Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

DurdleDuck posted:

Multiple goons may have been harmed in the making of this Kickstarter. I definitely worked some ungodly hours, but we've been more than 150% funded in a day (hit our goal in the first 7 hours!), so it's all worth it??

http://tinyurl.com/jh7xfx9

The base game is a sweet easy-to-learn deckbuilding game for up to 4 people. The expansions add RPG elements - they are not necessary, but they add a different dimension to the game that you might or might not enjoy. Thanks for taking a look and keeping this goon employed!

Great art. The cost ramps up quickly and the stretch goals are a little thin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1409961192/mutant-crawl-classics-rpg-mcc-rpg?ref=hero_thanks

Mutant Crawl Classics is live. Pdf stretch goals :/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

I'm tentatively interested, but I'd have to check out the preview first. I already have Mutant Future so ...

I'm in for a hardcover for the book and the art. Here's hoping for a GM screen and some adventures as stretch.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

are people serious about this

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Looks like Goodman Games massively hosed up the add-ons from the DCC campaign last year. I got none of the right stuff, people on the Kickstarter are saying they got 10 copies of one thing and none of the stuff they wanted.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah originally i didn't get the complaining about no backerkit because I don't do many kickstarters with add-ons, but this was a definite case where they should've used it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Also, Shadow of the Demon Lord exists and is a pretty good game

alg
Mar 14, 2007

New Barrowmaze Kickstarter. Killer deal on both campaigns since its Canadian dollars.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/843284272/barrowmaze-the-forbidden-caverns-of-the-archaia

Cross posted from OSR thread.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Inkwell ideas is kickstarting A new version of Hexographer. The pledge levels seem kinda weird, though; You can get Hexographer 2 for $35 as a pledge level, or go get a Hexographer license now and pledge for the upgrade.

It's worth pointing out that Hexographer is currently half off at their webstore, so even if you don't want to pledge it's probably worth getting the base software at $16.

http://inkwellideas.com/store/hexographer/

16 dollars for an icon set, jeez.

I'm pledged for the 19 dollar level because I like Hexographer but their DLC prices are absurd.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

It seems like every kickstarter has Europeans whining in the comments

alg
Mar 14, 2007

American biscuits are nothing like scones. You're in for a treat when you have one.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I feel like it shouldn't be tough to refund $2k thru the magic of Kickstarter and stay anonymous but it's also only $2K and if people can't afford to risk tens of dollars on a Kickstarter they shouldn't be using kickstarter

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Are these stretch goals a joke

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Hiro Protagonist posted:

The famous Swedish RPG Trudvang Chronicles is finally getting an english translation! It looks loving beautiful, and sounds like a fairly good amount of things for the amount pledged.

That's a good price and the art is incredible.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

mike12345 posted:

Oh my god a naked body! What has the world come to. loving pervs.

You americans are really the prudest bunch of weirdos.

Do u paint bush on these ladies or do they shave.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Megazver posted:

The person behind the rather fantastic Dungeon Dozen blog is Kickstarting Operation Unfathomable, an adventure/mini-campaign in a similar vein.

This owns, backed. The art is killer.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1806106772/astonishing-swordsmen-and-sorcerers-of-hyperborea-0?ref=checkout_payment_sources_page

Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea 2E kickstarter is up. The book looks incredible.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Does not wanting to play out anime rape fantasies with creepy neckbeards mean I'm "ew, boobs"?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Ropes4u posted:

The CMON zombie game broke a million dollars already - are these games any good?

they are dice rollers with tons of minis and no playtesting

alg
Mar 14, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

This card game has the weird art and tons of colour I love
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/imphouse/savage-planet-the-fate-of-fantos

I'm guilty of having bought boardgames without knowing anything about them, just because the box was cool

drat that art is killer

But i have no idea what a tableau game is and it looks super complex

alg
Mar 14, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

The core book seems a bit ... buggy and incomplete.

For example, do Shamans ever get more wetware 'spells' than the, like, four that are specific to their patron, and only then if they roll 24+ on Patron Bond? How do they learn new ones? Why is there support for Level 5 wetware, but none of it seems to exist?

Yeah it really seems to me like a supplement for DCC, not a complete game as advertised. The purestrain humans are lacking a lot of rules and the wetware rules are very thin.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah with no art that thing is 500 pages. Hopefully we have the book by Christmas.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Is my math right that a core book through this is over 70 dollars? Just doesn't seem like it's worth picking up through this Kickstarter, even if it's a great game.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Frank Mentzer is kickstarting a generic fantasy world with a bunch of names on it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/extsr/frank-mentzers-empyrea-fantasy-setting-for-10-rpg/rewards

The funding goal is....not good. And the reward levels are silly.

quote:

Imagine a game world that we all share, and one that you can shape. All subscribers can add their own designs to the official Worlds of Empyrea—realms that are mostly empty, waiting for you.

This is not inspiring me to drop $100 on it.

Also

quote:

Pledge $400+ and get Free Shipping!

lol

edit: jeez VTT maps are an add on.

alg fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Oct 2, 2017

alg
Mar 14, 2007

this is the project Frank was threatening people over.

http://www.tenkarstavern.com/2017/09/the-pm-that-got-frank-mentzer-banned.html

Even as an OSR junkie the only thing I would want is a Darlene map, and that's too expensive. The main project is so vague and generic.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Only 34 weeks until the Christian board game hits Kickstarter

http://deliverancethegame.com

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Holy poo poo I just got Delta Green tracking

alg
Mar 14, 2007

It seems like barely a game with cool art that you can get from any OSR RPG.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

BinaryDoubts posted:

The art is obviously incredible, but has anyone played it? Seems a bit... Talismany, from my limited Googling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7FHHYDRMWc

It seems really really fiddly. It should've just been an OSR game with great art.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

The most popular tabletop miniatures game is a good point of comparison when discussing tabletop miniature games, I think

X-Wing is arguably the most popular minis game and is cheaper but is also pre painted and licensed.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

The $424 + shipping for a board game with shoehorned minis crowd

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Lmao: https://twitter.com/CMONGames/status/1151923894011551749

alg
Mar 14, 2007

the best ending

alg
Mar 14, 2007

just backed Torchebearer. Looks like it will be much more likely to hit the table. and that video is simply the best Kickstarter video I've ever seen.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

ZRM posted:

So, just so I'm sure, the frothing racists are getting no money from this, and anything that WOULD have gone to them, are going to charities. Correct?

Yeah they said previously they are releasing this because Jennel Jacquays had put so much time into it the last three years, and this is the last one. No money goes to Bledsaw and GG is donating stuff too.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

I have never played HeroQuest, but I have heard a lot about it.

What's the gameplay like? Would it be worthwhile if my group is still neck-deep in Gloomhaven?

It's really, really 90s design. Like, much simpler than Zombiecide. You roll to move, open a door, attack, check for traps. It's extremely bare bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah I have the Amazon laminator too, it's great.