Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Asema posted:

I thought C9 would just get 2-0'd but while they lost they did show a lot more fight than I thought they were capable of v:shobon:v

Well IMT did choose a really dumb comp vs C9 in game two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Even IMTs wins weren't one sided though. I agree C9 looked good against NA's Number One Team.

Huni stop loving lying in your interview, just spit the real and say gently caress tanks.

The 2nd C9 vs IMT game in the spring split was also super close and probably my favorite game of the spring split because it was more kills than minutes. I'm just saying IMT dug themselves a hole with that team comp that would have lost against the bottom teams of the LCS.

Huni is just waiting to surprise everyone with a tank in an important series and have it not work because of a meta change.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Is APX vs NRG game one worth watching the VOD later? Well I'll probably just watch the series later, because I want to see how NV vs TL goes. Need to watch the mercenary Seraph win games.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Aumanor posted:

Who the hell designed the new lolesports site, the layout is absolutely garbage and it doesn't even have a proper schedule. And they seem to have removed anything related to regions other than EU and NA.

It looks exactly the same as before to me, so I dunno.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Because I have nothing better to do with my life. If we dropped the third game out of the NA LCS (I.E. used the EU LCS Best of Two) the standings would look like this.

code:
        (W-T-L)
 1. TSM (7-3-0) 24
 2. IMT (6-4-0) 22
 3. TL  (4-3-3) 15
 3. C9  (3-6-1) 15
 5. CLG (3-4-3) 13
 6. APX (2-5-3) 11
 7. NV  (2-4-4) 10
 7. NRG (2-4-4) 10
 9. FOX (1-3-6)  6
10. P1  (0-4-6)  4
CLG would gain a lot from the EU style and NV would lose a lot. NRG, FOX, and P1 are at the bottom either way. For a bold prediction play offs will be: TSM, IMT, TL, C9, CLG, NV. APX will finish 7th and NRG, FOX, and P1 will face relegation.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jul 5, 2016

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Libertine posted:

I missed basically the entire weekend's worth of games. Anything super crazy worth watching?

P1 actually won a series; I think that falls under super crazy.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

YancyQ posted:

New Giants starting to look like old Giants.

Cool.

Well it is the Game 1 Kings in Splyce vs Anti-Tie Giants. It looks like Giant's ability to avoid ties is beating Splyce's ability to throw in game 2.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
FC Steeeeeve 04 vs FNC a Game of Throws @ Baron. With Schalke winning the one that mattered.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Turtle with the Penta! Time to see if IMT throw with Baron buff in CLG's base.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
I feel like someone is telling KiWiKiD that he needs to go ahead and retire already with all the things that happen to him. How many games has he had issues were they had to pause and now they had to remake the lobby.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
P1 vs TSM game is 2 is so insane.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/dscarra/status/756994884922318848

Inori is legit a terror, it's too bad Kindred was nerfed before he got the spot

Inori for super MVP!

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Phoenix WON!

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

But if I could be serious for a moment: TSM have their bye locked up and p1 are 10th in the standings, giving them a win can't possibly hurt TSM. This is a clear strategic move on TSMs part where they let their game fingers rest and played with like, ring and pinky exclusively. See ya in the playoffs, kids. Oh sorry - round two of the playoffs haha.

whoa whoa whoa friend. P1 isn't 10th; that spot belongs to Echo Fox.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Turn off audio and just have https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ playing in the background.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Huni is so tilted holy poo poo

Honestly I kinda want it to be TSM, CLG, and C9 that go to worlds. Huni loves his dumb picks that only work against terrible teams.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Asema posted:

Please win C9, Please.

Well if IMT has another dumb draft; you can just turn the game off and go do something else and come back to a C9 win.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

YancyQ posted:

I hope that those kills that Meteos and Impact donated are tax deductable...

They figure it doesn't matter because IMT will throw at baron eventually.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
How do we get so many audio issues in the LCS. How bad at this do you have to be to mess this up so many times?

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
So probably going to be TSM/CLG on auto-qualify and points and hopefully C9 can go through gauntlet. Especially since IMT shows that they love dumb picks in the top lane.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Wasn't it DIG vs REN last split with the deaths to herald and bot tower? Look where both of those teams are now! May the same fate fall upon Immortals.

