Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

sup nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

zen death robot posted:

Actually I'm not

hey ZDR do me a solid and probate me for 6 hours would you? I need to get some work done but I'm just gonna dick around on SA otherwise.

I don't care what reason, "asking for probation" is good. or "has hosed up ideas about robots" or whatever.

failing this i'll go sass Fishmech.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

"Nobody cares about the loser dems," Baloogan said, as he left the closed Bernie thread to come here and continue posting with berniethread posters.

:sad:

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Pinterest Mom posted:

Getting involved at the presidential level is the most useless thing you can do for progressive politics short of sitting on your rear end.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

loquacius posted:

Now that she has the nom wrapped up and people are kissing the ring, nothing will come of this except Republican whining, and nobody takes them seriously on this stuff because they've spent the last 8 years crying wolf

This is just the world we live in, and now it will continue to be the world we live in for the foreseeable future

If Sanders had somehow run away with the primary, she'd be going down in flames over this, but he didn't and so she isn't :shrug:

when ppl are like, "WAH you like Bernie and won't switch to support Hillary JUST BECAUSE you lost and you're being a petty child," I'm like, "No, it is because of poo poo LIKE THIS." This woman does not deserve to be president. She didn't deserve to be friggin Secretary of State. She's corrupt as hell and everyone knows it, but nobody says anything because they're all mostly on the payroll or getting shouted down as frivolous smear campaigners. Or they trot out the "everybody does it, everyone's corrupt" line that has never and will never be a good excuse.

Meanwhile dipstick hedge fund managers are put on the board of things involving top secrecy and national security, things they know absolutely NOTHING about, because they bought their way there via her slush fund foundation.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Majorian posted:

I don't think anyone "deserves" to be either of those things. What they "deserve" is a terrible reason to vote or not vote for someone, IMO. What matters is whether or not they are the most likely person to do a good job in leading the country.

Yeah oddly enough, I also don't think someone who hands out a position on a board advising the government on NUCLEAR ATTACKS to a clueless hedge fund manager just because he gave her a quarter of a million dollars is the most likely person to do a good job in leading the country. The fact that generous international donors to her foundation also happened to receive favorable weapons deals is probably also not a sterling endorsement for her candidacy.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Brother, we're the only city that had a police station built right into the side of our baseball stadium for convenience on game nights. If we wanna scale your no-scale fence, we're coming over.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

zen death robot posted:

That's a lot of nukes

get tossing, Liberty Prime

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Error 404 posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the 45th president of the united loving states
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/449525268529815552

I for one can't wait to watch this whole country burn in a tire fire of its own madness.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Error 404 posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the 45th president of the united loving states
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/449525268529815552

the way he describes it...just take out AUTISM and replace with INCREDIBLE HULK

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Despera posted:

Appreciate the congrats, I don't want the congrats

I don't want your empty praise, tell me how great I am

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Absurd Alhazred posted:

In Modern Hebrew we use the phrase "די, תמשיך", literally "enough already, keep going".

Takes a real presidential man to say "I really don't need the praise that literally, LITERALLY everyone is heaping me, you guys." it's the most elegant of humblebrags.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Thoguh posted:

How conflicted is Ted Cruz right now? On one hand, Muslim terrorist. But on the other hand, shot up a gay bar. I imagine his brain is having trouble figuring out how to treat this.

I was actually srsly pondering this, from the viewpoint of some bigoted middle America dipstick. Some of them have gotta be thinking, "serves dem queers right fer bein queeeeeeer!" otoh they then have to think, "ah poo poo, am I supporting the actions of a TERRIST??" in the end i think they'll justify it as a stopped clock being right twice a day. And this country will continue to spiral into a dumpster fire.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Epic High Five posted:

They'll just send thoughts and prayers to the family and refuse to acknowledge anything that has anything to do with the LGBT aspects of the shooting

source: how every religious person I'm aware of and every conservative politician (except Glenn Beck lmao) reacted today

well yeah, OUT LOUD. I meant how do they justify it to themselves.

