Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Hostile V posted:

No corgis in the base game, immediate pass.

In the year 2017 is corgi a gender or sex?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Jedit posted:

Giochi just launched the campaign for Vital Lacerda's CO2: Second Chance. Can't link via my phone, but it should be accessible through their site.

Well that kills Gentes for me, I have wanted CO2 forever. Now I know how everyone feels when an American game gets backed. 15 euro shipping....

Ropes4u fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 7, 2018

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I guess I like being crushed by cardboard I back Neanderthal at the last minute.

CO2 is saved but the shipping is a killer, what are the odds it will be available at Boardgame Needz, CSI, or Miniature Market?

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

malkav11 posted:

It appears like they plan to have the game itself available at retail but there are a number of stretch goal items, including "expansions" (unclear what scope these have), that are marked as limited content. Not limited to the Kickstarter, specifically, and they haven't clarified precisely what that means yet, but you might well miss out on that stuff. Note that the shipping will be charged separately from the KS pledge and there will be a post-project pledge manager, if that helps.

I will wait and see how they clarify the limited content and if they address the shipping costs. The problem isn’t that I cannot afford the game, it’s that the shipping feels, sounds, or is unreasonable.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

malkav11 posted:

It's a lot, but shipping is kind of terrible in general in my experience. Just checking my Evil High Priest pledge, they ended up charging $25 in shipping. 7th Continent was $18.50. Darkest Night was $19. I don't think CO2's 15 euro is terribly out of line with that.

Amazon ruined me...

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

jmzero posted:

Aeon's End: Legacy looks really good. The base game is well received, and... there's mystery boxes. I'll cop to being a total sucker for mystery boxes. They're also selling "full reset" packs, which I like, even if I probably won't use.

I'm not sure about its "Kickstarter Value" proposition on this, but I'm excited for the game.

I have been debating this one myself. I do wonder if its the best introduction to the game? I know that if we like it I will want to pony up for everything which appears to a few hundred bucks..

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Cassa posted:

President Kevin has given us an obituary for the Robotech debacle.

The comments were “entertaining” to read..

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

aww man, the Zombies in the upcoming Zombicide kickstarter look lame

I thought they were supposed to be zombies?

Squidcide!

I wasn’t backing anyway but those are ugly.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

S.J. posted:

We split them between two locations. I work at a game store.

Also: awkwardly, even with storage space available.

What is the price in a game store?

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

S.J. posted:

MSRP is 140

Thank you, not a bad price for a brick and mortar store.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Has anyone played Bloc by Bloc? I want to back it but I don’t need shelf art and I haven’t seen much posted about it here, maybe that is a hint in itself.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

cptn_dr posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PjNmfeimbE

This guy likes it, and I tend to trust his taste (disclosure: I know and game with him IRL).

I have watched his videos before I think I will give the game a shot.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Is Pax Pamir 2e worth backing for solo mode alone. I rarely have 4-5 players but Ricky Royals solo play through looked enticing.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Arivia posted:

hot tip: this is not a game about either the holocaust or world war 2, it is grease with elf ears and also mecha.

This should have been on the kickstarter it would have sold more copies.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

With On Mars closing I was wondering what everyone’s opinion is of the designers other games? Its a beautiful looking game but I don’t need any more shelf queens..

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

I just wonder how many refund requests they’re going to get.

I think a refund request is reasonable given a 25% increase could push the game into u reasonable expensive for the consumer.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I wonder if dice throne or etherfields will be a better game at two? I don’t really need another giant stack of minis to paint but I do want a good dungeon crawler for two..

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Thank you for the help I think I will back DT instead ..

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

After watching the Rhado play-through of Etherfields I am 80% positive I will end up dropping my pledge. I want to like the game but the mechanics fall flat for me in the video.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

To fair it could just be me or Rhado video but it appears to be nothing more than a really long fancy hand management game, with a lot of extra stuff piled on to pull in more backers.

On the other hand the Dice Throne game appears to be a game my wife and I would enjoy so maybe I will toss them some cash.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I dont have a group that would have played this but I want it..

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I thought that current law required employers to recognize a union once a majority of their employees voted it in?

Why are they asking for recognition?

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I have considered buying into zombiecide for a beer and pretzels experience with the 2 new couples we have roped into playing board game’s. Six is a tough number to buy for..

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I kind of want this, what are the odds its a decent game?

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

GrandpaPants posted:

Looks like Spirit Island digital extended its campaign, but cut out some of the major stretch goals, including online multiplayer and Branch and Claw. I'm kinda meh on it now. Seems like they should just launch a KS, as lovely as that is to say.

They should lower the price, $20 is to high for a digital product.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

homullus posted:

does it ... does it hurt to be this wrong?

Not at all, let me rephrase.

In this case I feel like $20 is to high for me to pay for a digital product that will eventually be abandoned. I have the physical copy of spirit island and consider it to be one of the best purchases I have made gaming wise.

