Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Just ran into a lvl 127. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I thought it looped back around after 100

yup, 27 with different colour frame and the star under it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Your Computer posted:

I think they've pretty explicitly stated that he's an anti-flanker, but like you say he's anti-everything right now including tanks. It sounds like they want to change him to no longer instant-kill tanks, but he'll still kill Tracer, Genji, Reaper, Junkrat, Pharah, Soldier: 76, Bastion, Hanzo, Mei, Torbjörn, Widowmaker, Lúcio, Mercy, Symmetra and Zenyatta (and let's face it, D.Va) guaranteed with no chance of retaliation if he gets the drop on them. Once every 10 seconds. I think that's dumb.

Of course, the changes haven't actually been done yet so who knows what'll actually happen.

And Zarya. His fan hits for 420 damage if all hits connect, Zarya has 400 hp :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

exquisite tea posted:

I know this is a controversial opinion itt right now, but I think that McCree should still be able to kill dudes after fan is nerfed.

Sure, but having a "gently caress you I win" insta-kill button against 85% of the roster is kinda silly.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

that's precisely what I'm saying

But with that mentality, just never go indoors. Also stay out of open areas in case there's a Widow.

You know what just stay in the spawn point.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Prav posted:

that is indeed the correct play in order to not enter situations where mccree or widow have the upper hand

A strange game...

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Tales of Woe posted:

McCree with lower fan damage should be reasonable. Meanwhile, Widowmaker still feels like she was dropped in from a different game without Blizzard's design values.

Yeah, but how low?

Right now he has a 420hp damage potential. That kills 85% of the roster except for Reinhardt, Winston and Roadhog. If you tune the damage down to say, 300 he still murders everyone but you just add Zarya (at 400hp) to the "survivors" list.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

exquisite tea posted:

The proposed changes to POTG sounded interesting. Like what I got from it was that instead of just watching a Widow lazily scope 3 people it'd maybe zoom out to an external camera of those chumps going down in 300 slow-mo style.

Sniper Elite slo-mo x-ray kills. :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

I think you have the gift of Salt, Naga.

PantsBandit posted:

Do you people somehow have versions of Overwatch that don't turn every little curse word into ****** *** *****?

You can turn language filter off in... gameplay options I think?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Your Computer posted:

Having "Lady" in the username probably doesn't help, considering the internet :(

I speak from experience.

Lady Naga posted:

Yeah this is pretty much the thing.

Also being a lady but I sound kinda mannish so I avoid most of the voice harassment.
That's super lovely and I'm so sad it's still a thing. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
A few nights ago we went like 4 or 5 matches in a row against the same group; first round they won (Dorado defense) and a dude called "FARTDAWG" or something like that started talking poo poo.

Every round after that we crushed them, particularly because they never contested the payload. At least 3 or 4 times we would be reaching a checkpoint and they'd have a Bastion or a Torb off to a side of the point and someone from out team would just be walking alongside the payload using it for cover, or just capping a point while they took potshots from outside.

They eventually wised up and began putting their Bastion in the point, but by then we were already steamrolling them (all the time making fun of FARTDAWG because he kept dying and being useless) and they ended up ragequitting.

It was a fun night. :D

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Snazzy Frocks posted:

usually its not the other team ragequitting as much as the game doesn't want you farming them for mmr anymore

A man can dream. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kanfy posted:

Also I can't decide between Posh and Sporty for Tracer, I like the golden arm thingies on Posh but the black outfit of Sporty looks real cool as well.

She's British, of course Posh is the answer.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

flashman posted:

if someone told some random dude in quick match to switch from mei the rest of the game would be following him around ice walling him in unfortunate circumstances for sure.
Not an emptyquote.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Help Im Alive posted:

trigger warning

I shouldn't have clicked that. :negative:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ragequit posted:

Overwatch: Try countering this thread as a good post

Had a great time playing with goons last night - Edmond, Epsilon, someone that starts with K who played healer a lot, OrangeElex, and the rest. Nothing crazy happened, but I gave Bastion a shot for the hell of it at one point.

Wow is Bastion strong on Hollywood defense A. I moved around often and was unstoppable. We completely locked it down. He would feel more balanced if he could only heal up to 50% health, the heal was on cool down, or something along those lines. I could always top myself off - I only died twice because a Tracer stuck her ult directly to me.

The only shittalking (feigned) that happened was from the goons to each other at the end. Thanks for making me feel special about that Bastion potg! Also a big thanks to the Reinhardt that tried to shield me in turret form but making it impossible to see past his fat rear end. I always ended up moving. Overall a good time with a great group.

THIS TEAM IS poo poo.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

T.G. Xarbala posted:

That's actually what I started to do and Mercy's now my most-played hero.

Baby D.VA is a gateway drug to Mercy?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Papercut posted:

Bastion is pretty amazing in random mode since the other team can't counterpick.

Played random. Attack on Nunbani. Defense team gets 4 bastions and 1 torb.

We kill the torb.

He respawns into the 5th Bastion.

We lost.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Tonight we got into a game with three 150+ level dudes. One played Genji and on a whim I decided to check his playtime.

He had 83 hours on Genji alone.

:psyduck:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Oh hey, just started updating.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

hobbesmaster posted:

Every Reinhardt thinks they're that Reinhardt. Instead they rocket boost past the person they were trying to hit and get instantly killed by the entire other team. Then your healer/damage dealers hiding behind the shield that he abandoned are killed as well.

This is me. :negative:

Sometimes I'm a bloody monster with Reinhardt, the other 75% of the time I think I'm being hot poo poo when I'm just being warm rubbish. I have an itchy boost finger. :(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
My Mei-est moment so far (and I got a POTG for it which I completely forgot to record because I'm an eedjit) was a few nights ago attacking Anubis B.
We were running out of time, decided to push from the middle and the left side at the same time; I peek from the left, pop ult, and hear a 76 triggering his.