Though seriously this series doesn't give me much faith in either team to do very well at worlds. IMT with their refusal to play meta toplaners, and C9 with their inability to close out the game.

Edit: Yeah Week 7 REN vs DIG. BillyBoss and Kiwikid dying to bot turret followed by Hakuho and Crumbz losing to Rift Herald.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

exethan posted:

3-0-0 to 3-7-0 im inclined to agree

While Pobelter didn't do all that great; I kinda wonder if IMT's draft tilted him. Earlier in the split in the Scarra interview he mentioned how IMT's drafting wasn't very good and that they weren't learning from their mistakes. This was obviously on display here with Huni deciding that non-meta top lane picks that require snowballing to work were a good idea. If you think you're good enough to make a snowball comp work you still shouldn't pick it and should do a normal draft because that would still beat your opponents without the risk.

Also I really disliked Wildturtle's Jihn builds; CDR doesn't help you when your ult does next to no damage because you're hitting tanks.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Jerkface posted:

You can see why IMT wins a lot in the regular season and why they get ranked by the media highly. They push the pace of the game even when they are losing, they are very good at side wave control so they can generally always trade an objective if you make a play. They are pretty good at skirmishing and team fighting.

I'd much rather see them at worlds than C9/CLG but their crippling bad brain-ness will cause them to lose the 3rd place match and the gauntlet

I think even RO was tilting in that series too imo, he made a bunch of weird mistakes. The only one who didnt seem to be enjoying the tilt-a-whirl was Adrian. I mean Wildturtle I guess too.

I was most disappointed in Pobelter, since he just never had much of an impact at all despite being a really drat good midlaner all year.

Here is how I'd like to see it go: 1st C9, 2nd CLG, 3rd TSM, and 4th IMT in playoffs. This would put TSM and IMT in the gauntlet. TL beats IMT and loses to TSM, so we end up with TL in 4th as required with C9, CLG, & TSM going to worlds.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Lovechop posted:

how do unicorns always manage to turn their opponents into idiots. what ancient magic is this

Love; the ancient magic is love. It can turn anyone into an idiot.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

IXIX posted:

I like the idea of gently caress it just dive with Taric R but that seems to have not worked

Might have worked; if they didn't complete ignore the Sivir destroying their entire team.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
TSM pulling out the remake card against CLG.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

OGN's mocking of SpotTV has been one of my favorite things about the last season. The day they couldn't use their own cameras to see the players so they had extra OGN crew in the booths wearing cut-out faces of all the players to compensate was great. Riot has been so petty, which is a sin but even worse than that is they've been arrogant. I wouldn't be surprised to see more sponsors, more regions, and even OGN to jump in against Riot on this.

Brazil had a huge controversy recently where it was found that after sister teams were dismantled, an owner had sold the team to his mother and was attempting to start the season that way. A bunch of the large teams in Brazil protested but nothing happened, so they all boycotted the upcoming season and that's literally the only reason Riot Brazil went and punished that owner for trying to be sneaky.

Riot takes the not invented here philosophy to the extreme. Someone else is doing something better? Well gently caress you, since we didn't come up with it it is clearly worse and bad for the players and we can't possibly be wrong. Sound proof booths? Clearly they cause cancer. Increasing tournament pay outs? Makes Jesus weep. Anything that makes LCS teams money? The stipend is good enough and they all make millions anyways!

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

iSurrender posted:

(If you cant support yourself on 25k/yr with free housing then I just dont know what to tell them. Yeah sleeping 5 to a room is super lovely, so negotiate a better contract or go find another job or go to college. There are literally hundreds of thousands of people whod want to be in their shoes, and if the current crop of players drop out for whatever reason there will always be the next best challenger/master player to replace them.)

