Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

whats the witcher 3 gameplay like?

playng on the highest difficultys pretty mch mandatory, itm akes you use all the bombs nd potions you get and be tactical about combat in a cool way. i still thnk the combat is kind of whatever but that helps a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kazvall posted:

Hah how fleshed out is the in game tcg?

its really cool, lot of fun

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

apropos to nothing posted:

now if only we could get them out of your posts

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

card gme in xenosaga episode 1's my second fave, it was so fuckn cool. played gwent for like n hour and a half last night and it's probably number 3 though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Has anybody here played the Witcher Adventure Game? How is it?

real fuckin bad, it's total trash

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

that prt worked fine, karma didnt because killing raiders gave you a shitload of good krma and they were hostile to everyone

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yyah i just finished the main plot in velen nd it sucks that the resolution to the main plot in velen is well she was in novigrad all along just like they fuckn told you at the beginning of the game. why the fjuck did i even come here then

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

otoh the bloody barons a really well written character nd the crones are great villains, that whole side quest is great

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rediscover posted:

idk i haven't decided yet. prolly the red head, natch

ggood choice imo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the potions are super powerful if you have the patience to stop and pick your way through 30000 decoctions to find the thing you want in the middle of every sword fight, by which I mean you should stick the bullet time one and the 'gently caress poisons' one in quickslots and ignore everything else to do with them entirely

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hwes mad becase he signed away his rights t o videogame money nd now cd projekt red is richer than God Himself

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

at launch there was an exploit where you could slaughter infinitely respawning cows in White Orchard for their hides and make infinite money. when they addressed it in a patch , the notes just said "Added Bovine Defense Force Initiative" and now a massive overleveled Chort shows up and murders you if you kill too many cows. Also in one of the expansions if you're holding too much money a tax collector shows up and accuses you of "engaging in illegal rawhide trade in the white orchard reigon" or something lol

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

put it on the highest difficulty, youve got to pay attention to the systems and its way more fun. otherwise th game does a pretty good job of explaining itself

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ij ust checked my save and it was on hard not death march lol. thats the sweet spot imo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I saw someone was asking for a quick beginner's tip for this game, and I have some pretty good ones:

-Make SURE that you gather as many Ghoul Snouts as you can before completing the Black Knight's Challenge side quest- if you have less than thirty on your person, you'll be locked out of the quest's REAL ending
-If you find any letters, books, Lore material etc. DO NOT READ THEM! You'll get a silver achievement at the end of the game if you don't read anything
-When the QTE to kill your father at the end of the first act comes up, don't do it immediately, wait for him to finish speaking. Makes the scene a lot more emotional and tense
-When you get to the Aurora Valley region part way through act 2 you'll find three griffons in a canyon immediately to the south, a red, green, and yellow one. Kill them in the following order- Green-Yellow-Red. You will be immediately transported to the final boss and skip the bulk of the game entirely.

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th ghost also causes a plague that kills a shitload of people. nice goin geralt

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

god lmao will i just run into this eventually? or should i go somewhere specific

i dont think it shows up in the actual game, just in th bestiary entry on the plague ghost or in dandelions quest summary or somethin

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's fun but it's no Arcomage

xenocard from xenosaga 1 was th poo poo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i did, but mostly bcause there were card packs hidden in the world and i wanted to mess with them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

• Locked thread