I put a wall up in front of him while we murdered the freezing bastion camping the point, dropped it and cleared the rest of the team (including a now frozen 76) with the two guys who were with me. Team kill.

When the POTG played, someone commended me on the 76-blocking wall. It felt awesome. :D

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kurzon posted:

How long does it take to respawn? 10 seconds or 15 seconds? It feels a little short.

10 seconds.

What's really stupid long is the downtime before matches. You get 30 seconds to pick a team, and then another minute waiting on the spawn point if you're attacking; they could just make the defenders spawn closer for the start of the game and cut 30 seconds of wait time honestly.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Trisk posted:

Reaper El Blanco & Mariachi

Elman posted:

what the gently caress

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Soothing Vapors posted:

I never used Whole Hog while Zarya is Going For The Tovlesteen because I didnt want to knock them out of it

my whole life has apparently been a lie

Please shoot into the Tovlesteen.

Everyone, when you hear your friendly Zarya telling you to fire at will, fire at will. This is a chance to wipe the other team, not a chance to fall back and leave Zarya alone on the bloody point.

/edit: also, let your friendly Zarya know when you have ult up. She'll line them up, you'll get POTG.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Manatee Cannon posted:

in my experience, it's generally a chance to make like one hanzo or something very sad

*Results may vary

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ddraig posted:

There's a tick under people's names in the score board if they have ult.

You know the most frustrating thing in the world? Seeing people with all their ults up waiting for Zarya to use hers.

It really doesn't work like that, folks. If you're waiting for that perfect opportunity you're probably going to be playing not-aggressively and if you don't play aggressively Zarya can't do her work and if Zarya can't do her work then you have loving wasted them.

Use ults when appropriate. Don't save them up for that big play or it will never come.

I don't mean saving it but if you announce it, it's easier than tabbing every few seconds to see the ult status of your team. Zarya's ult charges slowly so I'm usually a bit more careful when to use it, but if I know I have a charged Pharah behind me I'll be more likely to use it.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
It just keeps going. :allears:

Bluhman posted:

(note: despite feeling infinitely more satisfying to do, activating a Reinhardt or Lucio ult in midair will delay the ult until you hit the ground without any benefit which has hosed me up on more than one occasion.)
Counterpoint: jumping from a balcony or ledge on the enemy team and triggering Rein's ult in midair is amazing. :colbert:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Crosspostin', but eh. Got this and I'm happy so I'm sharing. :colbert:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Ragequit posted:

I have played 30 hours of this game and have maybe been killed by Lucio's doot like 5 times. It's an epidemic.

I spent half my time in Nepal Sanctum last night trying to out-doot the other team's Lucio; I actually managed to push him off the ledge 3 times but he always climbed out of it. The 4th one did the trick luckily.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Offensive Symmetra on chokepoints can be a nightmare though. Set up a bunch of turrets under the bridge on the first point in Gibraltar and jump behind the enemy lines when they first run into them and you'll laser chainsaw a bunch of them to death before they realize what the hell is going on.

At the very least they'll have to turn around to deal with you (and ignore the laser turrets and the rest of your team) which can be super useful as well.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Jinh posted:

Widowmaker should get the sniper rifle from bulletstorm :devil:

Only if they chenge her ult line to "I'll kill your dicks!".

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
For the past few weeks I've been getting destroyed; it wasn't even a confirmation bias thing, my matches either end with my team winning by the skin of our teeth or getting utterly curbstomped.
I went from like 57% win rate to 53, went 7 loses 3 wins in competitive (got ranked 43) and looks like my MMR tanked like a motherfucker, today I ran a few quick play matches and the highest level player in the whole match was a 30 (I'm 103). I don't know if everyone suddenly decided to git gud, or if I'm developing muscle atrophy and just haven't realised it yet. :negative:

On the bright side, there's something endearing about playing Mercy for a team of utter newbies and drag them kicking and screaming to victory against their best efforts (getting 3 gold medals in the process including objective kills and silver on eliminations), but man I'm super salty about the whole deal.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Minorkos posted:

what's a bitter

Something you make Old Fashioned with.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

CaptainScraps posted:

Ok. I was using him like a straightforward tank and people were just eating me. That makes a lot of sense.

Just remember to keep an eye on your shield cooldown when deciding where to jump. If you spot an isolated healer or flanker you can go for it, but if you're jumping into the backline you'll want it up or they'll murder you.

Also don't try to outdamage lvl.2 Torb turrets, you won't.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
No wonder suddenly both OW threads had 200 replies.

Changes sound amazing, I'm mostly playing Mercy lately (her changes sound really good) but I'm super psyched about playing D.VA again and actually being useful with Zen.

Too bad I'm utter poo poo at sniping and my ping is usually 200ms, guess I'm never touching Ana. :v:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Death comes. Death comes really, really fast.

https://giant.gfycat.com/PastelMemorableAfricanparadiseflycatcher.mp4

Crosspostin'

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

https://zippy.gfycat.com/KlutzyVelvetyIndianabat.mp4

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Just ran across this fella:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Theta Zero posted:

Let's see... Overwatch was released on May 24th, which was 55 days ago on this day, so 376 divided by 55 is...

7 hours of Overwatch daily since release, every single day of the week. That's 49 hours of Overwatch a week which translates literally to clocking in more hours than a full time job.

That's impressive.

poo poo, I don't think anybody actually works every single minute of their work week (apologies to anyone who does). I don't think I could focus 7 hours a day on a single task.

What's funny is, (s)he was utterly appalling at the game. And not even in a "bad at Widow" which he was playing, just bad at the game in general, it was really weird.