Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The wedding quest in hearts of stone is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i finished the Hearts of Stone dlc last night and it was really loving good, like, i think the quests are better than the main game in writing/choice/pacing, although theres some fights towards the end that are annoying as poo poo. looking forward to starting the new dlc now

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I just hit level 40 as geralt raised his sword to the crowd as champion of the knights tourney in the new dlc. This poo poo is awesome you get an upgradeable vineyard with display cases and stuff.
Its crazy how good the writing is, like everybody you meet even if they have three lines is a well developed character. Theres assholes you have to deal with a lot and cool characters that are there for five seconds and then gone forever.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

You have to have a master level craftsman make the good poo poo for you, which theres only s couple of in game, but with the latest patch you can buy ingredients off the crafting screen which is really good

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its cool how 4 guys 5 levels lower than you can be as much of a threat as one big monster higher than you. The combat feel is hard to describe exactly but if youve played dark souls it will click fast. Self preservation oriented, crowd management, and lots of poking out openings for a couple hits and dodging out

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Also theres quests you can win by using the in game magic the gathering, and whenever you ask someone if they want to play a match they give you the creepy grin

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I just cleared out a bandit camp in the new dlc that had at least 35 bandits snd a pack of dogs. 35 is how many corpses i counted so there could have been more. All attacking at the same time archers and all. I was kiting the horde around the ruins just doing damage when possible using the ekimmara concoction and quen with the heal upgrade but even with that it took me like five tries, i use light armor so like two or three solid hits was death. That was one of the craziest video game battles ive ever experienced

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hell bent to win gwent

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Grandmother of Five posted:

not trying to troll, but when people say the world building and writing is good, + the design is good, the music is good. but nobdy is saying the combat + gameplay is good, then everything, imo, is probably actually bad.

its more like the other stuff just outshines the decent combat mechanic because its leagues better than in other games, whereas other games do the combat part better. The combat is still really satisfying but the world/story itself is what actually motivates you to do stuff which is rare and how games should be imo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Its more telling that nobody is bitching about the combat, the story and world building is like 50 percent of the gameplay

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Every once in a while you come across some random bartender with a bastard of a gwent deck and its a loving nilfgaard deck every loving time

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol yeah that was great

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I hope theres only four factions to reflect the laws of nature that the original creators intended

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

10% is highest ive seen at like level 45, but theres a runecraft in the hearts of stone dlc that lets you have crazier effects

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the swimming is completely fine in MM3DS

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Im up to the last quest for Blood and Wine but i want to do all the side quests first but i want to just beat the game already

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

its probably the best looking game out yet

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah. the standalone gwent game is about to go into beta or something but idk if im that interested in playing gwent outside of the witcher 3

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

question i dont really trust the thing in the tree asking me to bring it its bones but i also dont trust the witches. i agreed to help the thing but is there any right decision here?

not really, but like two more quests hinge on that decision. follow your heart

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

ive punched a deer to death before. and petted a deer. its not that different from eachother, easy to do with a handful of animal food

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

I made it to skillege and it good again

make sure to fist fight everyone on both coasts

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yeah idk why anyone wouldnt pick the option that lets you default on a deal with the devil and tell him to go gently caress himself

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

reminds me of guided by voices

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

doing blood and wine now and it owns so much

Yeah that first moment when you get in and all the colors are super vibrant and everythings lush is so good

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

frank.club posted:

tbf the author guy didn't truly gently caress up until 2. but being owned for not understanding how big the games industry is is pretty intense

imo he deserves it because he didnt have enough faith in his works to think hed be seeing returns

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

be careful with using whatever liqour though theres some liqour you need to make potions and the game usually auto picks i think? i remember one of the most common potion liqours would get autoquaffed on resting

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

extremebuff posted:

drat you will straight up miss out on poo poo if you're not paying attention.

theres a certain quest early on where you need to help with a ghost problem. you talk to the ghost, and they ask you to do them a favor. my first run, something was obviously up so i refused and a boss fight ensued, then it started this whole other chain of events that lead to more exposition and rewards.

this time, i decided to just trust the ghost to see what would happen. she murders a dude, quest completed. no boss, no more story, no follow-up quest, just, you did it geralt! :/

everyone can potentially be lying to you and theres consequences for believing them

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i spent like two days of playing the witcher 3 just travelling the land buying gwent cards and doing quests to afford more so I could have a killer deck lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

theres actually an awesome payout via a quest if your gwent deck is powerful and your skills up to par

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

epic questfeel

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Gerard of rivia voice: Grunt. Cum on a dwarfs oval office. Someone made this same joke a month ago.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

*gerard flashes the shocker and his eues light up like the end of Thriller* "Is that a reference to something??"

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

witcher, its your old friend zoltan! how about we play some gwent?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i looked on google and it says it works only attacks that can already be dodged, and you have to be dodging directly towards the enemy. so basically for the ability to work you need to a: intentionally roll towards the enemy once it starts to use an attack on you (but it has to be an attack you can dodge) and b: mess up the roll, which already has 1 million iframes without the skill, and then get hit. so basically a specific situation that only godly gamer darksydephil could ever find himself in

Lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Also the extra money theyre willing to pay you would just be spent neglecting their peasant family at the village tavern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

funny screenshot of the witcher 3 i saw in fyad

Lmao

• Locked thread