Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
The more I play vampire counts the more I realize that playing napoleon total quarrell as the stubby little dwarves sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Hey greenskins, remember when you crossed my lands to take the dwarf capital by surprise, and now you're trespassing BACK to reinforce your half-dead armies?
I'd like to introduce you to someone I like to call Fluffy.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Reik posted:

Playing zone defense is incredibly useful. You can base it off province borders to stop raiders or base it off settlements. For example, you don't need to sit in Iron Rock, just have it within your reinforcement zone (the red circle around your stack) if the enemy is one turn away from attacking it. Even if it's just an inch on the screen, now you can reach them easily and they can't reach the settlement without dealing with your main force.

If they aren't within reach of a settlement, you can hang out further away such that after your first retreat you become within range of the garrison if you don't want to fight them 1 on 1. This is more useful for keeping them from raiding. If you don't mind going 1 on 1 just set up so your regular move can get you back to the settlement in case other stacks show up from other directions.

Does the circle also show garrison range? I'm having some trouble getting a garrison to reinforce ambush parties.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Why the hell does every capital siege play me against a lord with a loving helm of discord?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I can't for the life of me read Heinrich Kemmler in any other way than Heinrich Himmler.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Raged posted:

What do dwarfs have to build to get walls on settlements? My settlements are all lvl 2. The only thing I have found under defense the watch room and guard room which I have found out the hard way do not give me walls.

You get walls when you upgrade your defences to level2, needing a level 3 settlement.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
When I'm besieged and get the option to attack, with the description "fight the enemy at the city walls", why do I get a normal land battle? Are beefy walls just there to look pretty and dissuade small raiding parties?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
gently caress the late-game chaos fluffer tribe whack a mole. Is there a mod that kills them once chaos has been ruined?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Can someone explain to me what brilliant decision made skaelings and those other shitbirds not suffer attrition on undead lands?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kaza42 posted:

Raiding Stance makes you immune to attrition. Skaelings and such do suffer vampiric attrition, but they're almost never not raiding/encamped so it doesn't really hurt them

No raiding stance. Currently at 82% corruption, chaos themselves take attrition, but the developer golden boys just power through without a hitch.
They're a MUCH bigger threat than chaos itself at this point.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

Also depending on the difficulty the AI can have substantial resistance to attrition. By Very Hard it's like 90% or something absurd.

I'm serious, they do not take attrition in my game. The little red flashes don't show up, regardless of stance.

Xae posted:

Because the Norsica Region has as many settlements as the Empire and most of them generate more income.

A good 2/3rds of them are already ruins in my game. They can't reinforce anywhere near the front, so they must be fielding seven or eight full stacks at any point.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Look at this fucker

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm theorizing new frontiers of AI assholery here.

Also Chaos armies aren't immune to Vampire corruption and vice versa, right?

Nope, every pure chaos mob takes attrition damage in my game, and I take attrition damage when I cross the chaos ruins. If you squint and look at my lovely upload, you can se an example of this on my world event bar.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Reztes posted:

My heroes and lords seem underwhelming, but then I tend not to spec for the personal battle stats lines.

This was especially grating going to VC. Suddenly having heroes in your army made a huge difference.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Also, does Chaos get daemons and poo poo now? I didn't see much of what I imagine to be mid to late tier roster except those funnily tragic chariots.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

madmac posted:

I am 100% sure you've never played Chaos.

Chaos needs a huge buff to their replenishment. At this time they're far less of a threat than the tribes.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

So as VC what do you guys do after taking out Templehof and Schwartzwafen? I feel like I'm in a delicate diplomatic situation and I want to piss off as few people as possible.

West. Ostermark is a huge slog and you can't occupy dwarven cities. Most of the human factions have few allies, and keeping the border princes intact gives you a buffer between the waagh and yourself.
Just raze that one bloody spearz settlement directly to the south of fort oberstyre, and you're good to go. A trade agreement with zufbar may soon follow.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I found that the bloody spearz were fond of spamming raid groups over your lands into zhufbar, costing precious gold at an early stage. Driving them off completely was the best recourse.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rakthar posted:

You could get +2000 gold and 1 level for your guys every time you click end turn, or you could 'drive them off at an early stage.' I'm having a hard time making an argument for the second over the first. Does the free money and Lord / agent XP they provide bother you?

Only so much that managing a dedicated raid group parked way out east sounds "desperately unfun and not at all the way I like to play this game", but ymmv

Apparently ymv. You're one of those guys who refuses to play dark souls unless you've spent hours arguing online about "optimal equipment setup", aren't you?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Could this finally be a patch? https://steamdb.info/app/364360/history/

Deified Data posted:

So as VC are you meant to take it slow and insidiously infect your neighbors with corruption before taking them over?

