Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

computer parts posted:

Sumlin's probably in the hot seat but I think if he can win against 1-2 of Ole Miss, Alabama, and LSU he should be ok.

Like being a 9-win team is fine, it's just being a 9 win team and also winning against good opponents.

the LSU conundrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

NippleFloss posted:

Les Miles will be fired this year.

A year late.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
wont firing Les cost them a fortune

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
University of Ferentz Fighting Ferentzii

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
hell the problem isn't even the fact that LSU's offense was bread and butter I-formation poo poo. the problem is they were doing it badly. its kind of hard to get a running game going when everyone knows your QBs cant reliably hit a specific side of the field, let alone a receiver in stride.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Thermos H Christ posted:

Watch Charlie Strong win like 7-8 games and come within a hair of a co-championship in a terrible B12, followed by a booster uprising that causes him to get fired after a lot of infighting, leading to an epic PR disaster with Texas getting taken to task for being racist and mistreating Strong and having a totally dysfunctional political culture around the program, which in turn causes Herman to decide he doesn't want to step into the middle of that. Followed by a shitshow of a coaching search led by an embattled placeholder AD, culminating in the hire of Lane Kiffin for $10m a year after he initially turns us down.

I'll clocktower this poo poo before that happens

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Spintzel posted:

There are plenty of schools who would LOVE to hire a coach who has won a national championship and can pretty much guarantee them a bowl game every season

Yeah but we're talking about Les Miles

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Korranus posted:

UH needs to get Herman a new contract, like tonight. The new buyout needs to be whatever the principal is on TDECU Stadium, plus the deed to 300 or so acres in south Houston.

Im so sorry Korranus but we really need your coach tia

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

So would Herman even consider LSU or is he so Texas that a statue of DKR made of brisket, spurs and electric chairs would be jealous?

No one with any brains wants to run into the Alabama wall outside of the title game

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I'd seriously make fun of the Tech situation to the boosters I know but we just lost to Kansas sooooooo

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Scarf posted:

Doing some reading around, it looks like rumors are that Baylor is looking at both Herman and Chad Morris?

As big a fan as I am of Chad Morris, does he really have the stock for a job that big yet? I could see him going to Houston after Herman goes to UT/LSU... But I dunno about Baylor.

You're giving Baylor way too much credit

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
They're being polite and giving him time to move before police start pulling him over for a broken taillight

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Thermos H Christ posted:

Not a joke:

A group of players went to the press conference and ate all the food from the catered buffet that had been set up for the press. This may be my favorite form of protest ever.

That owns

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
uh Texas just needs coaches that can teach kids to loving tackle

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Dilber posted:

He's actually done an amazing job coaching up our freshman lbs. He's even turned some real poo poo upperclassmen into serviceable players.

your guys already knew how to not tackle so he had to try something different

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
reality is broken send help

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
SEC schools would be far better off spending the money destroying Saban and his horcruxes

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Considering where Houston thought their season would go, and where Herman is going, I can't blame anyone for not giving a gently caress

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

So would I. I wanted Herman, but if he truly wanted to go to Texas, there's not much LSU could do. I'm going to hope like hell that O gets a great OC and keeps Aranda.

It does feel like LSU had their thumb up their rear end regarding this whole coaching change. I get why they did it, but I still have a feeling we will regret firing Miles. I miss my Miles avatar, but I probably need an Ovatar now.

The last year of this makes Texas seem well run by comparison. Les was a dead man walking and it seems like their entire plan was pulling Jimbo away from FSU.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
It's never what happened, it's the cover-up that gets you

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Tubs walking out during dinner owned

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Really not wanting Applewhite as OC

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

That Works posted:

Little bit late but Mike is dead :smith:

He's with Harambe

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
This seems like a panic hire from Baylor

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Cthulu Carl posted:

I thought the Paterno statue was just put in storage until the heat dies down.

Or are there other Paterno statues. What am I saying, of course there are other Paterno statues.

warehouse full of them. its the only thing thats kept the foundries going.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Houston is going to entirely self-fund the program by getting their coaches bought out

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

DrunkPanda posted:

I thought what killed him at UF was that serious heart condition that miraculously cured itself after a year

Pizza was the miracle cure

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

pillsburysoldier posted:

His QB recruiting was pretty amazing. It just didn't make sense for what he wanted his team to do, and died off from some indiscretions on their parts.

Meyer's QBs have to be able to run

The Mack Brown problem

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Spacebump posted:

How many more years would Mack have gotten if David Ashe's brains weren't turned to mush?

None because he wasn't a really good QB

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The only sure thing about Lane is his rear end wouldn't be at Houston in 3 years

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Lane Kiffin, known for his head coaching success

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Yeah recruiting isnt some regional thing anymore. Literally any HS kid trucking a bunch of people ends up on YouTube and is being seen by some coach 5 states away in 2 hours. Granted there were other factors that Schnellenberger capitalised on to build Miami but expecting some guy to just lock down a recruiting area any longer is not gonna happen.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Wanna know what Lane's buyout is. Wonder if they're betting on him being a 5m+ lotto ticket in two years

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
That's barely a speed bump

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
have you considered that Rutgers's bowl appearances are statistical outliers and should be thrown out

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Texas would beat Rutgers by 20

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Texas lost to Kansas.

yeah but Kansas would beat Rutgers by 40

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Ohio State doesn't throw deep because Barrett can't reliably hit a certain side of the field, let alone receivers. His regression is pretty bizarre.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Yeah winning the division isn't some great feat when everyone is garbage. It's the old Big 12 North problem, someone has to win and go be a sacrificial lamb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Scionix posted:

lol we kind of fired our OC a week before the natl. championship uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

run the dang ball
pick 6s

there i just gameplanned for you

• Locked thread