Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jedit posted:

Lucky you. I just got Tokaido Collector's Edition yesterday, 18 months late. I paid for it in March 2014.

Wow, I saw a Collectors Edition in Orc's Nest in That London a few months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jedit posted:

Seems someone saw the Game Canopy and liked it. So they made their own, and is going to provide the plans for free.

Nice! I use a padded printer bag I got from work. It's perfectly shaped for 4-5 boxes high and space down the side for smaller ones.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I pledged for Fugitive, because 2 player games are fun, and this sounds like it will be. Good/bad decision?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

This is looking really good, a remake of TSR's Battle of Britain:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1992455033/battle-of-britain

I saw these guys demonstrating it live and it looks like a good time. I'm on the fence about backing right this minute because I'm a bit poor but £50 seems a good price.

A stretch goal add-on should be a 9 x 6 foot board, and long sticks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I wish Cryptozoic wouldn't use their updates to advertise their other KIckstarters. I backed the Ghostbusters board game, I don't want to hear that your Walking Dead KS is ending soon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So, my One Night Ultimate Werewolf app just updated, with the news that there's going to be a 'One Night Ultimate Alien' KS starting on August 29th.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fun gardening game Herbaceous has just launched. It received great feedback at Gen Con, and has already gained a lot of traction in just over an hour.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DigitalRaven posted:

Yes, Minister with proper swearing. Production discussions with the BBC would include phrases like "I know we've got five cunts and you think thats too much. If we drop ten of the fucks can we keep the cunts?"

It gave us Tucker's Law: "If some oval office can gently caress something up, that oval office will pick the worst possible time to loving gently caress up because that oval office's a oval office."

Having worked at Westminster/the Palace, can confirm people do actually talk like that there. They like to think they're a bit Malcolm Tucker. :jerkbag:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

One Night Ultimate Alien is up. Looks like it is much more app focused this time around.

Hmm, $25 minimum pledge. Exactly the same price it'll be in stores.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

MY EYES

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I bet it would be fantastic played in a room with a black light on.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jesus christ, that's some thin game play.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Done in the Butt by a Kickstarter That Succeeded But Then the Developers Vanished.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

potatocubed posted:

In the most recent Fog of Love update the makers of the game are reaching out to the LGBT community for story cards or issues focusing on LGBT themes (item 7 in the update). So, you know, if that's you and you're interested...

Man, I meant to back that. I could have helped too!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

My copy of Nerdy Inventions arrived! That box is way too big. It could genuinely fit into a Love Letter size bag.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Games that have caught my eye!

Status Report! - a social deduction game about guessing which of the other players is an AI bent on Killing All Humans. Not yet funded.

Dark is the Night - a fun-looking, quick, 2 player hidden movement game. I'm a sucker for hidden movement games, and this is right up my alley. Not yet funded, but close.

Khan of Khans - reprint (I think?) of Reiner Knizia's family 2-5 player game. Funded with stretch goals unlocked.

Tao Long - dragon tile placement game, based on the I-Ching and elements. Rules have me slightly glazing over, but I'm sure that's more on me than the game. Funded, with stretch goals unlocked.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

Thanks for pointing this one out, this looks great. Backed. Hope it makes its goal!

Yeah, I'm gonna back it, and hope it gets there too. There's more than enough time to raise another $1500

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hurrah! Dark is the Night got funded!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Well, I'm pretty sure Gloomhaven is going to be available in stores.

Yarp.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Sub Terra AKA The Descent: The Game - Co-op survival horror game that's already funded many times over with loads of unlocked stretch goals. Core edition is a decent price, but the leap to the next bracket with expansions is a bit much. Also, shipping isn't great, even if you live in the same city it's being made. :argh:

Two Rooms and a Boom: Necroboomicon - The much beloved 2R&aB's first expansion, and it has Lovecraftian themes! If you own the base game already, this is only $5! If you don't, the combined pledge makes the expansion only $2!

SUPERHOT - The Card Game - Uh, ok? It's already funded, it's small and it's cheap.

Tortuga 1667 - Did I do this one before? Either way, this looks great (fake book box!) and pirates!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

5 pound shipping just about everywhere seems pretty reasonable to me though (as someone not living in the US/EU/Australia).

