Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
jeri ryan, thanks for giving us obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even though it will probably not be very good i'm still obviously going to watch every episode of std.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wasn't really paying attention to most of it, but was there a stated reason why they could only send over two people to attack an enemy ship?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Most of the rest of the crew was dead or incapacitated?

so there wasn't a technical limitation? man, that scene would have gone a lot differently if they had sent along a redshirt or two.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not doubting how they sent the two most senior officers over, just how they didn't send anyone else. i was wondering if i missed something since it was competing for my attention with a BRAND NEW KITTEN, and obviously std lost that battle.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Peachfart posted:

The biggest flaw in STD is that it is a mash up of crap they have done before, crap that makes no sense, and the same crap you see on every military/cop show at 9pm on your favorite station.
Which all mixes together into being incredibly boring.

no, the biggest flaw is the scenes where the klingons talk

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's nice that they have a large budget and competent actors. too bad about everything else, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, that comparison isn't entirely fair. after all, winn won her election.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
whereas std seems to be going for the scary foreigners who speak their scary foreign language, hate the federation for their freedoms, and only respect force. i suspect that next they will go after the federation's women.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't like spores

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe they should have gotten some engineers for their science vessel instead of just a smarmy mushroom researcher?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the scene where worf melts off crusher's face with acid will never stop being funny

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
really they were just horrified that anyone would use the holodeck for something other than public domain yawnfests and unspeakably obscene fuckfests.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ha ha, it occurs to me now that into darkness may have been made and released without anyone involved ever having watched wrath of khan or the tos khan episode. well, aside from nimoy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hot
hot
hot
insane
goober
rear end in a top hat

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he forgot about the part where his self-insert becomes an honorary klingon and then has sex with a lady

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Automatic Slim posted:

I love this man more and more.

The reason why I thought it was the pilot is pilots try things and actors and then retool for the rest of the season. For example, the uniskirt. Troi wears one, Yar wears one, and that one dude on deck six wears one. You never see it again for the rest of the season. With good reason.

e: What the gently caress are old age pills?

it says "old age, pills". might as well ask what "old age pills liquor cocaine" is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they get real jazzed about any form of sentient life in next gen.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the federation is so smugly superior that they think everyone will come around to their way sooner or later

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol, janeway can dupe shuttles

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it would only have died after one season if it was good

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
discovery makes me mad due to how bad and wrong it is. lost in space is mostly just boring family drama.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's also the visit with jolly benevolent satan episode

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
willful denial is the most powerful force in the universe

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kitchner posted:

I think you have to wait another 200 years or something before someone will come along and gently caress you though.

poo poo, not again!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'd say peak worf was when he was in a dominion prison with garak and martok and his superhuman ability to take a beating won the day. like yeah, it was about his tenacity and strength of character and it was a really good scene, but it was still worf getting worfed so hard that all the jem'hadar stood up and clapped.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I always saw him more of a spy that got his burn notice and doesn't officially have a job/has very few favors to call in.

because that's what later episodes revealed him to be. i found garak's earlier appearances much more interesting once i realized he was trying to hook up with bashir.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the helmets came off after they got circle-strafed for a while. once someone shoots their weak point (forehead spoon) a few times the helmets will come back.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
having a room that shows your greatest fears is probably a good screening process for starfleet. after all, there is a very large chance that any starfleet personnel will run into some malevolent god-like alien who will show it to them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I think I read this except it was set in the new republic so an evil Jaina Solo was going ham on them. Also she force persuaded Picard into raping her. It was really bad.

it should go without saying that crossover fan fiction is amazingly godawful

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
everyone knows that if any of the main cast of st were banging it was mccoy and spock

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The General posted:

Rumour has it Picard could be getting his own show.

wow, it's so weird how they never mentioned that picard was also spock's adopted sibling before just now

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when humans get homesick they just chow down on raw unpeeled onions

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i want to see the little story which precedes 'steak'

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she really did do that replicator vegetarian thing once, right?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Noctone posted:

Dukat did nothing wrong

getting all hopped up on satan ghosts was pretty wrong, actually

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the main plot of b5 was great, but it had some truly dire standalone eps

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i really liked earth's slide into fascism. no matter what, humanity never fuckin' learns.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
bester is great, chekhov sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, there were a cubic fuckton of one-off q-ish characters in tos.