Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

HJE-Cobra posted:

Looks like there's a Wolfenstein dungeon crawly board game that is being kickstarted soon.
https://wolfensteintheboardgame.com/
Keep in mind that it is from Archon/totallynotatallProdos, so fulfillment might be a rollercoaster of emotions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

The Moon Monster posted:

This is such a weird take, I get not liking them but why is them dying a good thing?
David Doust

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Jedit posted:

The creators of Guild Ball and Godtear are about to launch Bardsung, a dungeon crawler for 1-5 players. Campaign storyline by Rhianna Pratchett, adventure design by Ian Livingstone and Sara Thompson (of Combat Wheelchair fame).

Wonder if this one will also ship to retail before backers? KS-exclusive content that may actually ship!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

The Moon Monster posted:

That's a shame, I always enjoyed their Gencon presence.
LOL, that is never gonna happen again (in addition to GenCon possibly not being a thing going forward) as the entire US office NOPED out in about a year.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

That Old Tree posted:

I thought they had long since been in trouble for recursive funding, and everyone has been yelling at them because they outright admitted it?

Or am I thinking of any of a dozen other companies?
Mantic as well, though they might have pulled their heads out of their asses recently.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Mr.Misfit posted:

Its really well made, but goddarn if it isn't a tad bid tooo psychedelic for my playgroup who felt as if I'd put them through some sort of madmans fever dream Oo
Post/page number combo.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Infinitum posted:

I mean like.. 'potentially'? Dude in questions is Krayola if other people want to have a look.

He's posted some stuff on his instagram.
https://www.instagram.com/mr_krayola/

Like he's having a rant about 'his' colour scheme, but Ye Olde 80s CGA/EGA Palette has become popular again in recent years for retro reasons.

He says he has a game published called Radlands.
Best I could find was ANOTHER game called The Radlands - https://boardgamegeek.com/rpgitem/216596/radlands

So there's a bunch of... stuff at the moment, and he's being somewhat coy about his claims and stuff.
He doesn't seem to be doing himself any favours if he does have a valid case, and it strikes me as being awfully coy with some info with a "look it up" regarding trademarks.

LOLWUT at dude's Insta being chock full of rips on other people's poo poo. Sure would be a shame if this is what got The Mouse's attention on him.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

...and from Cryptozoic. That was certainly a rollercoaster of 'being interested' to 'wonder what excuse they will have for not shipping?'.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

It certainly isn't great. If you want a hilarious/disheartening read, check out either the comments on their individual KS campaigns, or the game threads on BGG. In short, they typically have interesting ideas, but fall apart either from lack of development or piss-poor rules documents that aren't likely to receive long term support due to the nature of the license.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Also, I guarantee the factory goons are not going to care if they get oil or hydraulic fluid on the mould when they are changing them. You might even get lucky and get some of the first shots that still have detergent on them if they actually cared to clean the oil off after milling!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Stickman posted:

I could see that raising shipping costs across the board (and Artipia's current kickstarters are delayed until prices stabilize), but it definitely doesn't explain the difference in shipping costs between the mainland and AK/HI. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do separate containers.

There's still plenty of places with higher shipping costs, so it's not like we aren't generally lucky on that front. It's just kind of shocking that their negotiated rates are roughly double what it would cost to have it shipped to a friend on the mainland and then have them priority post it to me :v:

Last I heard, the company they were using for fulfillment is in Florida, so that is pretty choice in terms of ‘why is shipping so expensive?’

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

dwarf74 posted:

However, the Batman game ... isn't doing so well? It hasn't come anywhere close to hitting goal yet. Maybe because it's a solo-only board game, which is kinda weird? Maybe it's not enough plastic for price for minis-hunters? Maybe it's just getting out-competed by everything else that launched today? It's weird, because I would have also expected a bajillion dollars but it's 160k compared to Tiny Epic Dungeons (642k) and Root (>1m)

Also doesn't help that they are soliciting it though normal distro https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Prod...il&utm_content= There is text in there about 'It's crowdfunded, so it might not exist!' but I would be willing to bet that people ordering off a site like that aren't reading that far. So who knows how much money that campaign is missing out on. :downsbravo:

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Blizzard superdesigner's past portfolio of the most generic things to ever generic brings you the latest in mass-market generic fantasy!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

potatocubed posted:

I'm assuming Steamforged games are going to be widely available post-KS, right?

If a lot of shops put in for retailer pledges, sure. Otherwise, I would be surprised if many distributors have any patience for Steamforged right now.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

I wanna say one of the expansions allowed you to gently caress with the other weeezards when you were dead, but it has been so goddamn long since I have played...

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

senrath posted:

I don't know of anywhere where you can get super cheap molds made, and I don't trust that they actually have prior investment, so yeah, they're probably planning on 3d printing everything.

