligans
Mat Fitchett/Davey Vega/Heidi Lovelace vs. The Killer Cult (Ohio Is 4 Killers/Jessicka Havok)

Also advertised: Kongo Kong, Moose, Kimber Lee

:allears: What are some good Irie matches to watch for prep?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

They also announced Cobb-Riddle for that show on the 16th at Friday's show, I think?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

4-man for a spot in the bola-killer was next. moose, josh alexander, kongo kong and matt cross, who is very gray.

Balding, greying M-Dogg20 is a reminder that time is a cruel and hideous thing.

Any of you cool AAW kids got an extra ticket for Cero Miedo because some idiot dad went and saw a movie with his kids instead of camping the website for one of the leftover tickets :mad:

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 23, 2016

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

tickets to the BOLA-KILLER go on sale this evening.

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/770267639050481664

friday at bourbon street is $50 first / $40 second / $30 third / $20 fourth fifth GA
saturday at berwyn eagles club is I think $10 more per tier

they just said they're announcing more talent for 9/18 tonight so we may not get any more entrants until after tickets are up

:f5: come on y'all i got things to do tonight

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

I totally spaced that AAW tickets went on sale and rushed back... at least they're delayed.

They're up now!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Third row for both nights, whee.

And to bring this up again:

Deathlove posted:

Any of you cool AAW kids got an extra ticket for Cero Miedo because some idiot dad went and saw a movie with his kids instead of camping the website for one of the leftover tickets :mad:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
That lineup pleases me greatly.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Grozz Nuy posted:

idk who Deej thinks the market for a televised CZW product is, or why he expects his company's garbage fans to not immediately poo poo all over everything to put themselves over when they do that already without the additional incentive

I just realized there was a family with an airhorn at the last AAW show during the Fenix match, and Sami Callihan was there, and man, say what you will about lovely CZW fans, The Sami Callihan Airhorn Extravaganza will never not make me laugh. Thank you for reading my stream of consciousness.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Guessing one of those is going to be vs. Callihan, which is why he's not in the tournament.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

oatgan posted:

because there is a God, and he is good Kongo Kong is replacing Eddie Kingston in AAW's Jim Lynum Memorial Tournament

This pleases me more than it should.

Is it because his face is the perfect wideness to replace Kingston's

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 27, 2016

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Bigass Moth posted:

Who is currently the best fat Indy wrestler?

I don't mean Chris hero fat, I mean earthquake fat.

That one dude in Team Tremendous? Also so very hype for Gulak-Cobb :allears:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

oatgan posted:

Kamaitachi dislocated his ankle or something and is out of AAW this weekend. Will be replaced by luchador sopresa

Gahhhhhhhhdammit, who would have thought he'd somehow get hurt??

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
it was a good night of wrestling. it was very good to see greg iron be awesome and then even better to see greg iron get murdered to death by cage

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Blast Fantasto posted:

Yeah I had a blast. I was sitting in the front row of the stage wearing my very loud maroon/gold satin jacket if anyone saw me.

I was a couple rows back of you on the rail. Your jacket is dope.

quote:

ACH also cut a promo saying he was "divorcing his wife" (RoH) because he loved this girl (AAW) more. It was weird but cool.

Thanks for this because I missed the logical leap about who he was talking about, but this plus him talking about "breaking the law" to be there fills in the blanks.

oatgan, I looked for you but all I got to see were a bunch of heavier dudes in Bullet Club shirts. Good prank.

Great loving show, though, if a bit long - I get why the filler matches but yooooo eight hours in two days is a drain. Bless their hearts, they went all out, though.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

gently caress, I just realized I'm out of town that weekend. If anyone wants a GA ticket, hmu.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Oh gently caress, does that mean everything in loving LaSalle instead of Merrionette Park/Berwyn? Or are they just running More Shows? (which seems unlikely)

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Super No Vacancy posted:

means more shows, I'm sure. they already have their 2017 dates in merrionette park/berwyn on their site I think. also they're running a show out in rosemont. I think dreamwave shows are always saturdays so they might book talent for the weekend and do merrionette park on friday and then ship everybody down to lasalle for saturday

That actually makes a lot of sense. Mix up the matchups some and maybe I'll even trek down to LaSalle. (I will not be doing this)

What's this about a show in Rosemont? e: oh, neat, bless your work.

