Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Great LP, Fargle, I'm really enjoying it. Following your playing speed on Immortal can be a bit much at times, though, so I've been wondering if you'd be willing to do the odd game on Emperor difficulty once in a while, if that's not too little of a challenge for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

Seconded. And then perhaps just carry on down the list.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Thanks for the lunchtime schedule, Fargle. Most convenient! :)

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Great to see you're being such a sport!

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
About resurrecting Maria Theresa in the France game: You can only do that from the last city a civ had before they went down, so the city in question would have been Vienna.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

Phon posted:

Good to have you back Fargle. Really enjoying the peacefulness of this game rather than the constant scramble that was France.

MOAAAAI

Agreed.

MoaiMoaiMoai

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
We need to weaponise the Moai.

MoaiMoaiMoai

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

Captain Fargle posted:

EDIT: Here it is! We lose a war today!

I'm glad you decided to roll back, things were going quite nicely before Bismarck went runaway. I'm repeating my earlier sentiment as well: I won't mind if you go on a lower difficulty for the sake of showing off special features without getting thrown by the AI too much.

Anoia posted:

We can at least dream this is an option... unless Civ VI is really amazing.

Yeah. The subtle rumble as a chain of moai turns into a rain of moai. I really hope VI will allow modding for something like that, just for shiggles.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Since we took it first, shouldn't we rename Hamburg to Manhattan?

E: Never mind, was behind on the updates.

Old Grey Guy fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 5, 2016

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
About Saturday night's slaughterama: I'll see if I can squeeze in a couple of hours to watch, won't have time for much more than that.

Veloxyll posted:

I guess Poland is getting razed then.

So typical for Civ, isn't it? In the past games, Casimir was on our side, now he's our prime target.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
That was tense. Congrats on pulling it off.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014

Captain Fargle posted:

Still pissed about not being able to name a city Gandhistravaganza....

... or Llanfair PG in its full glory.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
^ Sounds like good news for the stream tonight. 8ish, I suppose?

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Sorry about the communication breakdown and just buggering off last night, lads. I kept getting dropped from the stream and the chat over and over so I just called it a night.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Fargle, how do the terrace farms factor into this campaign? We don't seem to be building too many of them, and, from what I can tell, the terrain bonus is a much bigger deal here. How far off am I with this perception*?

* On a Scale of Ogg from 1 to 10

Old Grey Guy fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 6, 2016

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Thanks for the answers, Fargle, it really helps having things pointed out that way. :)

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
How much do the AI bonuses from the higher difficulty come into it at this point? I imagine they've a large (possibly massive) part in the player being left out of options.

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Look after yourself and your granny :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Grey Guy
Feb 12, 2014
Do things change when you choose to play off-line? From your description, Steam seems to be the culprit. This is pure conjecture, though, because I haven't got 6 yet myself.

• Locked thread