Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
mercy and lucio are actually both fun

it's fun to heal people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Cowcaster posted:

I want a reverse reaper where killing people drops scooby snacks only your teammates can use.
that's basically torbjorn getting armor for teammates via kills

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
not really, no. it requires them to be kinda close to him which means you can't ever safely go indoors when a mccree's around because he could be around a corner in the building and flash you

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

PantsBandit posted:

The difference is that Mei is nearly unkillable if played right.
[citation needed]

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

PantsBandit posted:

Mei is in a small room. The two of you trade attacks, and you're winning. When she's about to die, she freezes herself. You wait several seconds for her to come out. Once she does, you trade attacks again, and once again you're winning. She puts up an ice wall and runs away. Sorry, you just wasted ~25 seconds trying to kill Mei and still failed, better luck next time!
So you're playing a character that is able to damage her faster than she can freeze/kill you, but is somehow simultaneously not able to kill her when she comes out before she reaches a point in this area where she can icewall to perfectly block you off because you're engaging her in a place that is perfectly suited for her from any angle so it doesn't matter if you circle around her while she's frozen to cut off escape routes?

I'm sure that's relevant >1% of the time, my apologies

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Samara posted:

$120 on loot boxes so far. I hate you Blizzard.

Samara posted:

I'm also the guy that must be $500 into Hearthstone.

Yea, at this point I wish Blizzard had frequent flier miles.
lmao

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

[x]

vug posted:

I'm getting the feeling that hanzo is a significantly more useful sniper than widowmaker as long as you can hit stuff with him. particularly when you're in a coordinated group because while widowmaker is a completely solo character and you can kind of ignore the team and do your own thing (as long as you're in the right place shooting the right people), hanzo can do stuff like light up enemy snipers or turrets and clear out areas with his dragons and stuff
widowmaker's primary weapon is way, way better than hanzo's. it's hitscan, charges very fast, has multiple shots in a clip with no need to descope after shooting...

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
"Is easier" is very different than "is better"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

totalnewbie posted:

What about Taimou? This clip looks suspicious AF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRo0Csl8P2Y
this clip isn't very suspicious

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Zzulu posted:

But it's the opposite of powerful. It means you're so weak you need a program guiding your hand to achieve success. It's so sad
Ok? That doesn't change that it makes them feel powerful, that's the reason that they do it

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Mortimer posted:

does zenyatta's orb of discord affect reinhardt's shield
no

Xenaero posted:

I've seen and felt like I've experienced Reinhardt taking small amounts of damage through his shield. Does that happen when it cracks? I'm talking bullet attacks, not beam weapons.
no

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
IDK, as someone who has never known any Chinese I think it's a pretty distinct callout. Doesn't really sound like any of her other lines.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Zoness posted:

hitboxes do have generous vertical extensions even for hitscan weapons but this is probably the killcam desynching for shooter/shootee/replay lag since it's less likely that your head hitbox's vertical extension goes around a corner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UU8jqxAiHQ&t=126s

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Zoness posted:

That video doesn't demo using a hitscan weapon around a corner (although I've been told there are other videos that do)
No, but it does demo hitscan weapons hitting farther horizontally than the head's model, and so...

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 8, 2016

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
At least once in a while, when their head is close to the corner, yes?

I mean, it's not like latency can't play a part, but those hitboxes are enough already.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I didn't say it was an "issue", my point's just that it's possible it could happen regardless of latency.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
this game used to be fun

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Countblanc posted:

it looks like it might be but no way in hell am i buying an indie voxel game in 2016
well, that's fine cause when I say "used to", I mean "it's bad now". if you scroll down on that page the review by craparse describes pretty well how it went bad.

the original game still exists under the name BuildAndShoot and is free

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Sanctum posted:

How does reaper even work? Shotguns can do good damage but only at close range to unarmored targets most of which are squishy already. And how am I supposed to sneak up on anyone with loud "death comes" and stompy boots. How do you accomplish anything with the reaper?
They also do good damage to armored targets, all the damage from one shot counts as one "hit" since it happens all at once, so it only gets reduced by armor once.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

WoodrowSkillson posted:

A - bullshit
or
B - grats you are in the top level of players, and this is like some college basketball player going to a local court and draining 3's saying "i do not get why people say this is hard, it was always easy for me"
Mei is bad, though.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Lady Naga posted:

Being fairly young and making acquaintances with other fairly young internet people.
I mean I'm 21 and mostly friends with people my own age and I have zero idea how this could happen

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Countblanc posted:

It should be noted that Reaper still loving demolishes tanks because he fires quickly and has 8 shots in his "clip," and most tanks just don't have that much armor.
Not as well as McCree, of course. Hopefully this will change

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I think Blizzard is smart enough to not put a "spy" character in the game.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Verranicus posted:

As we all know hitboxes are completely broken..
Here is a video showing them for people out of the loop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UU8jqxAiHQ

Since Blizzard are just dodging this insane issue it seems unlikely that they'll try to fix this. Will that be enough for us to get a refund?
What? No, of course not.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Supercar Gautier posted:

*in a game where almost all of the women have victoria's secret model bodies, one of them is chubby* what is this some kind of social justice bullshit
she's not really chubby though

Broken Cog posted:

The spy in TF2 was awesome, most unique fps class I've ever played. I'm surprised some people here are hostile towards him, what with the amount of bullshit there is in this game.
You've got it backwards, it's not that the spy is too good or anything like that, it's that the spy is a bad class because his entire deal revolves around punishing bad/unaware players, and as soon as the enemy team starts getting even a little bit of cohesion, or especially any communication(or if the enemy players just have a basic amount of game sense and bother to check), he drops off a cliff in usefulness and becomes the worst class in the game.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Lady Naga posted:

Seems like we already have the Spy class then

Bastion at least can do some damage without people loving up. Spy relies on the enemy team not having a basic level of understanding of the game they're playing to get picks, because people who are not awful are gonna recognize when someone is acting weird/in a place that doesn't make sense/a duplicate of someone else nearby, and even if they didn't if you're not currently fighting you basically have no reason not to spycheck anyone who isn't shooting(and then spy gets even worse once people start explosive jumping and moving too quickly for the spy to backstab/making spies stand out more, because they aren't doing that/sometimes randomly blowing up spies who are sneaking in nearby)

there's no OW equivalent for the kind of 'situational awareness check' that the spy is, which is good, because making a whole classes kit revolve around that is a great way to make a character which stomps newbies but is borderline worthless against anyone who knows what's up

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Broken Cog posted:

Also, anyone who thinks the spy can't be played effectively against organised groups haven't actually watched any Highlander matches. Hell, he even sees some use in 6v6 matches every now and then.
pretty much the best case scenario for spy in highlander is getting a lucky pick and dying in the process. much of the rest of the time he's just harassing with the revolver.

I mean the point of highlander is that it's one of each class, you can't tell me that if teams were allowed to not take a spy that they wouldn't jump at the chance to take another soldier or scout instead

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Internet Kraken posted:

Playing Symmetra and killing people behind his shield with orb spam is a better one.
when the rein ults and stuns people all in a line, and your orb goes through all of them doing like 500 damage. that's the good poo poo

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Minrad posted:

https://giant.gfycat.com/LoathsomeExaltedAltiplanochinchillamouse.webm

:eyepop:

I made a g15 macro to do this poo poo and tested it against my friend's widow and it works

alternatively just git gud at spamming a+d and lightly tapping w: if you hold w it doesn't work and you just edge forward and move side to side a bit like any normal character
we've entered a new era

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
All skill levels are never equal.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
That's pretty unlucky, usually the other team only has 1 widow

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Away all Goats posted:

So apparently you can super jump with Genji

https://gfycat.com/ScaryBestEel
this is sick

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Papercut posted:

Like Zen and Ana are pretty mindless, just heal people who need it and spam the enemy, try to stay far away from enemies. Being really effective with Lucio is WAY more complicated than that.
Ana's got a much higher skill ceiling in aim with her primary compared to Lucio(particularly when people get up in your face or when fighting tracers, genjis), in being able to switch your attention away from aiming at teammates to aiming at enemies when people are topped off, knowing when to use your grenade on enemies to stop healing/shut down pockets vs. when to use it to heal yourself vs. when to use it on teammates for more burst healing, aiming the sleep dart which has travel time+small delay before launching and is your only "escape" option since you have no mobility passive/active, communicating with your teammates about when you're sleeping someone so they don't wake them at a bad time... and then your positioning WRT your teammates is much more complicated because you want to have as many of them in line of sight as possible to shoot and heal, keeping in mind you also want to be able to grenade them situationally with the grenade's heavy arc and small radius(instead of Lucio who just wants to "be near teammates").

No way on earth is Ana less complex to play than Lucio, much less "mindless".

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Mercy is cool and fun, actually

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Manatee Cannon posted:

wonder if they'll change something for her or the heroes that are still languishing at the very bottom, like poor old symmetra
I still want Symmetra's turrets to shoot (weak) healing beams at her nearby teammates when no enemy is close.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Duck and Cover posted:

Dva does poo poo for damage... let's increase her health.
They also increased her movespeed while shooting which is something people have requested for basically the whole lifespan of this game

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Because widowmaker's primary weapon is also better(and used to be way better)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I wasn't able to save the clip of getting a quad kill with ana ult into reaper ult because this game deletes highlights once you close your game(why??) but I screenshot'd getting commended as reaper for once in my life

ooooooh baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

tfw the game is short