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/796737772350566400?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw for confirmation.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
don't look up how old marshe rockett is, don't look up how old marshe rockett is, it will only remind you that youth is fleeting and time is horrible

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

oatgan posted:

Vice's documentary about Tournament of Death is up

https://twitter.com/vicecanada/status/798571296715993089

I had no idea the dude from hosed Up was doing stuff for Vice now. And he looks like he's lost a lot of weight. That's great.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

I was very un-hype about more Kingston and Homicide in AAW but now I am very very hype.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
How about that AAW show on Saturday night? ZSJ-Trent, Sami-Hero, and Mercedes Martinez destroying Kimber Lee's chest were my personal highlights.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
oh man, I totally forgot about that Alex Daniels dude! He was fun.

The tag title match was pretty bad, I thought, a lot of miscommunication, down to Fitchett being in the wrong dang corner for Everett's SSP and having to bounce across the ring to get there - agreed that the venue didn't do anybody any favors.

What'd Lo Ki do to himself? One minute he was in the ring and the next he was gone on the side of the ring for like, five minutes. I expected a big brawl (security came through and cleaned up all the detritus on the floor by the bar), and after he got injured, I guess they just audibled the entire thing in-ring, which is impressive all the same.

oh yeah and Prince Ali announced it was his last match with AAW but he couldn't say where he was going, soooooo hooray for that dude gettin' that 205 Live paycheck.

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 28, 2016

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

AAW Season Tickets just went on sale. :rip: my wallet...

Danny Daniels just got a five-hundo PayPal from me, boo-urns

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

coconono posted:

Shimmer started because of IWA-MS and ROH not booking enough women. The first few cards were essentially whoever wasn't booked that weekend.

I have 0 idea what's going on their political front and why they aren't working with other promotions more. Could be Prazak being stubborn?

The SHIMMER world championship was defended on the last AAW show, but Prazak's been involved there forever.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Blast Fantasto posted:

Chris Hero is the poo poo but whenever he comes out in a basketball jersey and trunks it looks super unflattering

If you can't handle his worst, you don't deserve his best.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

oatgan posted:

hell yeah bitch

no kongo kong, hard pass

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Cage of Death match: Devon Moore, Drew Blood, Dale Patricks, and Josh Crane vs Matt Tremont, Joey Janela, Jeff Cannonball, and Conor Claxton

totally read claxton as braxton and was really psyched for hoverboard spots in COD

REALLY psyched

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Grozz Nuy posted:

Good show but nothing earth-shattering. Was hoping for some debuts, but it was definitely nice to see Candice and ACH back. The opener was really good, it was probably my second favorite match on the card after the tag team match. Main event was good but way too long just like their first match.

Trent-ZSJ was probably my favorite match on the last AAW show, too. Japan did that dude good.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Dave Crist is a rich man's Sami Callihan.

You're saying given a choice between Callihan and Crist, you're picking Crist? I would like to hear more!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Yeah, it was disappointing but the end was great and Hero's promo after was one of the highlights of the night. At least the ratchet strap/duct tape fix worked and Fenix got to bust out some great poo poo.

I'm convinced that I'm cursed now because every show I go to, the match I'm most excited for has some freak occurrences ke Low Ki immediately getting hurt or the rope breaking.

Hero's promo was good, and Lovelace's was, too; I hadn't heard that she got signed. That was nice. I was sitting next to a kid who was super into the show. Always sit next to kids at wrestling shows. It was a Perfectly Good AAW Show. Davey Richards was a good surprise!

Pretty done with Homicide tho! gently caress a bunch of Homicide in 2016/7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
King Cuerno at the next AAW show at 115 :swoon: