Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Rick posted:

Richrod still has the school bending over backwards to make him happy, and that's probably going to go on for quite a while. But there's almost an anti-buzz to football this year (which isn't that unusual if you've been in Tucson long enough), and it's not unprecedented for the community to just say "ah gently caress it" after the first loss of the year and then the team's basically just playing for the student section. That might make that call from West Virgina a lot more attractive. I hope I'm wrong!

Richrod is in the tough spot of having to play (by looking at their schedule) 4-5 games (this season) that could go either way this year and the power dynamic of the Pac12 shifting away from Oregon the last few years to maybe USC coming back in a big way. I don't really know that WVU would be any easier for him to win or maintain success at, with Texas, OU, Baylor, and TCU on the docket too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

NippleFloss posted:

Les Miles will be fired this year.

Herman to LSU seems like a thing that could very well happen. I know he has a good thing going at Houston, but he could get rocketed to a big school quickly.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

NippleFloss posted:

What I'm getting from this is that Jimbo is coming back to Baton Rouge.

Not before Tom Herman has a shot there.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

NippleFloss posted:

I would greatly prefer Herman, but there is a cadre of boosters that apparently very much want Jimbo because he has history here and he is proven.

I mean, Les is proven too by the standard of winning a natty :v:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Wait, does that mean Les is out and dacoacho is interim head coach or just that Cameron is out and dacoacho is interim OC?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What this tells me is that if you are the head coach at a team who hires Oregron, just go ahead and quit because eventually he will just be the interim head coach

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

This could be like that thing where a ton of reports came out that Todd Grantham had been fired from UGA, and everyone essentially said "Good Riddance." It was used as a litmus test to show that the fan base was totally fine if he got shown the door, money be damned.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

BunLengthHotDog posted:

Who wins in a bidding war between Houston and LSU? Doesn't Houston have a few really loaded boosters?

Both have oil money, but I have the sneaking suspicion that LSU and their associated boosters will outspend on a really, really stupid deal if they had to.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

~*~ THE RUMOR MILL ~*~ says that LSU has reached out to Herman and Art Bryles via their agents

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Saban to Texas was fun whereas the Harbaugh to Michigan offseason was annoying.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Raku posted:

as if saban would tolerate a plane route that wasn't a straight line

unless he is telling the earth to stop spinning (which I am sure that a booster somewhere would fund), gotta curve a little bit due to the rotation and curvature of the earth

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Who was Strong's DC while in L'ville? I seem to remember his defenses being really stout.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Dabo with Texas recruits could be scary, kinda like Herman with LSU recruits.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

Oregon going to boring rear end Les-ball would be awful

Or really, really funny.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

wernox posted:

Honestly? I want Jim Cheney to come back to Purdue. He was a great recruiter and he's an offensive genius when he isn't trying to fit in.

That would be totally OK with me :v:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

dphi posted:

What's the deal with Kendal Briles? Any talk of him taking the HC job at Baylor at some point? If not, an HC job elsewhere?

I feel like there was some grumbling that Gus was at least speaking to him, so there were rumors for a hot minute that he would go there as an OC.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That and Saban has been getting less and less pro-style manual since Kiffin has been on staff. He is willing to go with what works, and if that means sacrificing a goat to find the next up and coming spread guru before anyone else does, he can and will do it.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Not to mention if it's a coach that has a lot of buzz around them, even a lower level of competition, buy in happens quickly and the first couple of recruiting years help out there too, especially at somewhere like Texas

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The current Kiffin offensive style does pull in a lot of spread, but it is more spread to run than anything else. And by run, they mean any kind of run. Ive seen some sweeps, reverses, RBs, and QB keepers. It has some pro-style concepts, but only insofar as the fact that even with a really mobile quarterback who can make plays in and out of the pocket, they have the personnel to run over pretty much anyone if they feel like going into man-ball and milking the clock. I dunno about how he would do as a head coach again, but I think you could take Kiffin's offensive style and it would be rad at Texas, and other than being a bit complex (due to the fact that he has had time to get folks in his system for a few years), it would fit right in.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

DrunkPanda posted:

Exquisite.... I bet according to them, he was actually holding them back. They are going to be even better with their new coach!