I do own Civ and all the expansions on the iPad but that is not a game the ports well to cardboard. Maybe I am not the target audience for the digital version of spirit island.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

nesbit37 posted:

I backed it in the first like 10 minutes of launch. What can I say, I like dice? We're even giving custom dice as wedding favors at my wedding next spring.

edit: to be fair, most of my dice have a special meaning to me. They are a reminder of a special event or memories of a beloved convention or game or something. My mother also sells dice on ebay so I partially picked these up to see if it would be something worth her carrying (not like there is any chance she is going to get any at this point).

Can you share the details / photo of your custom dice?

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

nesbit37 posted:

Sure, though the only thing custom about them is one of the sides. We are getting 2 done. The first is a 16mm D6, this is the final sample:

The 2nd is a 34mm D20. This is the first sample, we need to fix the vector image so it looks more crisp (the sample was also done on a factory reject so the die looks a little wonky). Also the inking will be in red, not the white shown here:

That’s kickass, very nice touch with Pi. I hope You are serving pie.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

nesbit37 posted:

We are. No cake at this wedding, only pie.

Congratulations

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

djfooboo posted:

The fact that they are sprue models frightens the hell outta me.

the all in price scares me more than the metal miniatures..

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

nesbit37 posted:

Anyone have thoughts on this rampart terrain stuff thats ending in roughly 2 days? Debating picking some up for use with Necromunda. I have the GW terrain that came with the underhive and Dark Uprising boxes but that's pretty much it at this point.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/rampart-stylish-and-modular-terrain

I wonder how looks with the with GW stuff? I have Dark Uprising under the tree and "need" more terrain.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

jadarx posted:

I just got the retail release of the Eternal Cathedral set. I haven't had a chance to dig really deep into the set, but here's a sample next to some 40k terrain. So far, it's been easily to get put together. Haven't decided if I'm going to leave it modular or just make a permanent setup.

The piece that's sitting on top wasn't cleaned, so that's why its not sitting right.

Thanks for posting that, it like it might be worth picking up a base pledge

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

nesbit37 posted:

Anyone have thoughts on this rampart terrain stuff thats ending in roughly 2 days? Debating picking some up for use with Necromunda. I have the GW terrain that came with the underhive and Dark Uprising boxes but that's pretty much it at this point.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/rampart-stylish-and-modular-terrain

Caved and back this, thanks for posting about it.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Frosthaven kickstarter was delayed a week.

I am guessing with so many people out of work due to the apocalypse Frosthaven will be the first many project delayed.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Spookyelectric posted:

Anyone else considering "Alice is Missing?"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/huntersbooks/alice-is-missing-a-silent-role-playing-game

This gimmick seems really immersive and clever.

I have been considering it, it appears this would allow me to play with people who live in different areas, I need to watch the play throughs this evening.

Plus text messages allow play during around work meetings

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Zurai posted:

Terraforming Mars is an incredibly good game and if anyone doesn't own it, this is a great time to fix that problem.

I’m sure it will sell like crazy but 3D tiles aren’t appealing to me. I would love to pick up a nicer set of cards and cardboard pieces but as much as like to cry about components it’s honestly fine as it.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I enjoy Terraforming Mars but that feels stupidly high for chrome. I would like double sided player boards and nicer cards but I would pay $100 for that mess

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

jivjov posted:

Tokyo Metro is a favorite of mine, your opinions on cloth maps may vary, I usually just weigh down the corners to hold it taut. It's a cheerfully cutthroat little game, with managing liquid funds being really really REALLY important. It also honestly plays well as a solo score challenge-the slightly random deck setup means each game has slightly different actions available at different times.

Tsukiji Market hasn't made it to my table yet, I have to try to get a group of heavy economic game fans together for it, and that's s kinda hard under pandemic conditions...but it seems solid and I've watched a couple of YouTubers play it.

Overall I really love all of Jordan's work, and any campaign of his is an instant-back for me.

Which expansion, along with the base game, would you suggest to someone who was interested in this get?

Good for two players?

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

jivjov posted:

Metro plays well at 2, my wife and I have gotten mileage out of it that way, so Metro base game plus its expansion would give you a lot of game. Per Jordan, the expansion map and action cards make the game a little quicker and a little tighter (and the base game is already pretty well tuned) so there's some variability in setup. And from what I understand, you can play either map with either action card set, so there's 4 different setup options (Tokyo normal, Osaka normal, Tokyo w/new actions, Osaka w/old actions).

Osaka Metro can also technically be played as a standalone if you proxy in the player markers and stations (and track money on paper or something?), so that'd be a budget way to play the game without getting both boxes.

Thank you I will watch a few play throughs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Arcsech posted:

I decided to pledge to get a spot in line, and can always pull it later.

I tried to pledge for May 2021, about 5 minutes after they launched. That failed, because the tier filled up while KS was processing my pledge. Then I tried to pledge for July 2021. Same thing happened again. Finally got a spot in the October wave.

It's over $4 million already.

Wonder how many disappointments $4,000,000 buys?