That's how I did it, but a certain poster took issue with me playing the game in a suboptimal way.
Apparently you're supposed to let them rebel each turn and dedicate a stack towards pushing down the rebellion in each settlement until your gold numbers get really high, and then kill yourself.

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 20, 2016

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

wiegieman posted:

Varg and Skaelings are what we call "total bullshit."

Yeah, I begrudgingly installed my only mod to balance them.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
It just occurred to me that I've never had the AI go through with a siege battle with worse than three to one odds.
Someone should tell CA that sometimes armies fight to weaken other armies.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kitchner posted:

Honestly they should do away with it and just rank each army in terms of number of men, the money spent on each army, the total experience of the units, and what the mix of the army is and let players judge for themselves. Keep the bar hidden as the AI's personal inter Al judgement of those stats.

Sounds kinda newbie unfriendly, I mean how is a starting player supposed to know the charging strength of a unit of caviaran humpriders?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
This game should have a cleanup-option for when you're obviously winning the campaign by a large margin and you're 100 turns in or so.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kaza42 posted:

It does! To access it, you press Esc and click on "Exit to main menu" then just play a different campaign, quest battle or custom battle! Alternatively, you can click "Exit to windows" and do something else. It lets you bypass the entire cleanup process if you don't find it interesting or fun

But my achievement!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Three full stacks of skaeling units will not go through with the siege and attack a level 2 garrison plus a half stack of graveguard/black knights. Auto resolve bar is 4/5ths red.

Jesus the AI is just flat out cowardly. I was looking forward to see how their marauders would fare against walls.

E: also

peer posted:

It seems like a lot of players are hoping for the good old blood DLC, though I'm not sure how well that would work without the sync-kill animations.

Sync-kills for heroes should be brought back, atleast in single player. It's not like you notice how a 90 armor hero goes without taking damage for two and a half full seconds.

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 24, 2016

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ZearothK posted:

Black Coach is my biggest Total Warhammer disappointment in terms of getting poo poo done.

As it stands, wraiths or the black coach seem pointless.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Deified Data posted:

For you guys who went for the VC long victory did you have to eliminate them to get anything done?

Beat them to a quivering pulp, then the peace offers came. Took a while though.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I'm deliberately holding up my empire campaign waiting for a patch.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ZearothK posted:

Yeah, Chaos isn't getting another Legendary Hero because even CA wouldn't be dumb enough to release a DLC for a DLC.

They could just... add them for free? I mean we have already given them our money.

:downs:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Flame Cannon: +Damage, +Range, increased firing angle to allow firing from second row

How the hell would this work?

e: Crypt Horrors: –Speed, -Damage, -Armour

Dammit.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Not a drat thing about the AI refusing to enter a siege battle unless it's their last army/the odds are greater than 3 to 1 in their favour.

poo poo CA, even battles are the most fun.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Slayers being produced in one turn and some slight buffs should make them better late game material.

"Norscans now correctly suffer attrition when standing in areas of high Vampiric corruption."

Yeah, this would've been nice a long VC campaign ago.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gejnor posted:

They didn't give them any actual stats buffs though so they are still trap status for most of us. The only way to make them truly viable is to install a mod that either gives them some damage mitigation or turns them super cheap volounteer type units. What they did do is that now auto-resolve won't insta murder them which is good!

True. And I gotta love the deserved chaos buffs, even though I've only played against them. Having middling graveguard units reduce their chosen and trolls to chaff seemed really off.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Tiler Kiwi posted:

never tone down the northmen. every post complaining adds another stack of marauder cavalry

Do what I do, install a mod that gives their deliverance-rear end settlements the income they deserve.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Of course they nerf my tormentor sword and leave the helm of U-luse as is.

ditty bout my clitty fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 30, 2016

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

xthetenth posted:

Weird. I'd expect lower frame rate gains but not outright greying out. I'm assuming there's some sort of beta activation thing and you did it? Maybe a beta opt in through steam?

Select DX12 mode from the launcher that pops up when you start the game from steam

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

That option is greyed out as well as the ingame menu

I'm using a 970 with the latest non-beta drivers for the record.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Why are 99% of the battle maps almost completely flat and boring?

I do not have this experience. I feel that 80% of maps have mountains, forests and/or steep hills that I have to plan around. I could stand more flat maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Avasculous posted:

And where the gently caress are the rebels getting Steam Tanks and Demigryphs?

This is downright silly.

• Locked thread