Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

freelop posted:

My dashboard has a handy new function of saying STOP when I'm stopped.

Also it shows a genie lamp so I'm going to get wishes right?

Edit: jokes aside just did a dip stick check and it came out clean. Whoopsy daisy

"Uh, yeah, I guess my oil light's been on for a little while..." - Friend of mine whose car died on the interstate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Holy poo poo I just found out that Nutserts are a thing! http://kk.org/cooltools/26740/

I've been trying to figure out how to mount a dead pedal to my Jeep for a while now, and was about to JB-weld it in place.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

What I'm hearing is that I should use anti seize.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Buy your oil at Costco, where it comes in cases of six singles. My wangler drinks Mobile 1 since it's so cheap not insanely expensive!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Do I detect a hint of pajama pants?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

leica posted:

Try the Superfeet inserts and have the best loving shoes ever http://www.amazon.com/Superfeet-Blu...words=superfeet

Spent all day putting up shelves in my laundry room yay! Love when the entire weekend is taken up by projects :smith:

Here's a really dumb question -- when you buy shoe inserts, are you supposed to trim them to fit the inside of your shoe? How much fiddling does that usually take?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Adiabatic posted:

inputs required to dispatch correctly are wide and varied and hellish.

Software would be easy if it weren't for the drat users.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

Much like your posts but we still have to look at them.
You don't have to if you use the ignore feature.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Sounds like you got money and the buyer got a bike. That's far from a fuckup. Selling things fast is often worth not having the headache of extracting top dollar.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

Should it be operating that hot, or did I luck into an abnormal state on it?

It should not be operating that hot, no.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Hey if anyone in the Chicago area wants a free Zeiss transmission electron microscope, hit me up.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

drat IT drat IT drat IT

I want it :(

If you can store it, I'd drive up to get it. I don't have PMs, so email me.

krausengineering at the gee mails

Emailed.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

I don't this dump has been added yet but I would suggest everyone sign up for notifications from https://haveibeenpwned.com/. They collect well-known breaches and notify users if their email appears in their breach. Not a catch all, doesn't have all breaches, just the majority of the well-known ones.

The guy who runs HIBP actually works to verify the breaches, which is awesome.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

The Locator posted:

Pretty sure the pictured gun would be illegal in the US since it appears to be suppressed, and hand guns aren't allowed any sort of extension back from the grip. I'm not even sure what that extension thing is supposed to be for, a brace along the bottom of the forearm?

The grip extension is weird, but it's not technically a stock since it's not intended for shouldering (there are goofy AR pistol "braces" that fall under the same category in the US). If I recall correctly, it's purpose is to make the gun large enough to be legal.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

InitialDave posted:

My point is, you used to be able to own and shoot a common-or-garden revolver or semi handgun, as is familiar to the average American shooter.

American gun owners are totally used to idiotic laws that ban certain features, and even more idiotic modifications to get around those laws. We understand, dude.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

Also for a second I thought he was swinging the hammer at his own junk which pretty much sums up talking gun control.

It looks like he's hit his junk a few times already.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Yesterday I went to Costco and couldn't find the gigantic things of Crazy Person Soap, so I angrily bought a Shitload of Poptarts. I promptly forgot about those until just now. I'm excited for what tomorrow holds. I'm gonna eat pop tarts

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

A tiny bit, since it fucks up the hostess's order and she has to re-balance which waiters get how many tables, etc. Also, a screaming baby is like a smelly person -- you're supposed to pretend like you don't notice.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I mean, it sounds like the hostess and your friend's fiance were kinda jerks about it too, don't get me wrong.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

scuz posted:

Guys I have a confession:

I've never listened to a podcast. How do I do this on Android? Do I do this the same way I do with any kind of music or is there a special super secret app™ that I need? TOO MANY APPS.

I use Podcast Addict. You point it at a podcast[0], and it figures out what episodes there are and in what order they go. It then lets you download episodes for future playback. I don't think it notifies you when new episodes come out (though that might be configurable), but it is aware of them.

[0]Like, you give it the URL to the podcast's website and it figures out what the url to the RSS feed is, etc.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I think Meile vacuums are regarded as the cream of the crop nowadays.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I've got a Miele and its real nice. I forget what I had before but it's leagues better and really picks crap out of the carpet.

Do you have the kind with the electric beater, or the air-powered beater?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

fyodor posted:

Lookit daddy warbucks over here.

I'm sincerely sorry you're forced to use a mcdonald's straw and your smallest child's lungs.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

They hurt so good, don't they? I made the jump from MSP to Jeeps just for the parts availability.

Could you drain the system and patch it from the inside?

slidebite posted:

Air powered ones suck and not in a good way.

I was curious about that. Guess I'll save my pennies and get the electric type.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Enourmo posted:

It's a pretty small piece, the coolant line that goes into it is like 1/4" OD past the flare. Is there some sort of liquid rubber I could dab on both sides with a Q-tip or whatever that would seal the hole and cure quickly while still being flexible?

Something like Liquid Electrical Tape comes to mind, or maybe a two-part epoxy, or some silicone sealer. RTV maybe?

If these are bad suggestions someone will probably yell at me, so maybe wait a second before you gum up your coolant galleys.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

My wife's in her last year of medical school, and she's on the trauma rotation this month, so they've been running her ragged from 5 AM to 7 or 8 PM six days a week for the past three weeks (just about -- she gets to go home at 1 or 2 on Saturdays). So, it's perfectly understandable that she fell asleep watching The Clone Wars on the couch. What's annoying is that makes me her personal snooze alarm: "Hey, you should get up and take a shower and come to bed." "Nooo, five more minutes..."

The Locator posted:

Yes, special ants that make model wooden ships.

This is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

I guess every ounce counts. Those keycaps are unsprung weight, you know.

• Locked thread