*sadly shakes head* Such are the wages of their sinful lifestyle. At least those darn mooslims didn't attack a good God-fearing church or wholesome straight bar! *bakes a cake and decorates it like a flag in order to feel safer from the terrrrrists in Rural Bumbleton, Kansas*

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

NumberLast posted:

I'm seriously pretty :smith: about last night.

I still don't understand getting angry about terrorist attacks. Too sad to be angry.

it's loving horrible. I get mad because it's the kind of useless anger like, "Why couldn't we stop this? somebody should have stopped this." But the reality is no one could really know it would happen.

Also i get mad because I haven't checked the news yet but I'm sure many, many assholes will try to use the pointless deaths of 50 people to justify their political beliefs and segue into their favorite talking points. Always happens, always horrible.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

ANGRYGREEK posted:

Wow, that attack was brutal. Just shows that it can happen literally anywhere - just needs a broken mind and a little terrorist influence.
Relatives of the shooter said he wasn't religious, but harbored 'antipathy' against gays. So an easy target for any islamic terrorist organisation. Only answer would be to screen literally any person in the country and snoop on their communications.

Also, gently caress Trump for his self-reightous 'TOLD YOU SO'. What a huge idiot rear end in a top hat he is.

Interviews also revealed he hated black people, jews and women. This guy was just a bigoted piece of poo poo and looking to claim affiliation with whatever group hated the most people. Trumps I told you so is bs because this wasnt about being muslim, or even being in ISIS, which he wasn't to best of anyone's knowledge. If this guy had been white, he'd be shooting up clubs in the name of the Klan. It just makes me sick.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

SneakyFrog posted:

Not to drag this up no doubt for the billionth time, but perhaps some form of gun control in the state of FL other than "use both hands" might help.

You just know someone's gonna come back with "well if one of them GAYS had been carrying a GUN, this wouldn't have happened!"

Which, no, it still would.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

This just in, men who are huge bullies will seek out ways to get power over those members of the population that they dislike.

Oh no wait I'm sorry, it's because of Muslims. The problem is NEVER coming from inside the country. We're America. Everyone else is the problem.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

SneakyFrog posted:

Yes tell me more about the assault weapon problems you have in europe. :allears:

I guess murder is an ok thing only on the right?

actually no i take it back, I'm touchy as gently caress about this right now.

Please explain what your statement has gently caress all to do with wanting sensible gun regulation

Ugh just SHOOT ALL THE BAD PEOPLE, FROGGY. HOW HARD IS IT. just find and shoot the bad guys! You bleeding heart liberals with your "maybe find the root of violence instead of screaming and retaliating blindly." i swear. Huge eye roll.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

SneakyFrog posted:

this will be 4 dogges and 3 kittehs Hopefully it wont be a cyclops cat but if so it can be nick fury with a wee eyepatch.

poor kitteh, at least it has someone nice like you to care for it! :3

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Mitt Romney posted:

Do you think that the Sanders campaign and Sanders himself tried to paint Hillary as corrupt and paid for?

I think reality beat him to it.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Tatum Girlparts posted:

'those same dems'?

Also man

'also contributed'

"This post was also updated to include the information that water from local oceans often contributes to the devastation caused by a tsunami."

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea sure but using 'someone in a crowd during what was supposed to be kinda a somber thing said 'shut up' when I shouted it randomly' as some proof that if you think about it gay men are basically a bunch of sellouts now is pretty loving absurd.

Let's go to the place honoring the memory of when the police beat the poo poo out a ton of innocent people and forced them into squad car backseat blow jobs, and give some speeches about how proud and grateful we are that the police are here to protect us.

Then let's go to the spot of a historic native american massacre and gather to mourn and make a speech about how all the white settlers have really done a lot with the country since then.

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Hey i been gone awhile but i just wanted to pop in and say that Bernie's campaign has officially paid off in my book, because it forced DWS to resign and I find that super funny.

Sorry Gretchen...who knew sucking up to Regina all this time still wouldn't save you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

Rotacixe posted:

What does it matter at this stage? DWS completed the mission and i am sure Clinton will reward her in some way.

I just personally don't like her :) it may also affect her run against Canova, which would be a bonus

• Locked thread