Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
nick saban 2 baylor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
bim teckman

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Bama is not guaranteed to beat LSU if LSU hires a spread offensive guru coach, Bama can barely handle Ole Miss and LSU gets better players than Ole Miss does.

have you not been paying attention to the players ole miss has been "acquiring" recently

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
LSU gonna hire lane kiffin and boy am I going to be laffin

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
so LSU fans; you fired the guy for recruiting incredible players and fielding a shiiiiiiiiiiitttttttt offense and being a general on-field buffoon, this I understand.

Is it so easy to recruit Louisiana you are sure the next guy is just going to keep cleaning up? I'm not trying to be a dick and hell you might be better with top 20 classes and a functioning offense vs top 5 classes with just a defense, but I wonder

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I feel like I am uniquely qualified to post on this issue.

that poo poo was never even close to happening

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
why would a coach known for coaching good defense need to fire his defensive coordinator

why would you retain a coach that needs to fire all of his assistants

why would you retain a coach that hires assistants so badly he has to fire them within two years

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
also categorically and unequivically gently caress any coach who loving gives up wwith 5 minutes left in the game by punting at midfield down 18 points. get the gently caress out with that garbage

*charlie strong after a penalty that negates an OSU first down* "a durr hurr whats going on? first down? he catch so I no decline?!?!?

*charlie strong on fourth down with 5 minutes left down 18* "of COURSE, Watson, the shrewd decision is to punt it here" *blows pipe bubbles*

Scionix fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 2, 2016

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I guess if you are moving to a prime time job that requires you to do a lot of off the field schmoozing you shouldn't hire bush league assistant coaches, huh?

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
just a heads up we're going to hire tom herman and aggy is on the eternal scoreboard having lost to case mccoy's dumbass face. thank you.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

fast cars loose anus posted:

It was an absolute complete bullshit call

Texas can claim eternal scoreboard all they want but we know they've been ducking us like bitches; we'd have murdered those terminal stage Mack Brown teams without even trying.

now thats a loose anus!!

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Neil Armbong posted:

My current thoughts are keeping Strong around for another year under the condition that he's cleaning house on D. I think long-term, it's important for Texas to show that a coach will get a legit shot to turn the program around. I don't envy the AD in having to make this choice.

what is there left to "clean house" about. Why do you trust the guy to make executive decisions when his coordinator hires were spectacularly bad. Why do you think he would improve the defense when the defense has done nothing but regress. 3 years is plenty of time to show improvement when you're making five million dollars a year.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I am going to be the next head football coach at the university of texas.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Genocide Tendency posted:

No.

It would take Saban 4-5 years worth of gutting the staff and players to rebuild it into what he knows best. The most boring team ever.

Oregon fans would melt down having to watch 10 minute 15 4 yard run play drives to kick a field goal, and win 16-7 games. They need Mike Leach or Peterson.

oh hey look it's someone who's literally never watched alabama play a football game in the past four years

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
we could run 2008 alabama with glenn coffee and john parker wilson against the pac 12 and have fourty PPG easy

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

LLCoolJD posted:

2008 Alabama lost to future-PAC-12 team Utah 31-17. Saban hadn't had quite enough time to create his juggernaut by that point.

i didnt say we'd win all of them :grin:

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
howd u know i posted that in 2008

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

an adult beverage posted:

Looks like he wants Sarkisian as OC maybe? What was his offense at USC and Washington, standard pro style?

Although coaching at Purdue and living in West Lafayette might drive him back to drinking.

sarkesian is ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I request that Scionix be banned before the first of the annual Saban Bama v Herman Texas National Championship games.

:grin:

PrinceRandom posted:

Texas will never be good again actually.

good thing you didnt get owned forever and for all time against one of these horrible texas teams OH WAIT

Scionix fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 20, 2016

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Democrazy posted:

As far as Charlie Strong goes, the worst thing about it for me is that I think Charlie Strong could win a national championship at another school. If Texas were to be so lucky as to get in the playoffs in future years, I could see them getting beaten by Strong once he's figured out a place where he can be successful like he was at Louisville.

y'all are loving delusional. Did you pay attention to any decision he made int he past 3 years? Did you watch the games?

also I'm fine with the AD statement but they should've cancelled the press conference. making him get up there and act like everything is normal is dumb as hell. writing's on the wall.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Adun posted:

Also just shows some time you can make the best possible hire and still have it turn into a dumpster fire

charlie strong did not fail texas. texas failed charlie strong. charlie strong is the best coach, and also my friend, and he is strong, with big muscles. all hail charlie strong.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

big juicy nectarine posted:

I want to be clear that I don't think Strong should be retained. It's time for him to leave, and he's not a good fit with Texas, for whatever reason, which likely includes him not knowing how to coach this style of program and the onus of that is on him. I was more rolling my eyes at Scionix acting like Strong was never good and shouldn't be complimented whatsoever.

weird it's almost like he was never approaching good at his tenure at texas including such monumentous failures as losing to loving kansas and retaining shawn watson for two goddamn years

Sab0921 posted:

Texas has been one of the worst major programs in the country over Strong's tenure. They are 16-20 with a loss to Kansas and a shutout loss to Iowa State. There were numerous blow outs (Texas gave up 31 points in a quarter to TCU) and no signs of marked improvements. The same issues (not being able to play on the road, poor discipline, poor game management) have plagued Texas throughout Strong's tenure.

He is a bad coach and I don't have an issue saying it. I think he caught fire in a bottle with Bridgewater at Louisville which is what led to his success as a head coach.

Basically, Charlie Strong is Will Muschamp.

Will Muschamp fielded a good defense at florida and won 11 games at one point. In all likelihood he is going to have more wins at South Carolina year one than Charlie Strong will year 3 at Texas. And Will Muschamp sucks.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
lol our president and AD are a joke

gently caress Charlie strong we're paying him 5m a year to lose to loving kansas. I dont even care if the replacement is a one year beater, Charlie deserves to be fired on his own merit anyway.

that being said herman going to LSU doesn't make a whole lot of sense so until I see something official I'm going to hold out hope

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Spacebump posted:

Hasn't LSU already been able to do that?

which is funny because all the idiots in the big12 keep saying "hurr durr HS recruits in Texas won't ever play defense seven on sevens durrrr"

and then wow they go to LSU and whoops they can tackle now. LSU's first round, top ten safety pick? From Texas.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

big money big clit posted:

It makes perfect sense when you consider that LSU has an open head coach position and Texas does not. Also because Texas sucks.

im being burned by these hot takes!!! somebody help!!!

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

It's not a done deal, but LSU is prepared to make a hire on Saturday while Texas will still be waiting to play and decide if they want to fire their coach. That's a pretty serious advantage and obviously things have progressed pretty far if we're seeing these reports.

we play, and therefore are likely to fire charlie, on friday

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
guys ive talked to tom herman in person and he pinky sweared he was going to Texas so you are all big stupid heads

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Did he kiss you on the mouth?

Did you like it?

yes and im still thinking about it

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Adun posted:

What guarantee is there that Texas makes anything official any time soon?

I would be very surprised if they didn't say something after the game friday or early saturday morning

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Early in his 11th season. I'm not really sure you can say that they were quick to fire him.

you're going to get owned when we hire head football coach, Tom Herman!!!

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

He recruited well at Ole Miss and his teams were still bad. There's more to it than just getting highly touted recruits. There's making sure you get the highly rated guys who actually fit what you're trying to do. There's picking coordinators that can do the job and fit what you're trying to do. There's picking assistants that can coach them up. There's managing players and keeping them on focus week after week. There's managing boosters and keeping money flowing into the program.

I'd like someone who has shown they can balance all of that to some degree to coach my football team.

it says here

*checks notes*

uhh it says here "tommy tubberville will be available"

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
they fired les miles and hired ed orgeron i cant stop laughing

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
whooooooooo charlie strong apologism out in full force on ESPN

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
congratulations to the perpetually owned lsu tigers hook em horns BITCH

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

That Works posted:

I already pulled out of the alumni association for UT once the whole "lets let college kids bring guns on campus" thing passed.

Still watch them on TV when I can but am not going back to campus or giving money in any way to the program from here on out. Sucks.

you stopped donating to the university which featured students grabbing guns and shooting back at the clocktower sniper, because they now officially allow guns on campus.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

PostNouveau posted:

It's probably better for all if you gave that money to a real charity anyway, but the school had absolutely no power over that and fought it in every way it could.

Also that, the president loving hates the thing

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Grittybeard posted:

You are impressively committed to your shithead gimmick I have to admit.

at first they came for the rape enablers and concussion ignorers, and I said nothing,

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

curried lamb of God posted:

How should I feel about this

he's a good recruiter and his offense works for the most part so you could probably do worse? I dunno depends if he's learned anything the past 3 years

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
as someone invested in teams in both conferences the sec doesnt have terrible offenses sans florida/LSU[lsu mostly fixed this after miles] but the big 12 sure as gently caress has just pants-shittingly awful defenses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
FWIW with Wilson going to Bama I doubt it. We already have Sark, and hiring a guy that abused players and suppressed injury reports is a bit beyond hiring a jackass/a drunk. Thanks in advance to the guy that links me a bleacher report article about medical greyshirts and over-signing.

• Locked thread