The bold takes the cake for the dumbest thing said in this thread; even though you already said "It's exactly like Brexit" in the same drat post. No; the situation is not "exactly like Brexit" because Brexit wasn't about leverage. As for the bold statement; you do realize why we have labor regulations right? It is because psychopaths like you can't make someone's life a living hell and then claim that they could always go somewhere else or do something else. It doesn't matter how many applicants there are for a position; using that to justify mistreatment or lack of pay is not the reasoning of what society considers a decent person. It is the reasoning of a petty authoritarian that accomplishes nothing in life that is worth mentioning and the world is better off without.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Monathin posted:

I don't even know what we're fighting over here, is it just whether or not people get a chance at Worlds? Or does the loser of the first set have to be punished in some way.

Winner advances to get destroyed by C9 and then on Monday we'll get an actual series of C9 vs IMT. Going to see if IMT can do their best TL impersonation and finish 4th with TSM, CLG, and C9 going to worlds.

Also, them mentioning that Arcsecond is top of the ladder is so dumb. No poo poo he is at the top, it isn't like the top LCS players are super focused on the ladder.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 3, 2016

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Stolen from reddit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lQgFie0jSk

Dyrus just randomly making his bed on stream always brings a smile to my face. If only he could come out of the retirement home and do that on stage.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Smol posted:

Is that CEO like 20?

He dropped out of Northwestern University to make Immortals with VC money, so yeah he is pretty young.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Libertine posted:

Spending a gently caress ton of money on a video game team is a young man's game.

Spending a gently caress ton of other people's money. I'm curious how he managed to convince venture capitalists that this is a good return on their investment.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Libertine posted:

How loving dumb is it of Riot to produce video content of teams and players before they qualify. I mean they have like 4 weeks between the final qualification and worlds starting, why make hype content for fringe regional teams that end up losing when you could have just started making content of the teams who won their regions first?

Riot being stupid? What are the odds of that?! (100%)

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

dicks assassin posted:

Surrenders are cool and good and more teams should do them. I can get off just fine without seeing nexus turrets die.

But then we wouldn't have got to see G2 lose to VIT after trying to destroy VIT's nexus twice and failing both times and then losing the game.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

dicks assassin posted:

If I'm following this right, LCS loses money, and LCS teams lose money, but big, rich, presumably smart organization keep buying teams. At this point I'm just going to assume everything it being bookkept like Hollywood does its bookkeeping.

The two deals with Dig & Apex and the one with TL aren't entirely LoL focused though. While obviously an LCS spot is being bought in both cases, I'm not so sure it should be looked at as buying into LCS. Rather is might be better to look at it as these groups buying into the e-sports scene with preexisting branding. They're looking at the Risk vs Reward and gambling that e-sports as a whole keeps having more and more money infused in to it. This isn't them saying that they're going to make money as a LCS team, but as an entire brand.

In other words; these are definitely the bad guy owners that will use the huge about of money that they make in LCS and waste it on other games.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Everyone go home, Likkrit won everything.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

flyquest, reignover has been a good rengar player since forever.

Didn't really do much this game with Rengar. C9 White now 2-0 on the first week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Ulio posted:

So Travis just did an interview with Froggen basically saying that nobody is willing to scrim Echo Fox apparently due to Rick Fox not wanting franchising and not siding with the other lcs owners during their arguments vs Riot. I knew the top teams only scrimmed each other but this is really petty imo. Maybe don't transfer or trade with them but denying scrims is kinda of lovely even though they have the right to scrim who they want.

It seems to be only LCS teams so I am guessing this is beneficial for challenger teams since they might get to play an LCS team. EchoFox isn't the best team in LCS so its not like you're getting godly scrim partner but they are probably much better than most challenger teams.

I'm pretty sure Rick Fox isn't against franchising, but he was the only owner to not sign the letter the other owners sent to Riot. I know reddit has the huge thread about this and there are a ton of complaints about how it hurts NA as a region and how it is petty and childish. From the perspective of a team owner, why would they give two shits about "NA"? Besides, until last World's it wasn't like not being garbage got you much in the way of prize winnings. Being fair and honest in business doesn't get you very far and esports brands are definitely a business. It appears that the other team owners view Rick Fox's abstaining as damaging their business interests, so retaliation of some form is always going to happen.

Honestly, I doubt NA will be doing well internationally in league for a long time, so I'll take all the drama and garbage play over no drama and still garbage play.

• Locked thread