Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
pls make widow only silhouette people currently in her scope namaste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Nihilarian posted:

Shield aiming on console is definitely tougher, yeah

A little but tbh, I step back and recharge my shield (both life and cooldown versions) and lob grenades anyway. Anyone who gets a shield should be on the front line ahead of me and it's a short cursor distance to hit them.

Also, console, lol

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

funroll loops posted:

It really feels like they hosed something up with the netcode. As Roadhog especially I was getting tons of hooks behind me and point blank shots that were doing literally no damage.

Seriously, junkrat and pharah are miles off on my screen but not on my killcams

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

adhuin posted:

That's probably just observational bias. You remember huge losses and tiny gains more than small losses and huge gains (because you totally earned those).

Check your competitive statistics.

Mine is 29/63 won and I'm 2 levels lower than in beginning. Checks out.

I'm at 47% win rate and I've dropped 4 points.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Am I crazy or are Ana's tracers and gunshots a little too quiet? I feel like I tracking her is going to be a loving nightmare. At least Widow has those giant fuckoff trails that point right back to her.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
I figured out my difficulty tracking Ana's shots! Only her scoped rounds leave the tracer, so hipfiring like most people do is much less noticeable to me.

I just don't find her personal sound (the little hiss noise) very distinctive during a fire fight V:shobon:V

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Brannock posted:

Hanzo took the most severe hit. Basically everything I'm saying in this thread also applies to the other projectile characters. Projectiles are already at a significant penalty compared to hitscan thanks to travel time, why should they require hitscan precision?

Because we interpret the game visually and having things correspond to what effect they are going to have increases player enjoyment? Maybe make the tick rate faster, the hitboxes correlate to the model and balance the game through damage, ammo, and projectile speed and other understandable mediums rather than bizarre invisible mechanics?

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
I don't really understand why Blizzard made a game with quick reaction movement skills (guardian angel, tracer blink, genji dash) and then made the servers too slow to realize you've used them to dodge.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Vargs posted:

Don't set up until you're reasonably sure that the enemy team is distracted by your own team's push. It usually works out then. You can also get it up to level 2 (and then 3) very quickly by ulting.

For extra fun, build your turrets up on the moving platforms near Volskaya B. Try not to just spam them in there by themselves to get destroyed instantly though, because then you're just feeding the enemy ult. The fact that attacking the turret builds ult is Torb's biggest issue imo.

I'll happily trade away turrets giving ult if they stop building it for Torb.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
I'd like to see Orb of Discord, mercy boost and Nano Boost be 30% increases.

50% throws a bunch of characters out of balance.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Nitramster posted:

Torb is great against teams that don't communicate where the turret is. Even lovely players that talk can at least shoot it.

I've tried using Torb in ranked matches a couple times and the turret is usually good for 1 or 2 kills then gets destroyed and then you're useless because you usually don't have the time to build another turret if they got past your front line anyways.

Honestly torb could upgrade his turret in 1, maybe 2 hits and I'd be fine with it. Some damage falloff to prevent it from sniping better than most players would be good too.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Corbeau posted:

Ana doesn't seem very good, but I was curious and checked TviQuE's stream and :stare:

He's just waiting for Genji ult + Ana ult and wiping the enemy team every single time. Often through multiple stuns that ought to mean instant death. I mean, I know, not an average player, but good lord that doesn't look even remotely fair.

Ana's ult is stupid good and I have no idea how it made it to live.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Give symmetra a fading overshield ala Lucio ult that she can do by locking on to allies.

On second thought that's prolly way to good.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
So I tried out new McCree for the first time because I am the worst hitscan player on Earth.

I got a Quadra with his ult and now feel I can safely retire.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Soothing Vapors posted:

lmao at everyone who is so grievously offended that D.Va's ult can actually kill people now

I don't really like its huge range compared to some other ults, but hey that's kinda the special thing about it

e: on 2nd thought, it falls into a similar category as Deadeye

Unoriginal Name fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 25, 2016

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Her Matrix is by far the strongest defensive ability in the game and it's about as spammable as Pharah's flight, while having easily the best ult among Tanks (and a contender for top 5 Ults in the game honestly). Being a 500 block of armor is pretty big too, despite her massive headshot box because you can only crit her from the front and she will have DM up anytime you can deal big damage to her. Her range is poo poo and she's still slow, but then again that's the same with every other tank and now she has a lot more strengths then most of them.

