Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

IXIX posted:

This full AP Ekko poo poo is so useless

Lol, he wasn't full AP. Rod/MR item/Lichbane means he moves fast, tanks a lot and sustains like crazy while doing tons of damage. He bought a shitload of utility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

anti-magic posted:

The tower aggro changes are extremely good. I don't get why they changed the cannon minion spawns though? Lane swaps can gently caress off forever though, I was getting real tired of watching the same little choreographed dance play out every game.

The cannon minion change seems good, it provides a rotating power lane so timing it is going to be important at high levels.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

I feel like every team forgot that you have to have five players with a common goal instead of five really good players doing random stuff, except FlyQuest. Balls and co are listening to Hai and even if they're not as good individually as other players having everyone on the same page is powerful. It's like a reverse TSM.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Firebert posted:

lol that was bascially every Eve game I've played that hasn't ended in 25 mins :v:

Yeah, they had Eve and the enemy had Camille. They had to shut the enemy out before the late game happened at all.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Zerilan posted:

Flyquest's win was more dominant than either of c9, but if they played a rematch set right away, I'd expect probably the same outcome, with fly having a more impressive winning game but losing the series 2-1 again.

I have to disagree. Fly lost due to bad pick/bans. First game they gave up Camille and they couldn't deal with her late despite crushing her early and game 3 was a 4.5v5 when Zilean neutered Zed. If they have an even pick/ban I think Flyquest is the better in game team.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Zerilan posted:

Draft phase is as much a team skill as anything else.

Oh definitely, the drafts from Fly were completely retarded and that's why they lost. It's not illegitimate or anything.

EDIT: To clarify I think that in another series they wouldn't make the same pick/draft mistakes. I've heard that Jensen promised Hai he'd play an assassin into Zed but that may just be a rumor.

NovemberMike fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Feb 13, 2017

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Firebert posted:

Watching Impact play Camille right now in solo queue - lol this champ is still completely busted after her nerfs, surprising no one.

Camille's like the old Kassadin. She'll be busted or unplayable until they remove some stuff from her kit.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

wodin posted:

I know the whole ADC in 2017 meme, but I sort of wish it would come back. These games with 4-5 Marksman in them are miserable to watch as both teams are completely terrified to engage even with bullshit-level tank tops because the ADCs do absurd damage and can just kite backwards.

The real problem is edge of night, I think it's relatively balanced on champs that want to go in but if it's used defensively from 500+ range it just nullifies engage.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

JerryLee posted:

Would it help to make lethality scale differently for ranged vs. melee? Like the stat has half the effect on a ranged champion, or something. That would avoid the hamfistedness of going through and marking everything melee.

Nah, this stuff is all mostly bad. The problem is with some ranged AD casters having ridiculous poke right now (Varus, Jhin) and getting too much safety while building those items. If you want to hit the poke you can hit their abilities, this isn't a generic ADC problem. If you want to hit the survivability then making edge of night melee only would do the trick.

Marksmen are pretty much always op when they get too much survivability. It's not really tank since they don't tank shots but the top ADCs went from jump carries like Trist and Corki that could get out of danger to ranged bruisers that could actually tank with Sterak's and Cleaver to ultra poke champs that can sit 1000 range behind their front line and can't be CC'd.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLDryQi3hNI

The Unicorns of Love manager appeared on a Riot show to discuss the state of the EU LCS a bit. In particular, it was a need to grow EU talent and encourage EU players to better themselves and it was discussing the idea of importing Koreans just to attempt and fill gaps in your roster and why it doesn't work. It was a great bit, and he went and expanded upon it on Reddit

I've said it before but trying to plug and play Koreans in your team isn't always a guarantee you're going to win your region, and it's certainly never helped another region beat another Korean team. It's the biggest issue China had, derailing themselves for years for trying to rely on the Korean All-Stars who seemed to hurt their chances at World's more than helping them and as we see now, the players returning to Korea who are back in their comfort zone are playing better than they have been in a long time.

I feel like that idea that you want five similar minded players who all speak the same language and don't have to adjust to living in a new environment is why you get teams like CLG and Flyquest doing so well when you look at their rosters and just scratch your head. Of course, there are outliers like FNC's Huni/Reignover duo, G2's Trick, and Cloud9's Impact, but he argues the point that no team is going to beat a Korean team, using other Koreans.

I feel like this is pretty obvious. The difference in individual skill (ie. winning lane, pulling Insecs) isn't usually that high. The difference in teams is usually whether they're on the same page and making good decisions, and Koreans don't always help with that.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Jesus, piglet is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

yeah, what has he ever won.

As a mid laner? If he ever did it wasn't lane.

• Locked thread