Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I haven't heard/read anything about this game. From the brief video I watched it seems like a TF2-like but with a refreshed roster/maps/etc.

Is this supposed to be really good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
What is the cheapest way to get this game?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Atoramos posted:

This isn't correct in any way shape or form. Go buy it from Blizzard for $40 and you'll be paying less than G2A+Site fees

Thanks!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Good first game of the morning

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Zoness posted:

that guy thought pharah needed more hp in the previous patch. people should stop thinking he posts anything worth paying attention to

same but also nerf how much people want to play mei despite her uselessness

She is useless in pro tier. But the utility of a good wall has won me many games.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

objects in mirror posted:

Since competitive came out I really wonder why anyone bothers to play Quick Play anymore...

When you get a bad team you aren't stuck with them for extra rounds.

khy posted:

1) To practice with and use heroes I'm not good at in an effort to improve without the rest of the team screaming at how garbage I am with McCree when I have less than 40 minutes total playtime with him.

If you are going to practice a hero, please do it vs AI or practice range. The hard AI are better than most people anyway.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Oh I also forgot that Sudden Death is also really bad, and as bad as infinite overtime with 5x Tracers can be I'd honestly rather have that than a coinflip to see who gets to cheese their way to victory in 90 seconds.

So yeah, comp matches don't seem any better on average than your typical quick play match and are way more tedious to boot. Maybe it gets way better once you're in the coveted upper echelons of rank 70+ but since I'm never in my life going to be good enough at Overwatch to reach those levels it's an academic point.

The best thing about it now is hero limits

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Why? Practice range is good for getting the mechanics down but a real match is gonna get you a much better feel for the hero. The AI is super limited and just cheats with perfect aim at hard.

Now that competitive is around, I really don't care how my quick play matches go. I still try to win but they are perfect for getting better at a hero or if I just don't want to deal with the stress factor of comp.

Why? Because it's not a solo game and wasting others time to practice is lame. Sure you need a match against people to get some experience, but a lot of the basics, move mechanics and firing can be done in practice. Too many people playing characters they've never even looked at the moves.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

nickhimself posted:

There's a huge difference between trying to play someone better, and being a useless Genji on your team who thinks he's good but just dies all day.

Also, it's Quick Play. If you're getting mad at someone who'd prefer to practice outside of a competitive mode, you're a crazy person.

Not everyone wants to play Competitive mode, especially without a team. It's not the end all be all for a lot of people.

For some this isn't life and they just want to play a couple games a day. So when you hop in and there are people trying characters they never have, it's frustrating to get stomped and barely be able to play for the few games you have.

If people would switch characters it wouldn't be a big deal, but they lock into what's picked at the beginning to get those sweet sweet Medals.

Theta Zero posted:

I was able to log in just fine and I ran into Korean and Chinese players...for some reason. Maybe your internet is just wonky?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy5QS1RCE6M

Anyways, I booped about ~10 people in a single session as Lucio off of the map and then ran into this guy:

I already did that math. That's 9 hours of Overwatch a day, translating to 63 hours of Overwatch a week.

That's not only more hours than a full time job. Assuming this person sleeps for at least 8 hours, more than half of their time spent awake is spent playing Overwatch every single day.

That's dedication.

How can he spend this much time, be that low rank, and continue to waste more time?

goodness fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 20, 2016

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Verranicus posted:

It's just quick mode, and quick mode is the only way to get an accurate idea of if the way you're playing a character actually works against other people so get over it. If you want people to be good and on their game you play comp, which you can just as easily play a couple games a day of.

You can play one comp game in the time it takes to play 2-3 regular games a lot of the time.

DrSeRRoD posted:

If it's fun for them, is it really a waste?

Probably. Spending that much time to attain mediocrity, it's up to you.

goodness fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jul 20, 2016

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Verranicus posted:

You get 2-3x the xp from a long comp game so it all works out.

Do you play this game to get xp?

XP amount is far from the point here.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

No offense, but you seem like a turd

Just had 6 games in a row of people picking Ana, not know her moves, and never switching. So I could be right now.

Still, if I practiced anything new for 8 hours a day for a month I would have a lot more to show for it than a 50 comp rating.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

Maybe stop launching yourself unthinkingly into the air like the world's laziest clay pigeon and this won't happen. My Pharah game improved tremendously when I realized that it actually isn't very advantageous to stay airborne as often as possible and that "people don't look up" only lasts for the first rocket or two.

Repetition doesn't actually inherently bring mastery is the thing, and looking at the hours someone's played a video game and then sneering down at them for not having a better number beside their name is pretty fuckin lovely.

I wasn't looking down on them at all. If they want to spend so much time on something without any increase in their ability, that is their will. I'm worse at the game than he is anyway, but at least I haven't sunk 8 hours a day into it!

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Papercut posted:

I have a 65+% win-rate with Mercy and 30ish% win-rate with Lucio which means all these people saying Lucio is easy mode are obviously trolling me.

I've also realized that my lot in life is not to play characters that aim, unless it's Mei who I've got some sort of natural savant ability with the M2.

It almost feels like Mei's M2 has some sort of headshot homing effect. The amount I have fired off wildly that get hits are insane.

Maybe it's from playing Lich so much in dota.
Stay frosty nerds.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I wonder if the Genji/Hanzo crash exploit still exists actually

Just watched a video where Genji jumps in a small area a bunch and the server will crash.

Why does this happen?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Internet Explorer posted:

That's actually the problem with pretty much any goon group in a game that has matchmaking.

I still remember the good old days of Mechwarrior and stomping pub teams

SQQQQUUUAAAAAWWWWWKKKKKKKKKKKK

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

The worst is when you're planning to only use Symmetra for point A, and then you die right before the enemy takes it, and then the spawn room changes, and now you're stuck in the old spawn room and can't switch characters.

You can switch characters while waiting to respawn.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

poo poo is ddosed into the loving ground right now.

Blizzard can't stop this from happening with all the $$$ they have?

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

JackDarko posted:

I try actively to not allow poo poo talking to get to me but drat I had to mute all chat last night. I have never had so many lovely people talking poo poo in any of my matches. People would beat us and still talk poo poo. I miss competitive.

That is the time to talk poo poo. Can't talk poo poo after you lost because you were bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Rufio posted:

This kind of poo poo would probably make me want to throw. Let someone make their picks and if it isn't working, suggest a change.

Straight from the mouth of a widow main