Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I was just thinking how silly it is that Discovery Klingons look the way they do but you got Worf looking normal in Picard and I just looked it up and saw they're back to the normal look we've seen since TMP for Strange New Worlds. I wonder how you come up with an in-universe explanation for that? I don't think you bother.

I am in the middle of a trek phase and happen to have recently read that they acknowledge that Klingons sometimes change their appearance and Worf says “they do not discuss it with outsiders” so we’ll never know the “real” reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Facebook Aunt posted:

I wonder about klingon OSHA. Klingons don't generally seem cautious, but redundancies are built into them from the ground level. There is no glory to dying in your sleep to a leaky valve.

If the klingons are based on the soviets they have less redundancies than the federation in order to make room for more fightin stuff. Then again most starships seem to be relatively spacious so maybe they’re not making those kind of trade offs.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Do people know this is his entire name? Like wikipedia'd for context and:
Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abdurrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi