Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Guys, what happened to the inhouse game finder thread? how come it's locked? I want to play some in house games :'(.

Also who is saintv77?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Have Zarya shout "I am hitting you with my beam!" for as long as she is hitting someone with her beam. For the sake of clarity she should be shouting "I am not hitting you with my beam!" whenever she is not doing damage.

That is not nearly clear enough. How are you supposed to know WHO she is hitting with her beam, if she is the one saying it? What they should do is have the enemy player that is being hit with the beam continuously shout "ouch, you are hitting me with your beam" and have all of the enemy players NOT being hit by the beam shout "You are not hitting me with your beam"

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Big Mean Jerk posted:

No Limits is good and cool because that’s how the game was originally. I pity anyone who never experienced going full ape and having 6 Winstons leap over the first wall on King’s Row or Anubis.

I didn't have the game back then, but I can only imagine the pure joy it must have been to run a 6 bastion comp on defense back when he was OP

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

OWL was a mistake, Blizzard should have just leaned heavily into the Saturday Morning Cartoon vibe of OW instead of trying to force a Serious E Sport

Ya, it's crazy how mainstream popular OW1 was at the start. Like EVERYONE was playing it before Blizzard decided they had to make the most competitive esport, despite having no FPS developing experience

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

pnumoman posted:

Absolutely. They ignored pro StarCraft in Korea and when it blew up, they got so upset that they tried to force their way into pro StarCraft 2, which blew up in their faces. They keep chasing that dragon, and they'll never give up until big daddy MS tells them they suck absolute poo poo at it. OWL still doesn't have any major sponsors, and just loving lol at the decision to broadcast on YouTube, as if ignoring the base game wasn't enough to kill interest. Blizz has been a poo poo company for quite a while, it just took a long time for everyone to notice.

They've had SO many golden opportunities just drop into their lap and waste them all. It really is hilarious when you think about it. Pro Starcraft, Dota's popularity, OW explosion...

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Wheeee posted:

every game has a roadhog on each team because he's a 700hp dps with hook and massive self-heal lol

Their balance team is so stupid. They always nerf the hitscan heroes that require aim because "they are a little too strong". But they always leave these absolutely broken heroes that require no skill in an OP state

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Wheeee posted:

You must love Moira

I don't know why you're bringing up Moira, you think she's OP?

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

No, I was complaining about OP heroes that require no skill. I don't care if they require no skill if they are underpowered

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Well when they super-buff one role, then it makes open queue inherently broken since whichever team has more players on that role wins the game. Open queue is not a viable option for OW2, as a result

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Hanamura and Anubis are easily my least favorite maps in OW1's current state. Since a lot of people in here haven't played OW1 in a while, they recently removed Horizon and Paris from the quick play queue because of the mass exodus of players from the lobby whenever they'd pop up. Paris never really bothered me at all though.

I liked Horizon though :ohdear: Hanamura was alright as well, I hated the other 2CP maps tho

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Runa posted:

The maps were terrible in the beta but that was made up for by there being no MMO roles, just varying types of utility tied to a DPS baseline functionality.

It just felt less frustrating to play, even if you needed to learn how to counter Barbatos and fast.

Yeah I was curious about Gundam and went to youtube to check it out. First video I saw was a guy getting a million kills, zipping around the map and oneshotting people with his melee weapon. gently caress THAT. I'm not looking to play another FPS game that has Doomfist in it. Hard pass for me

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

comedyblissoption posted:

this is what ow looked like on release when it was much more popular

2 shield tanks: reinhardt and winston (not really)
3 healers with much lower healing output: mercy, lucio, and zen

Just give me this again instead of OW2

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I'm sure it will be a good experience being a new player on widowmaker

To be fair, when I was a new player, I really enjoyed playing widowmaker. I was bad at her, but I enjoyed playing her.... Now the other 5 players on my team might not have been too happy about it, but I was having fun :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Valentin posted:

for apex caustic and mirage were locked on launch, the other heroes were all free.

if people aren't playing overwatch just because they see a random character and go "that looks cool" that is a different and even worse failure on Blizzard's part

anyways I think it's very funny they went to such lengths to try to preserve their role trinity shooter where everyone has a unique gun then the characters you get at the start are "most straightforward tank, most straightforward healer, basically every DPS character with a normal FPS weapon." what a boring introduction to the game!

e: also I never played when she was implemented but putting echo last when by all accounts she was frustratingly balanced when added is very funny too. Also it seems so obvious that they could easily have just been like "get a free hero token after 1/2/5...150" matches that I really do wonder how they arrived at the order and what it's supposed to do for them

I'm betting the person that made that decision is the exact same person that decided a couple years ago "we're adding hero bans to the game. Oh, we're not letting the players choose who gets banned on a per-match basis. We're just going to arbitrarily lock out random heroes for weeks at a time.... ok, have fun!"