Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TODAY'S THE DAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e056R97svz8

It's almost time

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

LET THE SERVERS HIT THE FLOOR

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So, no one's gotten in yet, right?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Chasiubao posted:

After Diablo 3 you'd think they'd have figured this poo poo out :psyduck:

Problem is that there isn't actually that much you can do to 'figure out' literally millions of connections all trying to initialize at once.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ENTERING GAME

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's as beautiful as I remember

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

RIP Team Fortress 2, a new god-king has arrived

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Every other pubbie round I play makes me want to shake someone and scream in their face "STOP RUNNING INTO THAT POINT FULL OF 5 loving GUYS ALL BY YOURSELF JESUS loving CHRIST"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Papercut posted:

My favorite match today had 3 snipers standing just outside a capture point with zero enemies anywhere close. I literally took it from 0 to 100 by myself as they stood right outside the border of it

I remember one round where we got shut out as the attackers, and the best part was rushing out of the spawn as Tracer trying to make something, anything happen with under a minute left, and looking behind me to see a lone Widowmaker standing just inside the spawn doors, firing uselessly into the air.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

How the gently caress does literally anybody aim Zarya's beam well enough to make it worth a poo poo? Against even a tank that has any interest in juking around a little, I can't maintain contact for more than split seconds at a time.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I straight up can't understand what sort of loving idiot genuinely thinks it's a good idea to pick Widow and then wander gormlessly onto the front lines with her assault rifle for the entire match.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Also, I'm really trying to like Zarya but I struggle to think of anything she does that you can't achieve more easily with a Roadhog.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Papercut posted:

She's absolutely amazing on certain (all?) defense maps. She can basically entirely lockdown one or two side routes, spam her M2 into the central choke point, and let her teammates skip like 30 seconds of setup time on every death. She's real good.

How the gently caress does Zarya lockdown a side route with her 3 second shields and poo poo damage? Get more than one person on her and she's done.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anyone know if you get penalized for leaving during the setup phase? Or is it only during the match proper? I know the game stops caring as soon as Victory/Defeat pops up on the screen.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Edit: WROOOOONG thread.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Anyone know what happens if you kill Junkrat while he's steering the riptire?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

He retains control of the RIP-Tire and is brought back to the death cam as soon as the Tire detonates.

Aw, drat. I'd Traced him a few times today while he was on it, but I was never in a good spot to see what happened to the tire. Shame, I thought I was being a big hero. :smith:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm really starting to get a feel for Tracer, and goddamn she is such a loving joy to play when you're playing well and the other team isn't countering you aggressively. I love just sitting right in the middle of the other team's backfield, poking people and running away, leading folks on chases and skirmishes way away from the point, zipping past bastions and tagging them with bombs before rewinding away....God, you can make such a massive loving nuisance of yourself and it's just a drat good time.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So is there any scenario in which Genji is useful and where I wouldn't be better served by playing Tracer instead? I really want to like him but goddamn I am awful with him.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Genji is really strong on maps with lots of things to climb up, and also better against a few heroes like Bastion and Torbjorn than Tracer is. He's also much harder to be good with than Tracer is, like you said. His ult is a lot easier to get kills with though.

His shuriken are just so goddamn cumbersome. The weird rate of fire, the travel time - I can't hit the broadside of a barn with the drat things.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

McCree and Widow are both the worst characters in the game because they are goddamn worthless in the hands of a bad player and anti-fun in the hands of a good player.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What exactly are you supposed to loving do with a Reinhart sitting in front of a bastion on top of a payload? Because I hear a lot about how easy a gimmick that is to beat but I've yet to actually really see it beat and it's incredibly unfun.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Soldier and pharah spam the shield, it'll go down quick. Or junk rat lobbing nades at them

Only works if the other 4 guys on their team are bad enough to let you focus on them.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

There are few moments in video gaming quite so magical as when you find yourself directly behind the entire enemy team as a Bastion.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What's the consensus on New D.Va? I feel like my survivability with her has skyrocketed now that the barrier is so much easier to use, but I'm curious to know what other people think.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I've found that Tracer and Zarya have surprisingly transferable skillsets for heroes whose actual functions are so different

Care to elaborate?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Goddamn, new D.VA is so much loving fun. I've had so many payload or capture maps already where I just hide around a corner from the opposing spawn and just loving merc isolated people running back to the fight or charging into the back of enemy lines and then flying off before they can pin me down. You can be such a pain in the rear end now, it's great.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...I just thought to ask - does this mean you can block stuff that tries to go sideways through the defense matrix? Because you could really gently caress someone over from around a corner with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

KoB posted:

Yes, it extends out in front of Dva and nullifies any enemy projectiles going through it in any direction.

drat. That might be something to remember the next time I see junkrat bombs flying at my teammates through a doorway or from behind a blind corner.