Also they should probably get rid of that whole "you can still self-destruct if they kill your mech" thing now, before the trade off on doing that was you would probably die from the blast but now you just punish them for shooting your mech on the objective.

I like how they gave her the same amount of useable time on Defense Matrix while letting you use it exactly when you want.

I really think it should have 3-4 sec cd if you use your whole bar so it has some management to it, rather than being intermittent interference no matter what.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Mystery Machine posted:

I don't get why people think D.va's matrix is overpowered. It feels like it has a good amount of tradeoffs versus Rein shield. Her ultimate is cool but arguably worse than Rein's, at close range she's not really as good as him, and has meh ranged utility. I feel like she is competing largely with him for a slot, and I feel like they're on a similar level of power. You counter D.va shield by not shooting it, and you counter Rein's by shooting it. All the other tanks are really good, D.va's just finally caught up to them.

If you don't shoot it, she doesn't use it. How is that a counter?

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Brannock posted:

:rolleyes:

It's mainly because it can be used on reaction and has much longer range than the rectangle. D.Va can actively save teammates from Roadhog and McCree.

That was an honest question. It's an active skill rather than passive like Reinhardt's shield. With no damage limit and absorbion, rather than blocking, it can completely cancel certain ultimates. (Mei, Zarya and Reaper alll come to mind). You are forced to attack her to get her to use it, or she can just straight delete shots. I really don't get why people compare her to Rein at all.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah. I mean don't get me wrong I love playing Symm but most of the time all you're doing is lobbing right clicks down a choke since it's the only thing you can do safely. Once you get the port down you can try to flank and eat squishies but with no escape or movement options whatsoever it's almost always a suicide run.

Give her an E that she can place like a regular turret that gives shields if it can or decreases the shield recharge delay to people in range. Put it next to your port to give your allies the shield as they come in, or put it near a choke point to act as a mini-mercy for your team.

That doesn't solve any of her fundamental ult problems but at least 'where should I put my shield drone' is more of a decision than 'oh someone used my port I should find them and press E at them.'

Hard light platforms would be mega cool too. Hell, give her three or four different types of emplacements but a limited pool for all of them combined.

Make her turrets heal a single nearby friendly, like a stationary Orb of Harmony and turn her E into platforms, so maybe you can put a teleporter somewhere useful for once

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

mmr has nothing to do with your level and never does in any game ever made

Somehow I doubt the level 6 in my quickplay game has managed to generate a similar MMR to my 100 some-odd levels. I don't doubt this because I think I generate constant MMR, or that I can't have fallen low enough to be paired with them, but because I only get paired with them when I partner with my friend.

What I'm saying is that the MMR and matchmaking for groups is poo poo.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

breaks posted:

What you're saying is that your friend's mmr is dogshit.

No, when he plays solo he plays kinda mediocre opponents, not you know, literal level 6s. The matchmaker just thinks that filling them into a 2 pair setup somehow constitutes a reasonable average of MMRs and teams. Which is retarded.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Has anyone talked about how fantastic Junkrat's new Highlight Intro is

It's animated too quickly and the background looks like poo poo

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Magic Underwear posted:

Actually it is a very calculated money grab. It's all a matter of degree. They had the entire spectrum of models to choose from, from "everyone gets everything for free instantly" (no profit, huge goodwill) to "special crates that you must buy and can't get from levelling, items can't be crafted" (biggest profit, huge loss of goodwill). And everything in between.

They very specifically chose a model that has no upper limit on the amount of crates you might have to open to get a specific item. That doesn't happen by accident. This offends some people's sensibilities and doesn't offend others. Personally I find it pretty ungenerous, especially in a full-price game.

Protesting against this is like decrying how cars have a base model and cost more for power windows and poo poo though, it's just how it is. Being a pack of loving whiners about it is asinine, and pretending it's a moral stance doubly so. It is a prevalent business model and human nature will make it an effective one.