Kiffin to Houston imho

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Korranus posted:

Todd Orlando isn't flying back to Houston with UH tonight, so expect his contract at Texas to be unveiled tonight or tomorrow.

And it's official:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/17/todd-orlando-confirms-hes-the-new-defensive-coordinator-at-texas/

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I don't know if I would file this under recruiting or coaching, but a recruit asked Hugh Freeze about the NCAA investigation and Freeze replied " when you’re that big and out there with faith in Christ," he’s like, "what do you expect? Jesus got nailed to the cross."

:stare:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

it is really funny that Grantham is getting back into the SEC. I wonder if he is getting paid as much as L'ville was

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I could see Chip doing OC in the NFL, but I just couldn't see him doing it in college again. Maybe he joins some team as an analyst position like Lane or Sark (though they were already tapped to be the OC anyway) and just uses that to keep himself in the game without doing any damage to himself until a position opens he wants.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I kinda don't believe that Gus will let his new OC really have all the say in designing and deploying the offense.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Is that just salt or are you serious because Alabama has a line that can usually run on everyone with impunity

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The vaunted Florda 'made a key 3rd down stop but committed a personal foul' defense

LeeMajors posted:

Um, Big Dumb Football now resides in Columbia, SC.

Now we just Don't Break But Then Shatter-->where we will hold you to 1.1ypp then give up an 80yd TD in busted nickel coverage with 5 first round DBs.

Yeah I was gonna say that is more of a Muschamp defensive calling card.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

dphi posted:

Chip wasn't coming back dude

Because he'll be at Florida after Coach Mac gets let go.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Someone is going to write an article about how Saban not being able to keep ahold of an offensive coordinator means his dynasty is over and there are many troubles in Tuscaloosa, book it.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

I have no idea what the falcons are doing but I am extremely excited for Mike Locksley to be Bama's OC

Chip Kelly to T-town would be hilarious and also disgusting because even if he hated recruiting, he could pull any player he wanted in an area much easier to naturally recruit than Oregon was while the Alabama juggernaut continued. That being said, Chip isn't going to come back to college.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA's D-Line coach Tracy Rocker has parted ways with the team, no real word on if he is going elsewhere (though there are rumblings South Carolina wants him) or just the last bit of attrition from the Richt era. Don't know who would replace him, but he did a pretty good job at UGA.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Spintzel posted:

Saw that he got dropped after getting in a shouting match with a recruits mother. Sounds like a perfect fit for a Muschamp program!

Yeah the message board rumors are that after Solomon had that "gently caress Michigan" video posted, which he was with a bunch of UGA recruits, his Mom put the kabosh on UGA as a choice at all and Rocker went off. Before that Solomon was a silent commit and Kirby pit the blame of him ending up at Michigan on Rocker and felt like it was bad enough that Rocker had to go. Who knows how much is actually true though

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Time posted:

I don't know how people can follow recruiting after you read a paragraph like this. It's homeroom gossip filtering up to adults on the internet lmao

yeah I agree. I just sign up for the free 247 alerts for general football stuff, but I'd never pay to get info on high school kids. That little diddy I saw on /r/cfb, but I've also seen it on other UGA blogs.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA should have sent a better cake and Tracy Rocker would still have a job.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Bump is a cool name so there is that

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

:siren:Rumors:siren: out of Kansas State are that Bill Snyder is stepping down due to his health.

I saw one report saying he was being treated, and another report saying he had to be hospitalized. Get well, Purple Wizard :smith:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

big money big clit posted:

Well, that and realistically Alabama is winning the west basically every year til Saban is called home to hell

Yeah then Dabo goes back to his Alma Mater and the Tide continues to dominate.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

E: Meant to post that in the general NCAA thread, but UGA did pick up a S&C coach from Nebraska

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 5, 2017

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

Bill Snyder's still going to be coaching Kansas State when he's a brain in a jar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

They could pay me 250k a year and I'd bust out my NCAA2014 playbook. Save the extra million, Alabama!

• Locked thread