Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
My Jinx Overwatch shirt came and I am totally going to goon it up tonight and wear it while playing the game. No shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'll probably just throw myself out into the discord LFR room. I only have a few OW Goon friends on my list (so far!) but I look forward to playing with you all eventually.

Yay, fun video game!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Eonwe posted:

hey guys im gonna play this

Not if I play it first!

Edit: apparently this is not how this works, so I will also be playing this game. See you in it!

Aranan fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 23, 2016

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I am pretty much never on fire and hardly get any medals. This means I suck, right?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Just like the beta weekend and open beta, this game is a lot of fun even if I am terrible at it.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Oh boy, I just opened my first legendary from a loot crate!

Legendary currency? I mean, I guess that's not bad.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

40-Degree Day posted:

Would rather have currency than a random legendary skin, imo.

Yeah, I'd definitely rather get the 500 gold/credits/whatever than a legendary skin for a character I don't enjoy playing. I just got all excited about the prospect of maybe getting a cool Ra skin for Zenyatta or something, and instead got half of a skin. But it's half of whatever skin I want, so that's neat.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Mouse sensitivity chat. Where are all the settings found for your mouse sensitivity? I am on windows woth a logitech mouse, so from what i can tell its control panel, Logitech software, and in game. Do all these settings do the same thing? Control panel and in game are just labeled sensitivity with either a number scale (in game) or tick marks (control panel) but the Logitech software is showing DPI.

I am a bad nerd and don't know what all this stuff means.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Figures that my first two legendary skins are both of the Kali looking ones for Symmetra. At least they look kind of cool.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Quick question: What do you guys use to record gameplay/highlights? I want to save a few decent ones and maybe record some games later.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

exquisite tea posted:

Nvidia Shadowplay is very easy to use if you have a Geforce card and doesn't have much of a performance hit at all.

I have a Geforce, but unfortunately it's old so it doesn't support shadowplay. :(

Guess I need a new graphics card! :v:

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
All the streamers I've found are killing it with the offensive heroes. Does anyone stream support or tanks? I want to see a Zarya or Zenyatta tearing it up.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Awesome, thanks.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Thanks for all the tank/support links, everyone.

Now I have to stop being an old fart and figure out twitch. I like youtube because I just click on a video and watch it.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

hi angry thread am i lucky?

that's from 18 boxes and one bought with all my dupe money

You are very unlucky because you do not have either shark skins for Roadhog. :(

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

He doesn't blow himself up, though.

I've blown myself up as Junkrat a few times. Point-blank riptires that kill 3-4 enemies and myself have gotten me two Play of the Games!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Mercy is my least played support, so I gave her a spin today.

I feel like I am missing a core concept of how to play Mercy, because I felt pretty ineffective compared to Lucio. My healing was pretty low and I rarely got a chance to damage amp. I also died a lot because I swear my team knows when I'm in trouble, so they all hide from me which prevents me from zipping over to them. :(

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Verranicus posted:

How goony is the Discord? Will I get heckled for being bad?

Probably not. I've been in a few different groups and nobody's been heckled yet. There are a few people who get salty and whine when they die, but the vast majority of the time it's just positive experiences. I'm honestly a little surprised.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I got teabagged for the first time tonight. This is actually my first experience with this phenomenon. I feel like I'm one step closer to being a real FPS player now.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Lady Naga posted:

My favourite hero right now is probably Zarya, she's cool and cute and tough and literally every ability on her owns and she has a high enough skill floor that pubs hate playing her so I'm free to style with her without anyone crowding me. I still have to beat the tendancy to pre-emptively shield out of my head and I still don't think she's as fun as early beta D.Va though.

On another tack are there any good Overwatch Youtubers or am I stick watching Surefour and Seagull's stream?

Ster posts a couple videos, but I think he mostly is on Twitch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?4O4STAR?videos
Unit Lost Gaming / Stylosa has frequent content. I don't think he's one of the pros, but it's stuff to watch! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?unitlosttube?videos
Disciple has some videos as well, and he focuses a lot on Zarya. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?DisicpleLovesYou?videos

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Earlier today, I had a blast playing defense with some goons on Hanamura. Our team was 3 Torbjorn, 2 Bastion, and Symmetra. I got the carwash achievement and chainsawed down some guys--finally got to put one of my three legendary Symmetra skins to use. I barely play her, but I have both of the Kali looking skins and one of the Architect ones. Sheesh.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
^^edit^^ I have icewalled off many ultimates and it's always super nice to get recognized for it. It makes up for the times I kill my allies with the wall. :v:

I was playing as someone squishy (I don't remember who) and was getting shot up pretty bad, and then Mei icewalled and saved me! I thanked our Mei in voice chat for saving my life, but our team didn't have Mei...

It's nice to be on the other end of that icewall shenanigans sometimes.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Where is a good place for Symmetra turret placement right at the start on Route 66? I've tried inside the various train cars, but they are all so visible that they get smashed immediately. I tried on the underside of the bridge right after the payload, but it's difficult to place them there and they also don't last long. The gas station doesn't seem like a great place, either. Any suggestions?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm still pretty bad at this game, but after some games tonight I feel like I may actually be improving.

Added bonus is that it's been fun the entire time. I like this game. :3:

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Papercut posted:

I finally saw my first salt tonight, the other team flipped their poo poo when they lost the payload portion of King's Row to 2x Torb + Bastion.

The first salt I encountered in this game was from a goon in a Discord-organized goon group... Was pretty lame. Thankfully he left after we lost the game that prompted his NaCl spewing and the rest of the group had fun for a while until we all split up.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Fans posted:

The issue with D.va is fiiring her guns slows her down, but for Winston it doesn't. Or literally any other character in the game, she's the only one with this problem and it's pretty crippling because outside of close range her guns are trash.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Blizzard used the "slowed movement speed" downside in a few games, only to take it out later? I know the Druid in WoW had a healing form with reduced move speed for an expansion or two before the self snare got removed, and I'm pretty sure the Crusader in D3 had some kind of movement speed penalty tied to a frequently picked passive before the skill got changed to remove the penalty. I wonder if D. Va will just be the third (or more) instance of removing a self-snare from a Blizzard game.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Do you think Zarya's natural hair color is pink?

I bet it is, because heroes never dye.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
It's kind of dumb that people who play a close game with back-and-forth pushes and counter-pushes that goes into overtime type into chat ":cry: You're making the game unfun for strangers!! :cry:"

I've been in two discord groups where people type this at the end of a match and it's pretty lame. I guess some goons just want to play pubstomps all day against AFKers and literal babies. Usually it's the same people that drop the whole group from the match so we wouldn't have to play against people around our skill level. It's a shame, because most of the groups I've been in have been pretty chill and I have a really good time chatting while shooting Red Team.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

8one6 posted:

I actually really love it when matches are close. I'd rather lose a KotH at 99/99 on overtime than win with it one sided.

:agreed:

Payload maps where the first point goes to overtime, then each consecutive point goes into overtime before the very end is great regardless of who wins.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I want two settings in custom matches:

1) Make heroes constantly take damage when touching the ground.
2) Disable Widowmaker's zoom in ability.

Then I could set up a 6v6 Widow fight with 0 cooldowns where the ground is lava, forcing everyone to constantly hook around like Spider-man with an assault rifle.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
My non-goon friends are pretty good at this game and I am quite bad. This is troubling, because anytime we play together I figure it averages all our MMR scores together or something, so we go up against stomptastic teams that destroy me. I'm trying to tell myself playing against better players is how you improve, but drat does it suck dying all the time and getting zero medals in a match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
It explodes forward. Just think of it as firing your M1 shot from a distance.