If it really offends you morally, just don't have a leather interior and no one will give a gently caress and you can feel good about yourself.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Cowcaster posted:

knocking his damage down to mccree levels wouldn't fix it either since then you could just play mccree

keep the damage where it is but make it unable to headshot?

remove the headshot, make a full draw do 120 and decrease his rate of fire, drop the cooldown on scatter arrow

make him pharah

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

Roadhog is a good compromise then, especially since his ult shits out bullets like crazy.

F..f..four whole rounds?

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Give discord a 2 second cooldown

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Bolow posted:

Find me a better way to convey someone is near death that can be said in 3 words or less

Also stop being so tilted :greenangel:

Low.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Make her turrets deploy instantly and hit multiple targets at once.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Until they list damage to shields as a separate metric, Damage Done is completely meaningless

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Brannock posted:

I really feel like you get way too much bonus time for capturing the first point on any given map. King's Row gives you 2:30, Hanamura gives you five minutes...

On one hand, 5 minutes to bash your face into Hanamura B could be seen as reasonable.

On the other hand, gently caress HANAMURA and gently caress every minute spent playing on horribly designed 2CP maps.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

TheRationalRedditor posted:

Competitive FPS map design is in no way comparable or equivalent to any other genre with 3D maps at all, and Blizzard has never made an FPS before. Also, OW's maps are overall really thoughtfully designed except the handful that undeniably favor Defense a bit too much. Cowcaster is right, the statement was stupid

Arena maps are pretty much 3rd person KotH though?

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

rumble in the bunghole posted:

sombra has no idea who mcree is.

Anyone pointed out the guardian omnic connected to Rein in the top left?

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

zen is the same speed as everyone but genji/tracer

And Sombra. And D.Va. And Lucio. And a jumping winston, or a charging Rein, or Mercy with a Guardian target or any of the other characters with abilities that move them

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Just bring the radius back down. If it has all of your character benefits tied to it, why does it need to be easy to hit?

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

PantsBandit posted:

Ana having a higher pick rate should automatically tell me she has higher heals per second than mercy? wtf?

You're being an insulting prick over this for no reason.

I mean, if you're gonna create hypothetical scenarios then don't be surprised when someone points out how they're wrong and why.

Ana and the three tanks exists because her HPS is berserk. You didn't bother examining this. Instead you're off imagining a creating deathmatches with Reaper in Flankerland. D. Va's fat rear end and Defense Matrix buy her plenty of time to not die to a 1v1, thus her superiority to Reaper.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Irony Be My Shield posted:

They should probably nerf Ana's HPS (maybe through her clip size?) significantly so it's well below that of Mercy. She'd still have a niche as a burst healer with other powerful utility options.

Burst healing is the only relevant healing. If she also has strong utility, why would you play a sustained healer (like Mercy)?

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
The straight dps comparison changes a little when you add in 75 extra shields and don't assume every part of D. VA's shotgun hits Symmetra's skinny rear end model.

You can still just leave though.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Kai Tave posted:

It's really easy to hit people with D.Va's boost/melee combo though, both of which have generous hitboxes and together do 80 damage in a chunk. Symm isn't really the rough part of the equation, it's Reapers and Meis with +75 shields and maybe +75 armor from Torbjorn that get ugly fast.

The upfront damage helps but boosting into Symmetra leaves you with no out. You are charging into a prepared nest and hoping your aim is Good Enough. It's situationally dependant on whether she's vulnerable or you are, obviously, but it's pretty rare for Symmetra to be charging out of safety unless already she's ramped up and ready for murder.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

I mean even if Ana gets nerfed, we might need to look at just how survivable tanks in comparison to the damage they deal. They nerfed everything that actually could kill tanks because tank mains kept crying foul and now we have this poo poo to deal with.

I mean, when one of your "tanks" has a one hit combo for nearly every non-tank, you might wanna think about how that shifts your meta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Slime posted:

Thing is, without that combo Roadhog suddenly becomes terrible. His viability is based on having that combo available to him. Otherwise he just walks around not hitting anything and feeding ults.

Maybe he needs an actual mitigation skill and subsequent nerf to his one-hit potential so he's not a dps class with 600 health and a self heal then.