To be fair, Guangzhou is right there. If there is anywhere to get cheap moulds done, that is the place. Aluminum moulds for styrene aren't that cheap, but you can get gypsum moulds for PVC real fuckin' cheap so it is possible they could have budgeted poo poo out, though the margins are poo poo, and overall it looks like a scam. Could be a scam, could be idiots that don't know what they are doing.

LOLWTF is an 8k printer? Did you spend 8000 whatever currencies on it?

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

senrath posted:

This doesn't actually say much because it doesn't tell you anything about pixel density.
Exactly. 'It is twice as much as the TV, so it must be so good!' Again, more poo poo they are spewing out that kinda makes me think they sorta know what they are talking about, but just so the scam is more convincing.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Have they got to the point where they need rolling Kickstarters to finish the previous campaign?

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

thegodofchuck posted:

Came here to see if anyone was talking about this since it seems like it should be doing better. Miniature burnout? I keep waiting to see stretch goals get burned down and it's just piddling along.
Being associated with Frog God is a good way to get people to keep walkin'. :shrek:

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Again, probably shouldn't back them since they are associating with Frog God, but it already funded, so gently caress it...

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I cannot imagine paying that much money for a Zombicide

Mouse gotta get PAID.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

CitizenKeen posted:

Crisis Protocol Galactus when?

Probably never now.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

He is the dingus that made Zweihander, which is essentially Warhammer Fantasy Role Play with the numbers filed off.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Infinitum posted:

Sexily hacking on top of a broken brick wall with one hand, raising my leg in an alluring sultry way - all while wearing my Unicorn hoodie (teehee gamers only)

One cheek sneak is the new Cap’n Crunch whistle.

BRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAABBBBBBPPPPPT! ‘I’m in.’

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Kerro posted:

If the character creation isn't based on 'Land of Sunshine' I'll be extremely sad. "Do you often sing or whistle just for fun? +2 to performance skill"

I'll just tell them the same thing my daddy told me: you ain't never gonna amount to nothin', -2 to Charisma-based tests.

There was also a Dead Milkmen module, so I look forward to the trend of 90s alt-rock RPGs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...=dead%20milkmen

Robert Facepalmer fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 16, 2022

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Bottom Liner posted:

Yep. You'd have to go back to 2016 to hit another campaign of theirs that ended in the 5-6k backer range (assuming this one ends around there). This is a big dud for them at this point. Probably not enough to hurt them given some of their recent huge campaigns.

Not enough to hurt, but it sure doesn't help as the not-so-secret rumor is that they need rolling campaigns to maintain momentum.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Z the IVth posted:

I wonder if there is a way of automatically establishing how risky any particular kickstarter is. Like "this kickstarter has a 40% chance of fulfilling" or "this project is unlikely to fulfil" and have some breakdown of how many successful/failed/cancelled projects the creators have been involved in.

For as little as Amazon gives a poo poo already, there is zero chance they would poison the well like that. Maybe a place like Kicktraq would be more likely, but even they get kinda spicy when a campaign is called out as an obvious scam and/or uses stolen assets.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I thought there were rules against running multiple kickstarters without completing previous ones? Is that true, or is it just selectively applied if true?
Again, Amazon has zero incentive to turn off the money firehose.

You (currently) can't have more than one active campaign on the same account, but you can have serial campaigns without fulfillment, and if you have more than one account, sky's the limit!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Fate Accomplice posted:

did amazon buy kickstarter when I wasn't looking

gently caress, for some reason I thought KS was their creation. They certainly have the Amazon 'does this make us more money? Fuckyou.'

LOLwhoops.

Looks like I thought that Amazon payments was still their processor and they were also under their umbrella because why wouldn't they be? Completely glossed over them switching to Stripe in... 2015. Nice.

Robert Facepalmer fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 2, 2023

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Antivehicular posted:

If I got absolute dictatorial power over the world of graphic design, I would ban "kinda looks like katakana because ~exotic Japan~" fonts immediately. They suck so much on so many levels.

I know the dude that I think might have done that logo and that is an excellent descriptor for him as well. Font choice on brand.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Kwyndig posted:

But Catalyst? They don't know how to successfully run a business any more than Petersen does.

Two great tastes that will take your money to make a sikk patio together!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Azubah posted:

I laughed when it claimed to use revised rules.

No loving way you get that from Palladium.

It is probably the 'revised' version in that homosexuality isn't listed as a mental disorder.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

So, the Catalyst/Petersen Games deal has apparently fallen through? Anyone heard more about that?

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Kwyndig posted:

I think the pertinent question is why are they six million pounds in debt.

Please say it is missed payments on licenses.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Oh shits, we should probably expect a D*n F*x AI Kickstarter any minute now.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Zweihander dingus.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Tempted to spin through the Darkest Dungeon and Monsterpocalypse comments and see how livid those backers are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Ten minutes.