Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Arivia posted:

Red Markets dudes, zombies + idiotic tech bro capitalism isn't an amazing new idea worth universal adoration. Your pledge levels are messed up, your concept is Random Zombie RPG #11,453 (but with Economics this time!!!), and you seem to think you're above criticism. If you're such great writers/producers/whatever, you might want to act better than Bob and his amazing D&D heartbreaker (hint: it has really good economy rules in it!)

I'm not quite that adversarial on the topic, but I essentially agree with the sentiment. I've been commenting because I was literally going to hit that button to pledge and then went ack when I saw the levels. Like I said, a $5 bump from pdf level to sc and $10 for hc is reasonable and in line with other Kickstarters (which do give bonus material). You can totally add levels if you really wanted to, just not change tiers and people who really love you would stay there. But the way it is (dubious pricing, far off delivery date, pod plus contemplating a print run too?) is not my cup of tea, which is unfortunate as I find the concept worth a look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I kind of like the look of this but I have no idea if it would actually be fun to play

I feel this is more of an art project than a game. As far as gameplay goes, it will be like Life or Sorry or something like that. But it looks gorgeous to me. Sorry if I'm too hipster to poo poo on the impractical Kickstarter (besides saying that it will never succeed).

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Evil Mastermind posted:

Does anyone know anything about this Nove Cry game? Apparently it's a second printing because the first one wasn't available at retail, and it looks like a pretty decent 4x-ish style game.

I can't say anything about the game, but I was shocked that it actually delivered. The creator's first attempt at Nova Cry (which was funded) failed after his publisher bailed/swindled him/whatever, then he did Era, which we're still waiting on, which since Nova Cry actually released, maybe, maybe might deliver? Then while that had good vibes, did Nova Cry again, then delivered Nova Cry before Era? and is now reprinting Nova Cry? I decided not to back NC after learning more of the background, which I didn't know about when backing Era (at a thankfully low level).

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

A.E.G.I.S. is also a 2-4 robot fighting game, but this one is all about combining your robots together to create new super robots to beat your opponent. It looks to be more of a collectable card game than Deathbot Derby. They currently have $22,225 of their $40,000 goal with only 59 hours left, so I don't expect this one to make it. :smith:

I was popping over to hype this one up a bit more myself. It's not really a CCG - the units have cards, and there are a lot of units, but otherwise it's basically a cool mecha combat game, with a the gimmick being how the robots can combine: you have a 5 robot squad, of A, E, G, I, and S types, and you can combine them and make a level 2 AE or GI, or whatever, or a level 3 AIG, etc etc all the way to an AEGIS, and different robot ingredients get different outcomes. They also have the rules so far posted in this update.

Check it out, here's their latest "never give up" update.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Leperflesh posted:

Got my wave 1 of Conan boardgame today.

Whereabouts are you? I went allll in on this one myself (even went in on the RPG for the extra board game goodness), hoping to see an arrival soon.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

JazzFlight posted:

Speaking of minis, the Darkest Night KS had an update where they showed of their factory samples and they looked kinda underwhelming.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/567823005/darkest-night-second-edition-0/posts/1783761

I guess it's to be expected of a company's first minis game, but it's disappointing since the project's delivery date is now July. At least it has a good game behind it (from what I've read), regardless.

They looked alright to me. What were you expecting?

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I assume most of you who wanted to get in on the Dark Souls board game did so, since it was a rather large KS, but if anyone is interested in buying my copy (core set shipped now, wave 2 shipped when it arrives, just a standard pledge), send me a PM. Otherwise it's off to eBay.

To avoid being solely a shilling post, I'll chime in that you should back AEGIS, so we get more stretch goals.

And here is Inheritance (well, the bag and one of the staves [the non-richy rich pants version, just the slightly rich version], no spoilers allowed). Anyone in the STL area interested in meeting up to play, let me know, I doubt I have 9 friends that would want to play (I doubt I have 9 friends!).

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Zurui posted:

Has anyone received their copy of The King is Dead yet?

Just got mine today.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Comstar posted:

Any opinions on Next Level Miniatures: Dragon's Hoard Miniatures Vol. 1? Seems to be trying to be the next Fantasy Series 1 and 2. Less figures but cheaper too.

Came here to see if anyone was talking about this since it seems like it should be doing better. Miniature burnout? I keep waiting to see stretch goals get burned down and it's just piddling along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Just got an update on Suburban Consumption of the Monstrous, which is (shockingly, to me) not yet funded, and I feel like that should be changed.

To quote the Kickstarter *ahem*:

Suburban Consumption of the Monstrous is an anthology of several horror live action roleplaying games written by Banana Chan and Sadia Bies. Each game is set in suburbia and uses themes of food or consuming something as the centerpiece. In this collection, there are solo games, games for two players, games for three players, games for four players and games for higher player counts.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pelgranepress/suburban-consumption-of-the-monstrous/description

You can go back to talking about Mothership now, thanks.