Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

When is Heard expected to be back? Last I checked we still didn't know the severity of his injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Pakled posted:

ESPN just had a chyron saying Herman to LSU is a done deal.

gently caress. Hope it's not true.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

If we had just fired Strong earlier, this wouldn't be happening. gently caress you, Mike Perrin.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wasn't ESPN also the network that claimed Charlie Strong was fired several days ago?

I'm not sure the Herman to LSU deal is really done yet.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Just heard about Strong's firing and the Tom Herman hire from a friend. I'm happy about it, but I hope Daric's comments about Herman being a little slimy aren't true. Texas loves character guys, and if Herman's personality doesn't jive with that then his time at Texas is gonna be... interesting. And possibly short.

I also really hope Herman doesn't fire Sterlin Gilbert, even if they do have different offensive philosophies, as we're making some pretty great strides under Gilbert and should be better next year if he stays. The defense and special teams staff should go, but I want Gilbert to stick around.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Really not wanting Applewhite as OC

Yeah me neither. I wouldn't mind Gilbert sticking around though. A little diversity in offensive philosophy might do Texas some good.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

PostNouveau posted:

Is he good?

Quoting because it got buried under the Jersey Chat. Is Todd Orlando good or nah?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Pretty much the only thing I look for in a Texas AD anymore is a willingness (preferably an intent) to schedule A&M again in the near future.

I hope they move Plonsky though. Texas doesn't need two ADs, and nobody has EVER liked Plonsky.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Couple of days old, but Tom Herman has announced his full staff at Texas.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Chart-Tom-Herman-completes-Texas-staff-for-2017

I really hope Todd Orlando is good and Beck doesn't turn out to be a wet fart. :ohdear:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Thermos H Christ posted:

lol remember how we hired Tim Beck, the second coming of Greg Davis? Objectively successful when given a roster stocked with top-tier recruits, universally reviled by the fans who have to watch his offenses. I guess that's not super surprising since at the end of the day Tom Herman is from the Greg Davis coaching tree.

I'm really worried about having Beck as our OC. I hope he ends up being better than expected.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

drunk leprechaun posted:

And the lifestyle man. Working three days a week. And the whole travel nursing thing. Like yeah night shift sucks and you work really hard and have to deal with death but seriously people convince your kids to become nurses.

Yeah but do nurses get fame and bitches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

TheGreyGhost posted:

I literally can't wait to see Herman lose his mind as his OC manages to destroy Buchele's footwork and probably get Ehlinger a concussion within a couple weeks from running him

I want Tim Beck to work out so bad. :(

We should've kept Gilbert. :smith:

• Locked thread