I guess I'm just bitter about having to pay £5 shipping when I'm about 5 minutes walk from their office :cheeky:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

A quick browse on KS right now reveals these gems:

Stop, Collaborate, and Listen - an inane card game about asking your friends dull questions.

Chardonnay Go - does your mother like getting drunk on wine? This is the game for her!

The Great Wall of Mexico - jesus gently caress

Sing What? - the details about what this is are so slim, I have no clue.

Legado - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

How about another brilliant politically-themed card game!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/676317460/slap-the-jackass-hillary-edition?ref=category_newest

Can't anyone tell these poor sods that they shouldn't even bother launching the KS? They're never going to get funded unless the goal is like $10.

quote:

Single Pack

You get one pack of Slap the Jackass.
Featuring Hillary as the Jackass, Christoper Walken as the King, and Kim Jong-un as the Queen in a 52 card deck.
Christopher... Walken...? :confused:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Another big 'but why?'. The Terminator: The Board Game has launched.

The campaign page does reveal this gem however:

quote:

Lynnvander is responsible for "The Legacy Series (Albion’s, Neverland’s and Sherwood’s)" and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game” as well as the up and coming 2017 releases; “Cowboy Bebop”, “Dragon Ball Z”, “The Terminator”, “Galaxy Quest” and “Dark Stalkers Vs Street Fighter” board games.

Technically the Buffy game is also up and coming.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Dinosaur Island - non-copyright infringing board game about running your own dinosaur theme park. Resequence DNA! Make dinosaurs! Build rides!

That shipping though... ouch.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Shut Up & Sit Down have done their own Monikers expansion!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They should all just cut away to flute music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODgu_-rR1X8

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Zurui posted:

Pages ago someone linked a Kickstarter board game where the players are pilots trying to make their fortune flying from island to island to trade goods. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Was it this? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mosigra/jackal-archipelago-islands-pirates-gold-and-more

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Zurui posted:

No :( It was sort of TailSpin-ey.

I'm beginning to think I may have dreamed it. I'll have to go back in the thread.

Please do, I'm very interested!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Zurui posted:

No :( It was sort of TailSpin-ey.

I'm beginning to think I may have dreamed it. I'll have to go back in the thread.

I've had a bit of a look, and surprisingly, the only air cargo island hopping game I can find is called Air Charter, and it's from ~1970. You'd have thought that was a theme rife for exploitation.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Christ, the price of Rising Sun.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I backed Arkham Ritual because it's $9 with free shipping to the US.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jurassic Park Dinosaur Island has 36 hours to go!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

PST posted:

And unsurprisingly Modiphius's promise to have the Infinity core rulebook 'absolutely, categorically finished by March' sees them release a PDF with 5 unfinished chapters and multiple errors. Should have taken up the offer to get the book and a refund when they failed to hit that (nott hat I wanted anything to do with it by that point).

Ha, no wonder they weren't at the London Gaming Market today.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Druggeddwarf posted:

How was that for you BTW? Some of the Modiphius crew were there, but not in an offical capacity.

Didn't go, actually. I went back in November, meant to go this time, but Saturday was too heavy. I just know that Modiphius weren't going this time due to emailing them beforehand and asking.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

senrath posted:

So it looks like Sigil - Powers of War isn't going to make it. They're going to be doing a lot of retooling (hiring Gloomhaven's graphic design team to do new layouts, faction specific player boards, etc.) and will relaunch eventually.

I apologise if you're part of the team or something, but this looks horribly generic.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Rise to Nobility is really tempting me. What are some other dice placement games that currently exist that I should look at instead (besides Kingsburg)? :ohdear:

Blueprints?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There's a reprint of Deep Space Nine D-6, plus an expansion! A single player game, this has got some good reviews, and seems like a fun little concept.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Agent Rush posted:

Anyone hear/have opinions about Card City XL? It's nearing it's final hours.

It looks like Machi Koro had an illicit affair with Cities: Skylines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

homullus posted:

But, like, what's special about Torg? Exploding dice and the mix of settings isn't special. I already have a few Savage Worlds things lying around. What's great about Torg?

He takes care of the place while the master is away.